2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
max_speed
max_speed

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Yesterday was biggest blow to my optimism that Max can win championship. They way redbull was behaving on track it was just matter of sealing the deal. Whole weekend car had no issues in that corner so when i saw he is 2 and half tenth up after sector 2 . I was jumping and in just that moment ,i feel championship is lost. 99.99% hamilton gonna win championship.

adrianjordan

Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:57
They are taking quite a risk I think. Worst case scenario: gearbox has its gear sync problems but they are able to finish somewhere around place 3-6 but have to take a penalty next week. Best case: gearbox holds up, they finish second tomorrow. Scenario with a gearbox replacement: second or third tomorrow and no worries going into the final race.
Surely worst case scenario for them would be Max having a gearbox related DNF and Lewis winning with Fastest lap as well?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

bosyber
bosyber

Which is why i'd imagine if they had any doubt they would have just replaced the thing right? Hard to think this team wouldn't really.

siskue2005

bosyber wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 14:22
Which is why i'd imagine if they had any doubt they would have just replaced the thing right? Hard to think this team wouldn't really.
I don't think it's confirmed yet if he takes new one or not. If he didn't and they are sure it will last next race aswell then go for it. Otherwise its a huge risk.

Personally I want them to not take the penalty and go for it

El Scorchio

bosyber wrote:
I can only think they may reckon it’ll be nigh on impossible to pass anyone in the race and it’s worth the risk, because in the context of the title, if he can’t finish in the top 3-4 and Hamilton wins, then it may as well be a DNF to all intents and purposes.

The equation of podium or DNF vs 5th or lower May come out on the side of the former. He really doesn’t want to be 7-8 points behind going into the last race and just hoping for a massive slice of luck and maybe it’s better to go all or nothing as worst case you’re in the same scenario of needing something to go wrong with your opponent.

Gillian
Gillian

If they have any doubt, they will swap the gearbox and take a penalty. A lot will happen this race so nothing is lost...

etusch

max_speed wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 13:00
Yesterday was biggest blow to my optimism that Max can win championship. They way redbull was behaving on track it was just matter of sealing the deal. Whole weekend car had no issues in that corner so when i saw he is 2 and half tenth up after sector 2 . I was jumping and in just that moment ,i feel championship is lost. 99.99% hamilton gonna win championship.
Concentrating on hitting wall may cause that but if you concentrate on pace redbull have it will change. This time they are faster on harder compound too. If he starts from 3d he has very big chance.

Wouter

siskue2005 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 14:43
bosyber wrote:
I don't think it's confirmed yet if he takes new one or not. If he didn't and they are sure it will last next race aswell then go for it. Otherwise its a huge risk.

Personally I want them to not take the penalty and go for it
I already posted this here 15 hours ago. Gearbox is fine.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29593&p=1016282#p1016282

A few hours ago a new message from this F1 journalist.

Good news for Max Verstappen. Gearbox is not damaged and can be used normally today.
So no grid penalty, start from P3 in Jeddah.

"The gearbox looks good. There will be no adjustments to the car and therefore no grid staff",
confirms father Jos Verstappen. (last night towards midnight in SA)
Verstappen set to avoid gearbox change and grid penalty https://the-race.com/formula-1/verstapp ... d-penalty/
Last edited by Wouter on 05 Dec 2021, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Gillian
Gillian

etusch wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 14:56
max_speed wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 13:00
Concentrating on hitting wall may cause that but if you concentrate on pace redbull have it will change. This time they are faster on harder compound too. If he starts from 3d he has very big chance.
Thank you for your optimism. It really is nice to read. I mean that.

etusch

Yes I am optimist one.

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 13:41
Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 00:57
They are taking quite a risk I think. Worst case scenario: gearbox has its gear sync problems but they are able to finish somewhere around place 3-6 but have to take a penalty next week. Best case: gearbox holds up, they finish second tomorrow. Scenario with a gearbox replacement: second or third tomorrow and no worries going into the final race.
Surely worst case scenario for them would be Max having a gearbox related DNF and Lewis winning with Fastest lap as well?
I cannot see RBR allowing Hamilton the fastest lap under any circumstance. Checo will be given new tyres and sent on suicide missions if it does not already belong to Max.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ringo

Gasly seems fast enough to take fastest lap too.

But about Max's lap. It was not a lap. Sad to say but it was out of control and wasnt clinical. I dont see why it is being praised whn a drive has an 8 point lead, his rivals all went into the pits and he was 4 tenths up.. When does common sense comes in?
Emotions are high but Redbull is tripping over themselves taking an easy championship.
For Sure!!

Gillian
Gillian

ringo wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:18

But about Max's lap. It was not a lap. Sad to say but it was out of control and wasnt clinical. I dont see why it is being praised whn a drive has an 8 point lead, his rivals all went into the pits and he was 4 tenths up.. When does common sense comes in?
Emotions are high but Redbull is tripping over themselves taking an easy championship.
It was 2 tenths not 4 and only because of that amazing lap. Without the risks he took he would have been P3 at best. The fact he does drive like there is no way tomorrow is why a lot of people like Verstappen. I mean, how can you not like that as a F1 fan?

I'm not even going to respond to your "easy championship" comment...

Ryar

ringo wrote:

Why is that a problem? Everybody can have their own pont of view and a perspective of things. Can't we be comfortable with such a simple fact of life and move on without questioning it? Until a lap is done, a driver has no clue if that would be enough and he did what was needed. Unlike the folks sitting on a the couch, a driver is in his moment and committed to give every ounce of his commitment and supreme focus on his driving. Max is not sitting in an office with an excel sheet in front of him to do the math and say, Oh this is enough.
Last edited by Ryar on 05 Dec 2021, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata!

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

ringo wrote:

I wish it was an easy one! Actually, it would have been a stroll in the park, hadn't it been for Silverstone and Hungary ;)

In all seriousness, pretty much the only thing we agree on is that he took an unreasonable amount of risk in the final sector. If you are 2 tenths up on your main rival, you can afford playing it safe in the last corner. Of course, it's easy to judge from the outside, but as a sim racer, I often face such decisions, too.