2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alexf1

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

So, a mid season update could be good news as it would mean that the hardware development continues until 2nd or 3rd engine.

Wouter

This afternoon first test flight 🛩 (56 minutes) from BSL Basel-Mulhouse Airport and back.
Now Max and other drivers and coaches from Monaco can travel save to the race weekends.
Click on the picture to enlarge. The lion is on the tail. :-)

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

there is nothing important but if you want to read...
WHAT WILL RED BULL’S ‘NOT A HONDA’ F1 ENGINE BE CALLED?

Red Bull’s takeover of the Honda Formula 1 engine means it will manage its own engine project for the first time – but what will it be called?

F1 history has plenty of examples of engines not being called what they really are, and the-engine-formerly-known-as-Honda will join that list in 2022.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/what-wil ... rPjqOmrdAw

tangodjango

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... ke-concept

' Red Bull’s chief engineer Pierre Wache is convinced that their high-rake concept is better, that it was just the understanding of the aero problem around the new narrow nose concept that prevented them showing this sooner. He’s quite gung-ho about that view too: “We missed an opportunity because I think they [Mercedes] were beatable. If we’d found what we find now on the car, we’d beat them. I’m pissed off with that and I think we’re all on the same page.
“They did do a good job, to be fair, no DNF etc. But they are not everywhere perfect and I think we can find more performance than them, even with the engines as they were. They are beatable.” '

He almost fails to realize how delusional he sounds. It's almost as if they need some fresh blood at the top.

I remember the same guy saying when 2017 regs were announced interesting times are ahead because there is more to be gained from aero and he thinks they were the best. As we all know they had to copy the Ferrari concept wholesale by middle of that year as it was Ferrari who came up with the best chassis.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

ME4ME

I don't see the problem. He acknowledges that they messed up, that they could've done a better job, that they had the engine to do better and that actually Honda was good enough (apart from the DNFs) but that he ultimately believes in and stands by the high rake concept. He also recognizes Mercedes excellence.

Wouter

ME4ME wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 21:05
I don't see the problem. He acknowledges that they messed up, that they could've done a better job, that they had the engine to do better and that actually Honda was good enough (apart from the DNFs) but that he ultimately believes in and stands by the high rake concept. He also recognizes Mercedes excellence.
Exactly! I totally agree with that. Waché says exactly as it is.
The Power of Dreams!

tangodjango

ME4ME wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 21:05
Of course he has to stand by it publically otherwise he'll probably get fired. Everyone could have done a better job, RBR is hardly unique there. Sense a lot of hidden aggro now their 'Best Chassis' BS has been thrown under the bus. For a team who said they were confident that they would be competing this year and be completely unaware of massive correlation issues until 3 races into the season is just beyond belief.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Slo Poke

tangodjango wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 20:14

' Red Bull’s chief engineer Pierre Wache is convinced that their high-rake concept is better, that it was just the understanding of the aero problem around the new narrow nose concept that prevented them showing this sooner. He’s quite gung-ho about that view too: “We missed an opportunity because I think they [Mercedes] were beatable. If we’d found what we find now on the car, we’d beat them. I’m pissed off with that and I think we’re all on the same page.
“They did do a good job, to be fair, no DNF etc. But they are not everywhere perfect and I think we can find more performance than them, even with the engines as they were. They are beatable.” '

He almost fails to realize how delusional he sounds. It's almost as if they need some fresh blood at the top.

I remember the same guy saying when 2017 regs were announced interesting times are ahead because there is more to be gained from aero and he thinks they were the best. As we all know they had to copy the Ferrari concept wholesale by middle of that year as it was Ferrari who came up with the best chassis.
I wonder what they found, that they find now on the car? Wherever did they find it? It wasn’t hiding under the monkey seat was it? Something has obviously infused the man enough to state that a previously unbeatable adversary is now beatable! It’s as if RedBull suddenly have all the gizmos and now go do its’, ‘int it!
Just-a-mo’-tho’,.. you don’t suppose it’s an intervention kinda thing, do you? Because that would be bizarre.

ryaan2904

tangodjango wrote:

Verstappen's cockyness had to bleed off somewhere. Now we can see it :lol:
CFD Eyes of Sauron

tangodjango

Slo Poke wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 04:21
tangodjango wrote:

I wonder what they found, that they find now on the car? Wherever did they find it? It wasn’t hiding under the monkey seat was it? Something has obviously infused the man enough to state that a previously unbeatable adversary is now beatable! It’s as if RedBull suddenly have all the gizmos and now go do its’, ‘int it!
Just-a-mo’-tho’,.. you don’t suppose it’s an intervention kinda thing, do you? Because that would be bizarre.
He said almost the same thing pre 2017 and Red Bull were nowhere chassis wise until 2018 after copying most of the 2017 Ferrari.
It is bizarre, they just don't seem to be humble enough. I think part of the problem is that instead of owning up to them being second best in every area, internally they seem to be under the delusion they are still the best team with the best 'potential' aero with Newey etc. Now someone from Red Bull again leaked Honda is bringing 40 Hp and cue the cycle of "next year we will compete and win"

Slo Poke

tangodjango wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 07:31
Slo Poke wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 04:21
tangodjango wrote:

He said almost the same thing pre 2017 and Red Bull were nowhere chassis wise until 2018 after copying most of the 2017 Ferrari.
It is bizarre, they just don't seem to be humble enough. I think part of the problem is that instead of owning up to them being second best in every area, internally they seem to be under the delusion they are still the best team with the best 'potential' aero with Newey etc. Now someone from Red Bull again leaked Honda is bringing 40 Hp and cue the cycle of "next year we will compete and win"
It will no doubt surprise you Tangodjango to learn that during the Mercedes 2013 campaign the Mercedes car steadily became an almost mechanical replica of the RedBull car, with only two aspects being different from it.
Mr. Newey and the team of people behind him still remain the team to beat. Now that does read as bizarre but it’s true and this coming year will prove it.
Fortune, it is said, favours the brave and/or the bold and to a degree it does but in their case it was misfortune that favoured them. Otherwise they’d have merely drawn level pegging with RedBull.

lio007

Amazing 😍

Ground Effect

James Allison made some interesting comments about Adrian Newey and his high rake design concept recently. Though it’s pointed out it’s likely tongue-in-cheek, one does wonder.

“Because the media does a good job of telling everyone that Adrian Newey builds the best chassis, and that convinced everyone else to copy that concept! In the meantime, our car has flown under the radar and everyone just believed that it lived off its powerful engine. Our car is also very good aerodynamically?"

Red Bull always seem to be needing to correct an aero flaw it encounters at the start of the season in recent years, while Mercedes has been producing an all rounder from race 1. When you develop late into the season, with the talent of Newey and the deep pockets of Red Bull, you’ll more than likely end the year with the better car.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

nzjrs

Amazing! Great find and post!