2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

adrianjordan wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 10:19
Manoah2u wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 03:31
ryaan2904 wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 15:47
Its as exciting seeing carlos in red as it is weird seeing Vettel off it...
Gonna be a very curious 2021!

I'm actually -finally- moving to Spain this year, i was hoping last year but Covid threw things off balance.

I'm hoping i can attend both Zandvoort & Barcelona.

Max @ Zandvoort is going to be crazy.
Alonso back in F1 AND Sainz @ Ferrari is gonna be EXTRA LIT @ Barcelona.

Too bad it's not happening @ Valencia, that'll be just an hour drive, but i'll happily have a long weekend @ Barcelona and enjoy both F1 and the city.

I'm reserved however on the prospect of actually having a GP this season where spectators/visitors are going to be allowed.

Imagine a crazy 2021 season like 2020 turned out to be, where anybody can turn up anywhere somehow.

I'd relish to see a P1 battle between Alonso & Sainz.
It's unlikely, but then again, Gasly won a GP in 2020 with AT, and Stroll got SO CLOSE to winning in a RP.

it be bonkers awesome if:

Alonso or Sainz winning @ Barcelona.
Verstappen winning @ Zandvoort & Belgium
Russell winning @ Silverstone replacing a Corona stricken Hamilton,
Leclerc winning @ Monaco,
Perez winning @ Mexico
Stroll winning @ Canada
Vettel/Schumacher winning @ Austria
Ricciardo winning @ Australia
Tsunoda a podium @ Suzuka

Hamilton can win all other 11 gp's for what i'm concerned,
but that table above would be absolutely awesome. Unlikely, but still reachable.

It's going to be very interesting though to see how Sainz will fare next to LeClerc.

I believe and feel LeClerc has been recieving the 'preferred' treatment @ Ferrari the past season especially,
but since Ferrari IS reshaping things and it seems Binotto is having to tone down a bit here and there,
that 'support' could be less especially now that Vettel is gone,
and Sainz is going to get some attention to fit well into the team.

I feel atleast there will be a 'fairer' chance for 2021 in both having 'equal machinery'.

That said, i think Sainz-Leclerc is a fast combo, but similarly 'flammable' as Vettel-Leclerc or perhaps Ocon-Perez.

I am ALSO hugely looking forward to the potential of Verstappen @ RedBull vs Sainz @ Ferrari.
You know Hamilton already had Covid, right??

The number of actual confirmed second infections, that is where the person was confirmed to have an initial infection, confirmed by a lab to be clear of infection and then confirmed to have a second infection, is only in double digits.

More likely is that Russell would be filling in for Botas.
Ah yes, Russell vs Hamilton @ Mercedes @ Silverstone, that would be juicy!

BTW yes i know Lew has had it before, BUT with the new 'british' mutated version out there, likewise the South African and supposedly South American/Brazilian, i think we're far from the end of this chapter.

I somehow totally forgot about the existance of Bottas lol.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mclaren111

Jambier

By the way, could they have use the 2021 engine for this week of testing with LEC/SAI and the young guys ?

It can be very useful

Schippke

Jambier wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 12:13
By the way, could they have use the 2021 engine for this week of testing with LEC/SAI and the young guys ?

It can be very useful
No; Forbidden by the regulations. They would've had to run the test using the 2018 Spec car and engine as well, give or take some very small exceptions.

In saying that, they could've potentially run the power unit in a different way (mapping wise/software) to try and simulate things for the new(er) power unit, but they'd be limited to how much they could gain if the engines are meant to be that different from each other

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Schippke

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/6211 ... -scuderia/

Unsurprising, but Estrella Galicia following Sainz to Ferrari. I believe their last 'beer' sponsor was Singha when Kimi was racing for them; They too followed him to Sauber Romeo.

ryaan2904

Someone please take a look and give their views here. Unbelievable stuff literally
CFD Eyes of Sauron

6 of 12

ryaan2904 wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 17:58

Someone please take a look and give their views here. Unbelievable stuff literally
It's funny that he should say it like this because it is what I had suspected all along
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

jumpingfish

Did Ferrari use modified SF90 for 18" Pirelli tyre tests? What engine allowed there, with 2019 fuel tricks or without?

JPower

jumpingfish wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 18:46
Did Ferrari use modified SF90 for 18" Pirelli tyre tests? What engine allowed there, with 2019 fuel tricks or without?
Yes, both Leclerc and Sainz were testing. I imagine its in whatever configuration they had at the end of 2019.

Sevach

Ot, but... Ferrari will race top class at Le Mans in 2023.

6 of 12

Sevach wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 17:37
https://twitter.com/FerrariRaces/status ... 45801?s=20

Ot, but... Ferrari will race top class at Le Mans in 2023.
And they found a sneaky way to advertise for Marlboro, too 😬😜
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

mika vs michael

Forza Ferrari!!! Forza Ducati!!!
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Morteza

Another reorganization of Ferrari's technical structure (Via @AlbertFabrega)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Ringleheim

You would think a team of Ferrari's pedigree and history would have the organizational tree worked out by now, but apparently not.

Let's hope they get it right this time. These changes are probably a good thing. It seems like there was room for improvement in this area!

Also can't wait for Ferrari to get back into sports car racing for 2023 and beyond.

The 2023 24 Hours of LeMans will be cool; lots of big factory participation is coming back.