My last post here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Sieper

Re: My last post here

Steven wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:05
OK, I'll join...

First of all, the mod team and I are working hard on controlling the fan reactions. I hope the way this weekend's race thread went is a sign of that, but only time will tell.

As for PZ, I don't feel I need to comment.If PZ wants to explain why he is leaving, he can, but he wasn't banned. I understand it's his own decision. I'd also say I don't feel like he was "bullied away", as suggested above.
I too feel he wasn’t bullied and in fact, I am glad you say this as I object to that kind of postings. It is just trying to antagonize and kick people who don’t share your particular outlook. I do feel like PZ is a genuine enormous fan (nothing wrong with that, so am I) and I already saw some signs he was really having a hard time with the current events. Hopefully he will recover and imho the battle is far from over. Don’t give up, support your man and keep posting.

Wouter

the EDGE wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:29
Wouter wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:18
Steven wrote:
OK, I'll join...

I'd also say I don't feel like he was "bullied away", as suggested above.
I agree. I think he wasn't "bullied away" at all. He sure has other reasons for leaving.
He was very disappointed in Mercedes, no upgrades >>> no WDC and WCC.
Are you genuinely saying he was depressed… or is that just a sarcastic comment?
I said disappointed. I did't say he was depressed. Why would I be sarcastic?
I was even shocked by his message, because he was here every day.
I hope Mercedes will come with upgrades and the battle continues, so he maybe will join the forum again.
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

I very much doubt he’s left because Mercedes are having a difficult season. The guy is clearly made of stronger stuff than that.

Like I said, I’m sure he wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I just think sadly he wasn’t made to feel very welcome here any more. That’s the impression I got. I hope he does come back because when he was being serious he posted some good stuff.

GOAT

El Scorchio wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:56
I very much doubt he’s left because Mercedes are having a difficult season. The guy is clearly made of stronger stuff than that.
I think it has everything to do with Lewis not dominating the sport, because of ‘alien equipement’.. and therefor not being able to ridicule others, as has been done over the past couple of years.

Many others have left this forum because of that, I guess karma finally ‘paid him a visit’.

=D>

cooken

GOAT wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 00:48
El Scorchio wrote:
I think it has everything to do with Lewis not dominating the sport, because of ‘alien equipement’.. and therefor not being able to ridicule others, as has been done over the past couple of years.

Many others have left this forum because of that, I guess karma finally ‘paid him a visit’.

=D>
I think this is exactly the type of post that had lead to his departure.

The painful regression from thoughtful and insightful posts to moronic hot takes. The quality of this forum has been heavily diluted. Sign of the times sadly.

GOAT

cooken wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 01:01
The painful regression from thoughtful and insightful posts to moronic hot takes.
Let me guess, you consider yourself ‘woke’?

Zynerji

GOAT wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:

=D>
💯

notsofast

Steven wrote:
the mod team and I are working hard on controlling the fan reactions
If you want to give yourself time to clean up a thread, disable the option that let's a poster know that someone has replied. By the time you get around to deleting a post, it is probably already too late.

Also, I would recommend being more harsh with posters who attack another poster. It may be more useful to spend your (admittedly limited) time on that than on trying to keep posters on-topic.

El Scorchio

cooken wrote:
GOAT wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:

=D>

The painful regression from thoughtful and insightful posts to moronic hot takes. The quality of this forum has been heavily diluted. Sign of the times sadly.
Exactly. GOAT and Zynergi sadly have just illustrated the point I was making.

Zynerji

El Scorchio wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 02:44
cooken wrote:
GOAT wrote:

=D>

Exactly. GOAT and Zynergi sadly have just illustrated the point I was making.
Truth is painful sometimes. I have a large amount of down-votes from PZ with some offensive reasoning.

The stress of not having reality line up with one's fantasy can be catastrophic, and lead to large changes in behavior. Like leaving a forum.

darkpino

In my opinion this pretty much shows (like stated before by someone else) the downward spiral this forum has been in the last couple of months.

Somehow some people feel personally offended when not everyone agrees with them. Also the option to have a healthy discussion about the opinion of someone else which differs from yours seems a passed station these days. It’s a shame as when I joined the forum (I think somewhere in 2017 or maybe even before) it was really great to read all the technical stuff going on behind the scenes

Sorry to hear PZ has decided to leave, I hope it’s only a gardening period :)

djos

Wouter wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:18
Steven wrote:
OK, I'll join...

I'd also say I don't feel like he was "bullied away", as suggested above.
I agree. I think he wasn't "bullied away" at all. He sure has other reasons for leaving.
He was very disappointed in Mercedes, no upgrades >>> no WDC and WCC.
PZ is A/ a drama Queen (only explanation for him having a final tantrum post) and B/ one of the most blinkered fan boi’s on the site.

I sure as heck won’t miss him. 🖖
"In downforce we trust"

Fulcrum

Not great to see an influential poster leave, but PZ wasn't above engaging in pure hyperbole, as well as fanatical and uncritical statements during the dominant Mercedes era.

If you're no longer enjoying something, for whatever reason, perhaps it is time to stop.

The nature of discussion on the internet is not that of an academic journal. Whether the 'standards' have dropped here is moot.

Look forward to seeing you back if you choose to return.

GOAT

darkpino wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 07:04
In my opinion this pretty much shows (like stated before by someone else) the downward spiral this forum has been in the last couple of months.
Perhaps any coincidence with Lewis dropping the ball- and not being the ‘octa-god’ some claimed he was destined to be.

darkpino

GOAT wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 08:34
darkpino wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 07:04
Perhaps any coincidence with Lewis dropping the ball- and not being the ‘octa-god’ some claimed he was destined to be.
I don't know, I also don't know if Lewis is an 'octa-god' or not. I think he deserves outmost respect because of what he has acomplished so far. In my opinion the biggest problem here at the moment is that people are taking stuff personally which isn't meant personally and the personal attacks towards people.

But I don't think it's right to hijack this thread now to discuss my point of view :)