2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cuky

Re: 2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Latest rumors:
- Valentino Rossi to retire at the end of the season
- Franco Morbidelli will move to factory Yamaha team to replace Maverick Vinales
- Andrea Dovizioso will join Petronas SRT Yamaha team to replace Valentino Rossi

Team principal of Petronas SRT Razlan Razali has said that they don't want to find themselves in this same situation next year and that if VR retires and Morbidelli moves to factory Yamaha they want to give a chance to two rookies

Cuky

Few moments ago in press conference

Rossi: "I decided to stop at the end of the season"

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/08/ ... 021/383020

etusch

Cuky wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 16:22
Few moments ago in press conference

Rossi: "I decided to stop at the end of the season"

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/08/ ... 021/383020
Rossi slowed down so much that I can see he is about to stop. :lol:

Cuky

Well before the season he said that results in this season will be the main factor behind him retiring or continuing. And I don't think he's having fun fighting for a point here and there.

Though he said that he will probably be racing for some 10 years more, but with cars and that he and his team haven't yet decided in what series that will be

Cuky

KTM has confirmed that their current Moto2 rider Raul Fernandez will next season join his current team mate Remy Gardener in Tech3 MotoGP team.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/08/ ... -up/383780

NathanOlder

bit rude from Marquez in to turn 1 lol.

And a bit messy up at turn 3, Fire all over the track :shock:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

AMG.Tzan

Exceptional Jorge Martin!! I love this guy since day 1! =D>

So much young talent coming up to MotoGP right now...but again Honda is the only manufacturer without any of the young talents (I can't see how Alex Marquez is a talent...sorry)! The bike isn't good and Marc doesn't seem he will be back to his old self any time soon.

Pol Espargaro...he looks horrible! I was expecting so much from this guy on a Honda...totally wrong decision from Honda!! They should try and snatch some of the young talents that are coming up...Jorge Martin should be an option now that he's a winner!

Anyway...Suzuki seems much better and at last fast on the straights! The holeshot device should have been there since the start of 2021 and Mir would have been in the title fight now!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 15:59
Exceptional Jorge Martin!! I love this guy since day 1! =D>

So much young talent coming up to MotoGP right now...but again Honda is the only manufacturer without any of the young talents (I can't see how Alex Marquez is a talent...sorry)! The bike isn't good and Marc doesn't seem he will be back to his old self any time soon.

Pol Espargaro...he looks horrible! I was expecting so much from this guy on a Honda...totally wrong decision from Honda!! They should try and snatch some of the young talents that are coming up...Jorge Martin should be an option now that he's a winner!

Anyway...Suzuki seems much better and at last fast on the straights! The holeshot device should have been there since the start of 2021 and Mir would have been in the title fight now!
I think MM was not that bad. Some of his form from HOnda but if we consider Nakagami maybe he would be at podium or 4th. I was also expecting more from Pol but one side of me says that we have to wait a better Honda bike before any conclusion. Alex M gets better at slow speed. Maybe he will be better in time. If Honda can solve their shortcomings I think 4 of their riders can fight for higher place and wins.
Martin was not bad, it is true but if ducati didn't have so much straight line speed or for example Quartararo at that suzuki ? I would not be high about any ducati rider until I see them a bike need to be good at turns rather than just openning throttle.

Wouter

:o :(

The Power of Dreams!

Cuky

It looks way worse than it, thankfully, actually was. Pedrosa fell down, moved away from his bike. In the bunch that was coming from behind Savadori was unsighted and he almost went through the middle of Pedrosa's KTM.

https://i.imgur.com/4GKNUku.mp4

Wouter

Cuky wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 20:18
It looks way worse than it, thankfully, actually was. Pedrosa fell down, moved away from his bike. In the bunch that was coming from behind Savadori was unsighted and he almost went through the middle of Pedrosa's KTM.

Thank you @Cuky.👍
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Cuky wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 20:18

But it was bad enough for me to question if A1 ring is good or not for motogp

AMG.Tzan

Something a bit irrelevant with the race!

Why is Videopass so expensive compared to F1 TV Pro??

I've started watching MotoGP fanatically like F1 (watching all the sessions live) and because I can't watch MotoGP on free television in Greece...I'm thinking of getting Videopass so that I can watch everything live!
But after seeing the cost of Videopass I'm a bit skeptical! I mean, right now they charge 70 euros for half the 2021 season...and it even says that this is a 50% discount!! So a full season costs 140 euros?? :shock: :oops:

I really think that this is way overpriced for MotoGP fans when compared to F1 that only costs 50 euros for an annual subscription of F1 TV Pro! They offer pretty much the same content so I can't really see why MotoGP costs almost triple the price...

Anyone else thinking the same?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Cuky

Yes, I'm on the same boat.

My F1TV subscription expired in May and I decided way before testing even started that I won't be renewing it but will actually try to watch MotoGP all live for the first time. Then I saw the price and decided against it. I plan on maybe using monthly subscription near the end of the season just to see how it works, but it is still almost 30€.

One thing that is definitely better with MotoGP compared to F1TV - they have an app that works both on mobile phones and on smart TVs. I had to cast screen from my phone every time I wanted to watch F1, while with MotoGP you get all in one app.

etusch wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 21:03
But it was bad enough for me to question if A1 ring is good or not for motogp
Last years crash with Morbidelli and I can't remember who it was in 1st race at Red Bull Ring, that was really track specific. For the second race a week later they have extended the barriers to prevent bikes that crash at T2 to cut through the T3 hairpin.

This crash with Pedrosa and Savadori really has nothing to do with how the track is. Just a few weeks ago a kid was killed in motorcycle race at Aragon. Same thing happened like here, though his crash was highside rather than lowside that Pedrosa had. Competitor that was in a group behind didn't see him and collected the rider who later died. Same thing happened at Mugello this year in Moto3 qualifying. Those things sadly happen in motorcycle racing and when you have a very competitive and bunched up field there is always a possibility that someone will be bunched up in a group and come unsighted to the crash site.

cooken

They really should be able to do better to prevent these things. Are the bikes currently configured to have flag conditions displayed on the dash? There should be enough tech now that if a bike goes down, it can automatically sense and send a yellow flag signal to other riders. Maybe it's too difficult to achieve and riders are just too focused and would miss it, but worth a try surely.