2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zibby43
zibby43
611
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:21 pm
I heard the Mercedes should be the fastest car here.
Slow corners have certainly been a strength of the W12 this season.

Think it should be all to play for between Red Bull and Mercedes.

I also think Ferrari could get somewhere on the second row, particularly if either Bottas or Perez aren’t on their A-games.

User avatar
Unf
0
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

Wonder why each year the longest wheelbase has been indicated as Mercedes weaknes on Monaco... which in reality - never been ^^

Jordaann10
Jordaann10
0
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:41 pm

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

Max pole with both mercs behind him, can see Redbull getting played on strategy again without Perez being in the fight.

erudite450
erudite450
1
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

zibby43 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:09 pm
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:21 pm
I heard the Mercedes should be the fastest car here.
Slow corners have certainly been a strength of the W12 this season.

Think it should be all to play for between Red Bull and Mercedes.

I also think Ferrari could get somewhere on the second row, particularly if either Bottas or Perez aren’t on their A-games.
I take your point about the W12 performance in slow corners but Monaco's low grip nature might exaggerate its tyre warm-up issues. We also need to factor in W12's apparent dislike of the softest compounds in the Pirelli range.

That said, I still expect a close battle.

Jolle
Jolle
132
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

If Hamilton sticks it on pole… it would be hard for anyone to deny him a win. Over a full stint his/Mercedes tire management makes them a lot stronger.

zibby43
zibby43
611
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

erudite450 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:34 pm
zibby43 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:09 pm
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:21 pm
I heard the Mercedes should be the fastest car here.
Slow corners have certainly been a strength of the W12 this season.

Think it should be all to play for between Red Bull and Mercedes.

I also think Ferrari could get somewhere on the second row, particularly if either Bottas or Perez aren’t on their A-games.
I take your point about the W12 performance in slow corners but Monaco's low grip nature might exaggerate its tyre warm-up issues. We also need to factor in W12's apparent dislike of the softest compounds in the Pirelli range.

That said, I still expect a close battle.
The softer compounds will be an interesting factor.

I’m curious to see if tire warm-up will be an issue when they have more freedom to set up the car a specific way for this circuit, with maximum downforce, instead of having to ensure the car is balanced through a wide variety of corners covering the entire speed range.

Plus, they needn’t be as concerned about deg in the race, which is already a strong suit.

User avatar
JordanMugen
68
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

F1Krof wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:55 pm
Who do you got for pole?
I think Leclerc can do it. The Ferrari has a handy chassis. =D>

Sainz P3 or P4. It's what F1 needs. Forza Ferrari! :D

Bandit1216 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:59 pm
Sure. With the rookies we have this year, a safety car is probable. I just hope it doesn't effect the outcome too much.
So what if it does? A bit of Indycar safety car craziness is always fun! :D

People want to see McLarens and Ferraris (or even Alpines!) winning after all. :D

b2bL44
b2bL44
22
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:46 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

zibby43 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:27 am
With your way too early weather forecast:

17 degrees C and sunny across the weekend. Highest it will get is 19 C on Saturday.

That’s a range of 63-67 F for the highs this weekend. Lows in the mid-50s.

Not a hint of precipitation in the forecast at the moment.
Using Fahrenheit in a technical forum is blasphemy!

zibby43
zibby43
611
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

b2bL44 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 am
zibby43 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:27 am
With your way too early weather forecast:

17 degrees C and sunny across the weekend. Highest it will get is 19 C on Saturday.

That’s a range of 63-67 F for the highs this weekend. Lows in the mid-50s.

Not a hint of precipitation in the forecast at the moment.
Using Fahrenheit in a technical forum is blasphemy!
It goes with miles per hour like bread and butter. :mrgreen:

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002
0
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

JordanMugen wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:37 am
F1Krof wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:55 pm
Who do you got for pole?
I think Leclerc can do it. The Ferrari has a handy chassis. =D>

Sainz P3 or P4. It's what F1 needs. Forza Ferrari! :D

Bandit1216 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:59 pm
Sure. With the rookies we have this year, a safety car is probable. I just hope it doesn't effect the outcome too much.
So what if it does? A bit of Indycar safety car craziness is always fun! :D

People want to see McLarens and Ferraris (or even Alpines!) winning after all. :D
may be by cheating... like in 2019 pole(in one of the f1 race) when he did not allow any one to cross a line to do a flying lap.

b2bL44
b2bL44
22
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:46 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

zibby43 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:46 am
b2bL44 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 am
zibby43 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:27 am
With your way too early weather forecast:

17 degrees C and sunny across the weekend. Highest it will get is 19 C on Saturday.

That’s a range of 63-67 F for the highs this weekend. Lows in the mid-50s.

Not a hint of precipitation in the forecast at the moment.
Using Fahrenheit in a technical forum is blasphemy!
It goes with miles per hour like bread and butter. :mrgreen:
Miles per hour? :sick:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
561
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

b2bL44 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 am
zibby43 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:27 am
With your way too early weather forecast:

17 degrees C and sunny across the weekend. Highest it will get is 19 C on Saturday.

That’s a range of 63-67 F for the highs this weekend. Lows in the mid-50s.

Not a hint of precipitation in the forecast at the moment.
Using Fahrenheit in a technical forum is blasphemy!
Quite so. We should be using Kelvin. So the temperature will be 290.15K - 292.15K. :lol:
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

JPBD1990
JPBD1990
39
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

JordanMugen wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:37 am
F1Krof wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:55 pm
Who do you got for pole?
I think Leclerc can do it. The Ferrari has a handy chassis. =D>

Sainz P3 or P4. It's what F1 needs. Forza Ferrari! :D
+1 like

User avatar
El Scorchio
20
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 am

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

Leclerc winning in a Ferrari at Monaco would be great. Also to see them and the McLarens right up there.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
561
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Post

El Scorchio wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:16 am
Leclerc winning in a Ferrari at Monaco would be great. Also to see them and the McLarens right up there.
I wouldn't mind seeing Leclerc win. But a sneaky little win for Norris would be fun too. He'd be insufferable for the rest of the season! :lol:
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"