2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Neither Perez or Verstappen will even think about taking anyone out, maybe to lunch, but that's about the extent of it. There's too much at stake to be throwing away points like that. Both championships are entirely realistic and I'm sure they'll be going for it. Verstappen's goal is to outscore Hamilton, and if that's not possible then RBR's goal is to take the win, with either driver. A Hamilton win hurts just as much as Hamilton on the 2nd step of the podium and Verstappen in 5th.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

Sieper wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 15:51
Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 14:06
Sieper wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 13:49
That is the play I expect as well.

And If Bottas can take out Max in an overtake attempt, even better.

This is imho already what happened in Turkey where Bottas also had a fresh engine. Perez also did not take out Hamilton in that race. If anything it was Hamilton forcing Perez off track.
This is real life, not Hollywood. Bottas isn't taking anyone out on purpose. Drivers occasionally mess up, yes, but the last person who deliberately attempted to take someone out in a championship context has been retired for several years. :roll:
To my eyes Silverstone was way worse then what Schumacher ever did (both on Hill (got away with it, as well as on villeneuve (did not get away with it). Bottas messed up in Hungary, but that did not seem on purpose to me (incredibly stupid yes, but those misjudgements happen easily when a horde of cars run towards 1 big corner).

Perez had every chance to take Hamilton out, in fact Hamilton forced him off track, but still he let Hamilton live. RBR is playing it fairly.
You think Silverstone was a deliberate attempt to crash? Ok. I think I'll leave it there.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

godlameroso wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 16:33
Neither Perez or Verstappen will even think about taking anyone out,
No one on the grid thinks about taking someone out. Except maybe Mazepin.

Ryar

Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 16:50
Sieper wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 15:51
Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 14:06

This is real life, not Hollywood. Bottas isn't taking anyone out on purpose. Drivers occasionally mess up, yes, but the last person who deliberately attempted to take someone out in a championship context has been retired for several years. :roll:
To my eyes Silverstone was way worse then what Schumacher ever did (both on Hill (got away with it, as well as on villeneuve (did not get away with it). Bottas messed up in Hungary, but that did not seem on purpose to me (incredibly stupid yes, but those misjudgements happen easily when a horde of cars run towards 1 big corner).

Perez had every chance to take Hamilton out, in fact Hamilton forced him off track, but still he let Hamilton live. RBR is playing it fairly.
You think Silverstone was a deliberate attempt to crash? Ok. I think I'll leave it there.
This has been a beaten to death topic. It's not that hard to accept that each individual will hold on to their opinion. So no need to question it or revive it.
Hakuna Matata!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Quatar is a nice track, nice flow in an F1 car, sector 3 is full send it style, very high speed corners.
Saishū kōnā

dans79

Sieper wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 17:11
Hamilton fans just don’t want to hear it. Toto is already making a lot of noise the last days. Just like pre Silverstone where he can be quoted with “we just need one DNF” and “all tactics are allowed”.
If you are going to make claims like this you need to provide a verifiable/reliable source!
197 104 103 7

godlameroso

This was really cool. It also shows quite clearly Verstappen gains in the corner entry and Hamilton on the exit, it can only happen this way if Verstappen carries more speed in the corners and Hamilton has better exit traction/more grunt/less drag.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

dans79 wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 18:39
Sieper wrote:
Hamilton fans just don’t want to hear it. Toto is already making a lot of noise the last days. Just like pre Silverstone where he can be quoted with “we just need one DNF” and “all tactics are allowed”.
If you are going to make claims like this you need to provide a verifiable/reliable source!
Can you really not remember these statements anymore?

Here you go, 9 juli, 1 week before the race:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... aqPuD.html

I can’t find a link to the interview he gave on the eve of the GP but I am 100% sure he made statements about in racing everything is allowed. Very bold ones.

He is making the same kind of noises again. Preemptively even putting the blame in Max’ shoes, just like Hamilton and Mercedes were doing in the beginning of the season.

But in any case, however you look at these antics and whatever the outlook on Silverstone, I hope we can all agree it shouldn’t have happened and it should most definitely not happen again.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 19:55
dans79 wrote:
Sieper wrote:
Can you really not remember these statements anymore?

Here you go, 9 juli, 1 week before the race:

I can’t find a link to the interview he gave on the eve of the GP but I am 100% sure he made statements about in racing everything is allowed. Very bold ones.

He is making the same kind of noises again. Preemptively even putting the blame in Max’ shoes, just like Hamilton and Mercedes were doing in the beginning of the season.

But in any case, however you look at these antics and whatever the outlook on Silverstone, I hope we can all agree it shouldn’t have happened and it should most definitely not happen again.

saying someone is only a dnf or less than a DNF away does not imply a driver will take another driver out. For example Seb nearly lost the 2012 title at the start of the last race of the season, and it wasn't his main rival who he tangled with that almost cost him the championship. He almost lost it because his main rival was within DNF range.

Any driver at Bahrain last year spa 2019, or japan 2014, is well aware of how "safe" they actually are when they climb into the cockpit. Do drivers make judgment mistakes sure, but none of them are deliberately looking to take another driver out at high speed.

I don't even think schumi or senna wanted to take the other driver out. They just wanted to scare them or force them into a mistake or to give space. The both drove very aggressively at times, but I don't think the thought "I'm going to take him out" has ever crossed their minds.
197 104 103 7

Gillian

dans79 wrote:
Sieper wrote:
I don't have an opinion in this silly discussion but it's not that hard to verify what Sieper is saying. You can easily find it, but here you go... This is what he said right before Silverstone:

“But this is so far from over. I don’t know what is he, 32 points behind Max? that’s a DNF away. And he’s in the hunt again.

I think we’re going to Silverstone, blow everyone away, finish one and two and 30 seconds away from everybody else,” he added with his tongue-in-cheek.
Verstappen sure did get blown away. :wink:

langedweil

Chaps .. letitgo, there's literally nothing to win in the battle who's right.
S*** happened, move on .. steaming 5 races ahead !
HuggaWugga !

Sieper

Imply or not. He is making the noises. Again.

And on purpose or not whichever way you looked at it, it happened and it really shouldn’t have.

And now I am fearing another moment like that.

Wouter

There were 100 000 visitors today to catch a glimpse of Checo, who gave a number of demonstrations in Mexico City.

The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan

Gillian wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 21:22
dans79 wrote:
Sieper wrote:
I don't have an opinion in this silly discussion but it's not that hard to verify what Sieper is saying. You can easily find it, but here you go... This is what he said right before Silverstone:

“But this is so far from over. I don’t know what is he, 32 points behind Max? that’s a DNF away. And he’s in the hunt again.

I think we’re going to Silverstone, blow everyone away, finish one and two and 30 seconds away from everybody else,” he added with his tongue-in-cheek.
Verstappen sure did get blown away. :wink:

Yeah, but crashing in to someone to try to get a DNF for them and not you is a totally idiotic thing to do. It's more likely to end up with both cars out of the race. So, no, Hamilton didn't do it on purpose to Max.

And did you miss the "tongue in cheek" bit? It means he wasn't being serious. It was a joke.