2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SiLo

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

etusch wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 19:57
Marko: "Mercedes now has to use the engine at full power"

Helmut Marko, Red Bull's motorsport advisor, thinks that Mercedes now has to use the engine at full power all the time because they have performed so well this year.

Mercedes is in a fierce competition with Red Bull in the championship this season and the situation in the championship changes in almost every race.

The final third of the season is now in, and the point difference in the drivers' championship is now just two.

Mercedes has had more power unit problems than usual this year and the Mercedes team is considering switching Lewis Hamilton to a fourth power unit, just like Red Bull.

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko thinks Mercedes now has to run the engine at full power, which is causing problems.

Mercedes was not overloading the power unit before,” said Marko. Everything was easier for them. In races, they were pushing for the first few laps and then keeping the speed constant to preserve engine life."

"Now they're not likely to do such a thing. They have to push harder and that's why the problems arise." said.

For the remaining seven races, Hamilton has only two power units at his disposal. Mercedes may have to switch to the fourth engine this year, given the problems experienced.

This could have been done in Sochi but the team chose not to do so given their need for the win.

Speaking to Auto Motor und Sport, a Mercedes engineer said: "We wanted Lewis to win the race in Sochi because we hadn't won a race since the British Grand Prix. We needed a victory. After all, it's also important to keep the team's morale up."

"We won't change the power unit in Turkey unless Lewis has a problem
. We expect our hard fight with Red Bull Racing to continue there as well."

"But in one of the next races we will have to change the engine. Usually we try to do it on tracks where we are either particularly fast or going at a much slower speed than our competitors. Or it could be in a place where there is a chance of rain."

"The track in Mexico is a great place for Red Bull Racing because of the high altitude. The same can be said for Interlagos." said.
google translated

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko ... r/6681489/
And we can thank Red Bull for the current situation finally! Without them, Merc will still be cruising to another two titles.
Felipe Baby!

Wouter

Max about working with Honda. He also will be racing in a unique livery and race suit.

Talking to Max Verstappen, ahead of the Turkish Grand Prix that replaces the Japanese Grand Prix, the Red Bull Racing driver is asked what he will miss most about the race at Suzuka. Max says: “I really enjoy the Japanese Grand Prix so it’s a shame that we will miss it. I will miss the fans the most, it’s always a lot of fun seeing the fans in Japan as they are so passionate about Formula 1. I also hope they like the new livery that we have on the car this weekend.”

You’ll be racing in a unique livery and race suit this weekend, are you excited to see the car and does it feel special to race in a one off race livery? Max: “It always feels special to race for Honda, even without the special livery. For us as a team and for Honda to miss out on the Japanese GP is a shame, but it’s cool that we can do something in Turkey instead to celebrate. I’m excited to see the it and it’s really special to have the car look different for a race so I’m looking forward to that.”

What are your happiest memories of racing with Honda? Max answers: “My happiest memories with Honda are of course the wins, especially my first win with them, that was very emotional. Working together with Honda has been such a pleasure and they are super motivated every single race and they are super passionate in terms of delivering the best they can all the time. So it has been really enjoyable working with them.”
The Power of Dreams!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 13:47
Wouter wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:05
bidong wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 10:17
RED BULL WILL HAVE A NEW LIVERY THIS WEEKEND!!!

The twin Red Bull Racing RB16B cars of Max Verstappen and team-mate Sergio Perez will feature a predominantly white livery inspired by the legendary Honda RA 272 car, in which US racer Richie Ginther secured the company's maiden Formula 1 win at the 1965 Mexican Grand Prix.
Meanwhile, at AlphaTauri, the rear wings of the AT02 cars driven by Pierre Gasly and Yuki Tsunoda will feature the one-word message ありがとう(arigato,) meaning "thank you".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBASDzfVQAA ... name=small
I'm rather surprised they'll do this @ Turkey, i can't fathom what Turkey has to do with it except for that it might be planned ahead on Singapore, and Turkey replaces Singapore. However, there also should have been a Japanese GP so i would figure it had to be there instead.

It thus would make more sense to me to atleast wait for Mexico and put it there, as it's not unlikely they'll win there.

So, does this mean that this is going to be the final update from Honda for the car? Or perhaps will RB come with it's final update for Turkey, and from there on it's all about settings and already produced wings and the team fully focuses on 2022? And this is why it's saying 'origato' / thanks on the wing?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bigblue

https://honda.racing/f1/post/special-livery-turkey
The reason for doing this at the Turkish Grand Prix, is that the date, Sunday 10th October should have been the day of this year’s Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka, with Honda as its title sponsor, in its last year in Formula 1. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 restrictions, the race has had to be cancelled.

The livery is a gesture of thanks and appreciation for the Japanese fans who were hoping to see Honda race one last time at its home track. The Red Bull Racing cars will be painted in the predominantly white livery inspired by the Honda RA 272 car with which the American driver Richie Ginther secured the company’s maiden Formula 1 win at the 1965 Mexican Grand Prix. The rear wing on the AlphaTauri cars will feature the one-word message ありがとう(arigato,) meaning “thank you.”

adrianjordan

Dear Red Bull Racing

Just show the livery already!!!!

