2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 -18

sosic2121 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 15:04
Why was the red flag necessary? Couldn't the damage be repaired with SC!?
They almost always throw a red flag when a support vehicle or personnel needs to be on track for a significant period of time for safety reasons.

sosic2121 wrote:
Why Mercedes change their mind and didn't box Lewis? Did they receive information that there will be a red flag?!
They asked Bottas to pull up and look at the car, and they also would have been reviewing all the telemetry data. Thus, the team probably felt it wasn't as bad as Hamilton thought it was.
197 104 103 7

Ryar

El Scorchio wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 14:47
But the crash left the Dutchman furious.

"Is this f---ing guy blind?" he screamed on the radio.

"What the f--- is wrong with him? Jesus Christ. What a r-----. I have damage. What a mongol. I swear.

"He f--- his lap, I'm trying to prepare my lap, and he just f---- my lap by just opening DRS and staying on the normal line. No respect. But yeah, doesn't matter."
Edit
Last edited by Ryar on 20 Jul 2021, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata!

SiLo

El Scorchio wrote:

"What the f--- is wrong with him? Jesus Christ. What a r-----. I have damage. What a mongol. I swear.

"He f--- his lap, I'm trying to prepare my lap, and he just f---- my lap by just opening DRS and staying on the normal line. No respect. But yeah, doesn't matter."
Forgot about this, incredibly tasteless.
Felipe Baby!

Ryar

SiLo wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 15:53
El Scorchio wrote:

Forgot about this, incredibly tasteless.
It couldn't have been any worse character assassination than this. But, it's good to see the mask slipping out slowly from the driver and the followers. It's not that hard to splash a few photos of Hamilton from his glory days to do the same, but that's the difference i guess. Some believe in maintaining the decoram and some doesn't.
Hakuna Matata!

AMG.Tzan

popovic94 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 14:19
Short memory :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Epic!! Thanks man!!

Now show this to all Verstapen fans...see what excuse they'll have now!! :oops:

Max has been way too aggressive since day one and he's got away with it so many times, even when his driving meant that both Red Bulls didn't finish (Baku 2018) he still got protection in the classic Marko way! Many times in the past Hamilton has said that he prefers not to race with Verstapen and give him extra space.

Max has "bullied" Hamilton twice already this season (Imola, Barcelona) and Hamilton had to take evasive action to avoid contact...what would Horner, Marko and Max's fan say if Hamilton was out of the race at Turn 1, Lap 1 in Barcelona?? I know what... :wink:

But there comes a time when your competitors just stop tolerating your aggressiveness when competing for a championship! The end result is a 51G crash (thankfully he's ok!!!) that may result in penalties if an engine change is needed! Maybe that's a good lesson for an already outstanding driver!

Max had a 34 point lead and his car has a clear advantage over the Mercedes...why keep taking risks like these? Though I still think that even if he had lost the lead there he would have regained it through the pit stops! So there goes a win...

The problem now is that there are so many Verstapen fans out there that just cannot accept that their favorite driver is taking unnecessary risks. Trying to blame your competitor when there are things you yourself could have done differently, to save yourself from these kind of situations, just isn't an option when competing for the highest price!

Anyway, this is Max's year, he'll win the championship for sure...he has already been way too fast and consistent! There's no need for so much hate against Lewis...both of them were at fault as both of them could have avoided contact! But as I said above one of them had way more to lose than the other...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Lock2nl
Lock2nl

AMG.Tzan wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 16:18
popovic94 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 14:19
Short memory :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Epic!! Thanks man!!

Now show this to all Verstapen fans...see what excuse they'll have now!! :oops:

Max has been way too aggressive since day one and he's got away with it so many times, even when his driving meant that both Red Bulls didn't finish (Baku 2018) he still got protection in the classic Marko way! Many times in the past Hamilton has said that he prefers not to race with Verstapen and give him extra space.

