Run-off and track limits

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: Run-off and track limits

Zynerji wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 16:43
SiLo wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 16:23
Should just be the white lines everywhere, not even the curbs. 2 wheels inside the white lines at all times. Should be fairly easy to fit the transponders in the centreline of the car, and then retrofit them to curbs where this is an issue.

Otherwise, small strip of grass around the track will do the trick.
A transponder antenna wire attached to the ground 1m away from the white line could be used to detect a transponder in the nose when going over (1m+ means the inside wheels are off track) and can just activate the pit limiter for 3 seconds.

I'm sure they would figure it out very quickly after that.
pit limiter would be extremelly dangerous but, what if they get ERS deactivated for next lap?

DChemTech
DChemTech

Stu wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 07:44
This ran for a while in another thread.
I like the idea of using the transponder (already in the car for the start-grid); I would grade the penalties as follows:
Strike 1 - disable DRS for one lap
Strike 2 - disable ERS deployment/charging for one lap
Strike 3 - drive-through pit lane

I’m fairly sure that would help them to ‘colour in between the lines’.
That (or something along similar lines) sounds like a fair and clean way to administer penalties, without the fans being bothered too much by excessive time penalties.

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

I like the no ERS but that would have to be for both harvest and deployment. It would still need to be manually applied though as drivers could be forced wide during battle. Maybe if a driver is forced wide then the forcer has the ERS penalty?