2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jaisonas

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Well that was a fun season while it lasted...

Revs84

So at one point Hamilton was struggling to get any poles, then suddenly starts outqualifying everyone with half a second? How does that happen?

dans79

Revs84 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 17:04
So at one point Hamilton was struggling to get any poles, then suddenly starts outqualifying everyone with half a second? How does that happen?
The car is aerodynamically the best it's been all season, the engine looks to be the best it's been all season, And Lewis thrives when under pressure!
197 104 103 7

politburo

Jaisonas wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 17:03
Well that was a fun season while it lasted...
True, it's essentially over at this point. The more interesting fight will be Gasly-Alonso-Sainz. I hope FOM do not make the mistake of showing 1 driver lapping at the front 4,5,6 seconds ahead of everyone else. I hope they show us the action.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

darkpino

*cough* Imola and Baku *cough* ;)

But in all honesty: Mercedes did a wonderful job at engineering their car during the season. Well done

Wouter

Alonso and Gasly <0.4 sec slower than Max on this long lap on the same compound! What is going on?
The Power of Dreams!

politburo

Wouter wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 17:15
Alonso and Gasly <0.4 sec slower than Max on this long lap on the same compound! What is going on?
Both of them were faster than Perez as well in Q2 on the same tire, 2 tenths. It's all crumbling right now, crumbling hard.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Juzh

Verstappen ran with FP1 barn door rear wing in qualifying, probably due to drs malfunction. Can someone confirm if they switched for perez as well, or if they retained spoon shaped wing?

NathanOlder

godlameroso wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 00:43
Qatar is going to play into RBR's hands from what I can tell, downforce helps a lot because only 2 slow corners, the rest are right in the sweet spot. I think the gap there will be similar to the gap in Zandvoort. It's the front left that takes the biggest pounding. May need to think about asymmetric setup as there's only 4* left hand turns and only 2 of them put any significant load on the front right.
Didn't quite play in your hands in qualy. The gap in qatar was bigger than the gap in Brazil.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Swifty

NathanOlder wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 17:41
godlameroso wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 00:43
Qatar is going to play into RBR's hands from what I can tell, downforce helps a lot because only 2 slow corners, the rest are right in the sweet spot. I think the gap there will be similar to the gap in Zandvoort. It's the front left that takes the biggest pounding. May need to think about asymmetric setup as there's only 4* left hand turns and only 2 of them put any significant load on the front right.
Didn't quite play in your hands in qualy. The gap in qatar was bigger than the gap in Brazil.
Well, I guess Assetto Corsa isn't the most reliable simulator to predict real life circumstances. :?

MtthsMlw

Juzh wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 17:37
Verstappen ran with FP1 barn door rear wing in qualifying, probably due to drs malfunction. Can someone confirm if they switched for perez as well, or if they retained spoon shaped wing?
Perez also had the barn door one

Nathanael F1

Unfortunately, it’s look like the Mercedes are just too dominant at this point. Party mode engine, flexing rear wing, abrupt suspension squat…whatever the reason Red Bull is not on the same level of pace. Perez was out in Q2!

It’s looking like baring mechanical failures, crashes, or getting lucky with safety cars or red flags, Mercedes will win both championships.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

etusch

It is strange that Perez and Leclerc can not do even close what their teammates do with softer compound

adrianjordan

Nathanael F1 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 18:49
Unfortunately, it’s look like the Mercedes are just too dominant at this point. Party mode engine, flexing rear wing, abrupt suspension squat…whatever the reason Red Bull is not on the same level of pace. Perez was out in Q2!

It’s looking like baring mechanical failures, crashes, or getting lucky with safety cars or red flags, Mercedes will win both championships.
You know party mode was banned ages ago right?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Gillian

adrianjordan wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 19:52
Nathanael F1 wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 18:49

You know party mode was banned ages ago right?
Depends on what you mean by that. What is banned is changing engine modes during qualifying and race. The actual engine mode is still allowed, but it would mean you would have to do the entire qualifying and race with said mode. I think what Nathanael is referring to is Mercedes is running an entire race in this high output engine mode. If that is possible and/or likely or not I don't know.