2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

IMO that gearbox is no good. But if they want to race with it amd have Max complaining about gear change issues by the half way mark then so be it.
Max drives to unhindered i dont think he's going to nurse that gearbox at all.
But if lewis gets 26 points thats a nice little gift going into the final race.

The reality of pressure is cracking Max. He is starting to understand how it cannot be avoided. He crashed because he got greedy on the brakes and greedy on the throttle. While his rivals had no way of responding because they were already in the pits. It was not wise of him.
For Sure!!

Jolle
Jolle

ringo wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 01:37
IMO that gearbox is no good. But if they want to race with it amd have Max complaining about gear change issues by the half way mark then so be it.

The reality of pressure is cracking Max. He is starting to understand how it cannot be avoided. He crashed because he got greedy on the brakes and greedy on the throttle. While his rivals had no way of responding because they were already in the pits. It was not wise of him.
My guess is that their analysis showed that they needed pole to be able to have a chance of winning this weekend and took risks accordingly (and keep on taking risks keeping the gearbox)

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

ringo wrote:

What do you base that statement ("That gearbox is no good") on? Sounds like wishful thinking to me. :roll:
The reality is, Max drove a magical lap but overstepped the mark. Like it or not, he had to take some extra risk - Red Bull does not have the upper hand over Mercedes. Not at this stage. (Even if they were a tad faster in Q, it certainly was not by 0.4s as you claimed earlier.)

El Scorchio

SchuMassa wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 04:18
ringo wrote:

What do you base that statement ("That gearbox is no good") on? Sounds like wishful thinking to me. :roll:
The reality is, Max drove a magical lap but overstepped the mark. Like it or not, he had to take some extra risk - Red Bull does not have the upper hand over Mercedes. Not at this stage. (Even if they were a tad faster in Q, it certainly was not by 0.4s as you claimed earlier.)
Someone on the post qualifying show today stated he was 0.4s up going into the final corner. It was either Horner or DiResta so make of it what you will.

Marko is also quoted as saying it.

ringo

Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 02:03
ringo wrote:

My guess is that their analysis showed that they needed pole to be able to have a chance of winning this weekend and took risks accordingly (and keep on taking risks keeping the gearbox)
Yes agreed on the analysis but he had pole by 4 tenths with 1 corner to go and he can see the deltas on the dash. But he was driving wildly from the second corner as if he were in a video game. What's done is done, but there is a trend where you see the sim racer F1 pilots take some risks where they reserve nothing and go all out as if there are no consequences. Norris in Spa is a good example.
This lap that Max was on was full berserk mode. It was fun to watch while it lasted but you could tell the tyres maybe couldnt handle that stress for 6km.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

godlameroso wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:10
Verstappen has a few tenths in hand so 3rd place start is not the end of the world. There are a few upsides as well, Verstappen's tires are in better shape than Hamilton's and given that the mediums can't do more than 16 laps, and his already have 8 laps in low fuel I'd say he'd have to pit round lap 11-12 while Verstappen can overcut a bit. The important thing will be to get past Bottas and hopefully starting behind Hamilton Verstappen can steal a tow into turn 1/2. Safety car is guaranteed.
Mediums cant do 16 laps? Sure about that?
Where did you get that one from? Did you not see guys doing all of Q3 on six laps of fuel and one set of softs and still going faster?

The mediums will finish the race and drive the cars to Abu Dahbi.

Marko as stated that RedBull will change gearbox, if any doub of damage since the car is quick. Max will make it up the field but the Mercs will be maybe ten seconds ahead. The field spread is low here so they will not put Max if there is an early safety car and they will not attempt undercut either until a gap is there... Max has set up for fast warm up. But when will the opportunity come unless he can jump 5 cars in a matter of laps?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dans79

SchuMassa wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 04:18
What do you base that statement ("That gearbox is no good") on? Sounds like wishful thinking to me.
Because history has shown thats while the gearboxes can take a massive hit from behind, they really don't like any force coming down the drive shaft axially!
197 104 103 7

jellybone
jellybone

Heart breaking end to the day, but it's just qualifying and tomorrow is where it really counts.

I love how this has been a seesaw battle all year, last few races nobody gave RB a chance. Max comes out flying right out of the box in P1, Honda power a bit down on day Friday and RB wasn't dialed in. Today they take the tide back and man that last flying lap he really put it all out there, would have been the lap of the season and could have been a nail in the coffin to Mercedes. But an unfortunate mistake and he's in 3rd, not the end of the world if he can bring it.

I have to say that RB is loosing the war of luck, every mistake or bad luck on their part has cost them big points/chances , if lady luck was more on their side they would have cinched this up already. Now though we will most likely see a last race champion crowned, winner take call, if they can win it, it'll just make it that much more sweet and exactly the type of story that F1 needs (Drive to Survive will be classic next year).