That is all 😂
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

F1NAC wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 12:39
LHamilton wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:17
Am I right in saying that the last time Red Bull had a proper one off livery was back in 2012 Silverstone when they had their 'Wings of Life' livery where people could send in portray pictures which would then be put on the car. That race Mark Webber managed to win the race, so a good omen for what's to come? :)

Correct me if I'm wrong. But generally Red Bull have been pretty subdued when it comes to one off liveries. Can't really think of any other apart from that.
Also last time they used white livery they ended up race after first corner (Brazil 2008) :P
Didn't go too well for Merc the time THEY ran a one off white livery either!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

PlatinumZealot

I can bet Honda will change their mind for 2022 and be quite visible on the RedBull livery still.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

SiLo wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 13:09
etusch wrote:
Marko: "Mercedes now has to use the engine at full power"

Helmut Marko, Red Bull's motorsport advisor, thinks that Mercedes now has to use the engine at full power all the time because they have performed so well this year.

Mercedes is in a fierce competition with Red Bull in the championship this season and the situation in the championship changes in almost every race.

The final third of the season is now in, and the point difference in the drivers' championship is now just two.

Mercedes has had more power unit problems than usual this year and the Mercedes team is considering switching Lewis Hamilton to a fourth power unit, just like Red Bull.

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko thinks Mercedes now has to run the engine at full power, which is causing problems.

Mercedes was not overloading the power unit before,” said Marko. Everything was easier for them. In races, they were pushing for the first few laps and then keeping the speed constant to preserve engine life."

"Now they're not likely to do such a thing. They have to push harder and that's why the problems arise." said.

For the remaining seven races, Hamilton has only two power units at his disposal. Mercedes may have to switch to the fourth engine this year, given the problems experienced.

This could have been done in Sochi but the team chose not to do so given their need for the win.

Speaking to Auto Motor und Sport, a Mercedes engineer said: "We wanted Lewis to win the race in Sochi because we hadn't won a race since the British Grand Prix. We needed a victory. After all, it's also important to keep the team's morale up."

"We won't change the power unit in Turkey unless Lewis has a problem
. We expect our hard fight with Red Bull Racing to continue there as well."

"But in one of the next races we will have to change the engine. Usually we try to do it on tracks where we are either particularly fast or going at a much slower speed than our competitors. Or it could be in a place where there is a chance of rain."

"The track in Mexico is a great place for Red Bull Racing because of the high altitude. The same can be said for Interlagos." said.
google translated

And we can thank Red Bull for the current situation finally! Without them, Merc will still be cruising to another two titles.
people ignoring and forget Ferrari (including Vettel) the past few seasons and suddenly RBR is 'the' challenger. sure, every bit of 'excitement' is down to RedBull.....

yes sure they're definately competitive and pushing, but let's not act like 2021 is the first moment ever since 2014 that Mercedes is under threat.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Special livery for the Turkish GP has been revealed:
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Wouter

Nathanael F1 wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 08:11

Last edited by Wouter on 07 Oct 2021, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

at least 15 hp improvement

GhostF1
GhostF1

Wouter wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 08:29
Nathanael F1 wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 08:11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBEz481WUAI ... name=large
It's stunning. Awesome tribute.

Wouter

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 21:57
Manoah2u wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 13:47
Wouter wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 11:05

The twin Red Bull Racing RB16B cars of Max Verstappen and team-mate Sergio Perez will feature a predominantly white livery inspired by the legendary Honda RA 272 car, in which US racer Richie Ginther secured the company's maiden Formula 1 win at the 1965 Mexican Grand Prix.
Meanwhile, at AlphaTauri, the rear wings of the AT02 cars driven by Pierre Gasly and Yuki Tsunoda will feature the one-word message ありがとう(arigato,) meaning "thank you".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBASDzfVQAA ... name=small
So, does this mean that this is going to be the final update from Honda for the car? Or perhaps will RB come with it's final update for Turkey, and from there on it's all about settings and already produced wings and the team fully focuses on 2022? And this is why it's saying 'origato' / thanks on the wing?
This weekend was supposed to be the Japanese GP and it has been cancelled.
RB has therefore chosen this weekend to use this tribute to thank all Honda people who work for and in F1
for their excellent work and excellent cooperation.

All those questions you ask have absolutely nothing to do with this tribute.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Formula 1
Thursday, 7th October 2021
Cooperation between Honda and Red Bull Group as from 2022

More: https://honda.racing/f1/post/honda-redbull-from-2022
The Power of Dreams!

SiLo

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 03:42
SiLo wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 13:09
etusch wrote:

google translated

people ignoring and forget Ferrari (including Vettel) the past few seasons and suddenly RBR is 'the' challenger. sure, every bit of 'excitement' is down to RedBull.....

yes sure they're definately competitive and pushing, but let's not act like 2021 is the first moment ever since 2014 that Mercedes is under threat.
2018 was almost 4 years ago, seems plenty of time for me to use the word finally no? All I'm doing is saying thanks! :D
Felipe Baby!