Max has "bullied" Hamilton twice already this season (Imola, Barcelona) and Hamilton had to take evasive action to avoid contact...what would Horner, Marko and Max's fan say if Hamilton was out of the race at Turn 1, Lap 1 in Barcelona?? I know what... :wink:

But there comes a time when your competitors just stop tolerating your aggressiveness when competing for a championship! The end result is a 51G crash (thankfully he's ok!!!) that may result in penalties if an engine change is needed! Maybe that's a good lesson for an already outstanding driver!

Max had a 34 point lead and his car has a clear advantage over the Mercedes...why keep taking risks like these? Though I still think that even if he had lost the lead there he would have regained it through the pit stops! So there goes a win...

The problem now is that there are so many Verstapen fans out there that just cannot accept that their favorite driver is taking unnecessary risks. Trying to blame your competitor when there are things you yourself could have done differently, to save yourself from these kind of situations, just isn't an option when competing for the highest price!

Anyway, this is Max's year, he'll win the championship for sure...he has already been way too fast and consistent! There's no need for so much hate against Lewis...both of them were at fault as both of them could have avoided contact! But as I said above one of them had way more to lose than the other...
So you think with Verstappen on the curbs and with Lewis having 6 feet left on the inside this is the same? But anyway, it was still a stupid move from Max to even try it on Stroll. But that does not justify what Lewis did.

You call it a problem that there are so many Verstappen fans? Maybe you should report it to the mods. Or live with it and accept the fact that Lewis can also screw up.

.poz
.poz

Ryar wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 16:03
Some believe in maintaining the decoram and some doesn't.
maybe i'm wrong but i think that avoiding a very dangerous contact on a 260 km/h turn is something more significant that maintaining the decoram...

If i have a choice i prefer receiving a harsh insult over going to hospital after a 51G impact

but this is just my opinion

hollus

I want to point out that in the end, those two cars made contact by a mere couple of centimeters, an inch.
While the drivers look forward, not to the side.
At 300 km/h (OK, 260).
Turning under braking.
In changing grip conditions (cold tires).

The hunt for a guilty party looks excessive in a collision that was extremely close to not being a collision.
Rivals, not enemies.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

hollus wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 17:13
I want to point out that in the end, those two cars made contact by a mere couple of centimeters, an inch.
At 300 km/h (OK, 260).
Turning under braking.

The hunt for a guilty party looks excessive in a collision that was extremely close to not being a collision.
yeah i don''t think so mate. lewis did know exactly what he did. drift in to the rear wheel. and that is always gonna end with this. he was expecting this. and max knows to. he will get him
back mark my words.

using the natural drift because you missed the apex, does not count in being not quilty.
if i set youre house on fire, and say afterward yeah i did want to hurt you just the house......welll
Last edited by apexcontrol on 20 Jul 2021, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

LHamilton
LHamilton

hollus wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 17:13
At 300 km/h (OK, 260).
Turning under braking.

The collision is only talked about to the extent that it is because it's between the two championship contenders. Last race collision between Raikkonen and Vettel was not talked about this much, despite that situation being more obvious than this one. We can also look at the Perez/Raikkonen incident in the same race (British GP) where Perez spun around Raikkonen when fighting for 10th place if I remember correctly.

So, there is many factors as to why this incident is being talked about alot. It's not only the ones above, but also the fact that Verstappen DNFd, Hamilton managed to not DNF and also win the race. On top of that there is a bit of animosity towards Hamilton due to him being quite dominant in the last few years together with Mercedes. And as always, a period of domination from a driver and/or team (Schumi/Ferrari, Vettel/Red Bull, Hamilton/Mercedes etc.) tends to gather a lot of voices towards those teams/drivers, not necessarily because of the teams/drivers, but because of the domination and how certain weekends thus can become a bit predictable.

I feel like people who are trying to fight the battle to the very end in regards to who's fault it is, are the ones that is trying to channel an anger to which they themselves do not know why they are angry about. Look at someone like Vettel. He wasn't very liked during his domination spell, but since that have found a wave of new/returning believers.