One more sleep, go MAX!

Ryar

It was gutting. So so unfortunate. Up until that last sector, it was breathtaking driving from the best driver on the grid. It was hair raising. First time in ages an F1 car looked like an F1 car on the track. He wanted no prisoners and went for that last centimeter. Heartbreaking stuff, considering how amazing he was all through the weekend. He was almost 4 tenths up until then and it was beyond belief. Could have been the best lap for ages. Haven't seen another one since Schumacher's pole in Monaco 2012 where he was changing brake bias with one hand while bolting that pole lap and Ayrton's pole lap at the same venue. Legendary stuff Max. =D>

Regardless of the outcome of the season, Max is the Champion of the people. He has been brilliant. Nothing more to ask for.
Hakuna Matata!

etusch

Ryar wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 09:06
It was gutting. So so unfortunate. Up until that last sector, it was breathtaking driving from the best driver on the grid. It was hair raising. First time in ages an F1 car looked like an F1 car on the track. He wanted no prisoners and went for that last centimeter. Heartbreaking stuff, considering how amazing he was all through the weekend. He was almost 4 tenths up until then and it was beyond belief. Could have been the best lap for ages. Haven't seen another one since Schumacher's pole in Monaco 2012 where he was changing brake bias with one hand while bolting that pole lap and Ayrton's pole lap at the same venue. Legendary stuff Max. =D>

Regardless of the outcome of the season, Max is the Champion of the people. He has been brilliant. Nothing more to ask for.
absolutely fantastic drive and I wonder how it would be if he get right that lastt turn too. 5 tenth gap maybe and how we would feel.
After crash still I am not sad about race because I believe he will win but only sad for Q because I could not see the result.

Gillian
Gillian

etusch wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 09:42
Ryar wrote:

absolutely fantastic drive and I wonder how it would be if he get right that lastt turn too. 5 tenth gap maybe and how we would feel.
After crash still I am not sad about race because I believe he will win but only sad for Q because I could not see the result.
I was really surprised seeing that pace. :wtf:

For sure from 3rd still anything possible! Will be an exciting race.

politburo
politburo

Gillian wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 10:25
etusch wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 09:42
Ryar wrote:

I was really surprised seeing that pace. :wtf:

For sure from 3rd still anything possible! Will be an exciting race.
It will be a great race, even if the race at the front may be boring. Safety car probability must be also high which should make interesting. 5 safety car instances in 2 F2 races. Mostly incidents while approaching T1.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Jolle
Jolle

Ryar wrote:

Reminds me of a Ron Dennis quote; to finish first, you first have to finish.

He took so much risk during that lap, that hitting the wall at some point was almost a given. Bit like Leclec’s race a couple of years ago in Monaco, where after a few overtakes he hit a wall.

etusch

Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 11:37
Ryar wrote:

He took so much risk during that lap, that hitting the wall at some point was almost a given. Bit like Leclec’s race a couple of years ago in Monaco, where after a few overtakes he hit a wall.
he says he brake at same place as he did before. Maybe soft tyres couldn't keep up with the heat of that fantastic lap as you did. What ron dennis said is not match with this. Max made his p3 lap and he has a margine to take risk even if it is a risky drive.
But most importantly I don't understand how a formula 1 fan can not be excited with that lap.

do you like sayings? try this one; fortis fortuna adiuvat

Gillian
Gillian

etusch wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 12:16
Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 11:37
Ryar wrote:

he says he brake at same place as he did before. Maybe soft tyres couldn't keep up with the heat of that fantastic lap as you did. What ron dennis said is not match with this. Max made his p3 lap and he has a margine to take risk even if it is a risky drive.
But most importantly I don't understand how a formula 1 fan can not be excited with that lap.

do you like sayings? try this one; fortis fortuna adiuvat
He does have a point though. I mean, after watching F1 for a few decades you kinda feel these things coming. It was an absolutely stunning lap but he left no margin at any corner whatsoever. After a few corners already I gasped and said to my wife he might bin it... And he did.

That has nothing to do with what an exceptional lap it was, because it totally was. I think I have to go back to 2011 I think, last time I felt this way when Vettels Monaco qualifying left me speechless. And that's saying a lot coming from me because I was no fan of Vettel and "the finger" back then...

So etusch, I agree with you that Verstappen is putting in fascinating drives but it's clear to see he went all in for that lap?

Even though he said he braked at the same point, he also said on Dutch television he wanted to gain a bit more in the last corner. If I read between the lines I think he means he did not want to loose time after that lockup and he went on the throttle just a little too early. If he hadn't done that he probably would not have hit the wall but also pole would have been out of reach. The difference is no damage.