2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

The gap between drivers seems to be now much smaller. I was surprised to see Mick being slower than Nikita in the first stint. He even overtook Russel for a moment, then he was overtaken by him and even my Nikita. Then, he was 5/6 seconds behind, I don´t know what happened. Then he managed the second stint much better while Nikita did a worse job, because when he was 3,6 seconds behind he started to loose pace.

politburo

Disappointing race for Mazepin, spends the 1st stint in front of Schumacher, pits early then goes 46 laps on 1 set of tyres, very optimistic to say the least 46 laps for the C2. Should have pitted twice and had the chance to finish ahead of Latifi at least. Decent race for Schumacher really lapping well in the low 1.10s at the end. Another tough race next week.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Morteza

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

What hanging out with Seb does to you :D
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Morteza

aMessageToCharlie

Mazepin has good humour 😄

Morteza

LHamilton

Who would've guessed that employing rookie(s) would increase the likelyhood of mistakes? It doesn't make in easier for the drivers when the car is subpar. That being said, Tsunoda in an Alpha Tauri has seen the wall quite a few times as well.

The bigger problem might be next year if the car is somewhere, or at least on some circuits, capable of scoring points. If that is the case, mistakes can't be made. And you can look at it from the angle that all the mistakes hopefully is being done this year, and next year there won't be any. Sure, a valid argument. But I would like to counter that and say that it's one thing to pootle around at the back, and fight for points. The racing will be harder, and you will be on the limit more. So I do wonder if employing two rookies is benefital to HAAS. It probably was in the short term for financial reasons. But will that have an effect upon entering the new era of F1 cars?

Jolle

LHamilton wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 23:03
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/14 ... 3204343815

Who would've guessed that employing rookie(s) would increase the likelyhood of mistakes? It doesn't make in easier for the drivers when the car is subpar. That being said, Tsunoda in an Alpha Tauri has seen the wall quite a few times as well.

The bigger problem might be next year if the car is somewhere, or at least on some circuits, capable of scoring points. If that is the case, mistakes can't be made. And you can look at it from the angle that all the mistakes hopefully is being done this year, and next year there won't be any. Sure, a valid argument. But I would like to counter that and say that it's one thing to pootle around at the back, and fight for points. The racing will be harder, and you will be on the limit more. So I do wonder if employing two rookies is benefital to HAAS. It probably was in the short term for financial reasons. But will that have an effect upon entering the new era of F1 cars?
It’s not just being rookies. The HAAS last year was already a highly unpredictable car and the new floor rules made it even worse. The HAAS car only got very small tweaks to make it legal, nothing more or less.

Manoah2u

What if Haas actually brings a WDC capable car next season...........
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Zynerji

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:51
One can only hope!

If the field is covered by 1s in Q1, I'd be the happiest fan of all time!

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:51
It would give merc and RBR a break from being checked/reported every weekend
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Unf

Mazepin whole season like child inf the fog... who gave him F1 license for the love of god? Each quali, track by track, he is involved on some drama.

Mr.S

Haas needs to be bought by someone. Zhou has a 30M sponsorship. Drop Mazepin & get him. Haas management is terrible ! I think Gene Haas will sell the team in the next 2-3 years !