SiLo

Lock2nl wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 17:03
So you think with Verstappen on the curbs and with Lewis having 6 feet left on the inside this is the same? But anyway, it was still a stupid move from Max to even try it on Stroll. But that does not justify what Lewis did.

You call it a problem that there are so many Verstappen fans? Maybe you should report it to the mods. Or live with it and accept the fact that Lewis can also screw up.
Don't think anyone is saying Lewis isn't partially at fault here. But I'm not sure where you think Verstappen was on the curb at any point during the incident. He was driving an ever decreasing radius line that would always squeeze Lewis.
Felipe Baby!

PhillipM
PhillipM

He wasn't anywhere near a kerb, he had 3-4 car widths to the outside, he had more than enough room to manouver, he just chose not to

PlatinumZealot

LHamilton wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 17:47

I feel like people who are trying to fight the battle to the very end in regards to who's fault it is, are the ones that is trying to channel an anger to which they themselves do not know why they are angry about. Look at someone like Vettel. He wasn't very liked during his domination spell, but since that have found a wave of new/returning believers.
On Vettel and the dislike of him. I hated "finger boy" at the time too. I didn't begin acknowledging his skill until Singapore 2012(?). And I didn't start warming up to him until about 2015.

Looking back on it, I think Vettel was a victim of the RedBull "culture camp." just like how Lewis was brainwashed by Ron Dennis. These young driver's just werent given the space to be themselves and space to mature. I don't beleive the RedBull Sebastian could have survived today as a likeable driver. It was almost necesdary for him to leave that camp. The real sebastian has sort of blossomed out that RedBull bull mold and he's quite a nice guy from many angles. (well he is still a ruthless racer!).

Lewis i think was a manufactured soldier. Similar to how Max is now. Its expected that Max will stay with Redbull in the coming years and it's a good thing, Newey's machines are expected to at the front. But I can't help but feel Max struggles as a person in the strict boarding school run by Helmut. I hope he moves one day so we can see the true Max.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

dans79 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 15:32
sosic2121 wrote:
Why was the red flag necessary? Couldn't the damage be repaired with SC!?
They almost always throw a red flag when a support vehicle or personnel needs to be on track for a significant period of time for safety reasons.

sosic2121 wrote:
Why Mercedes change their mind and didn't box Lewis? Did they receive information that there will be a red flag?!
They asked Bottas to pull up and look at the car, and they also would have been reviewing all the telemetry data. Thus, the team probably felt it wasn't as bad as Hamilton thought it was.
Not just that. The barrier must be repaired first and foremost. It had to be redfallged.
Maz fans need to go lick their wounds of the forum. Thanks for the portugal 2020 reminded of a racing incident involving none other than Max Vestappen. This case is closed now.
Maybe Max should be banned from the sport for his agressiveness towards all other drivers.
For Sure!!

SiLo

PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 17:58
LHamilton wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 17:47

On Vettel and the dislike of him. I hated "finger boy" at the time too. I didn't begin acknowledging his skill until Singapore 2012(?). And I didn't start warming up to him until about 2015.

Looking back on it, I think Vettel was a victim of the RedBull "culture camp." just like how Lewis was brainwashed by Ron Dennis. These young driver's just werent given the space to be themselves and space to mature. I don't beleive the RedBull Sebastian could have survived today as a likeable driver. It was almost necesdary for him to leave that camp. The real sebastian has sort of blossomed out that RedBull bull mold and he's quite a nice guy from many angles. (well he is still a ruthless racer!).

Lewis i think was a manufactured soldier. Similar to how Max is now. Its expected that Max will stay with Redbull in the coming years and it's a good thing, Newey's machines are expected to at the front. But I can't help but feel Max struggles as a person in the strict boarding school run by Helmut. I hope he moves one day so we can see the true Max.
Are you me? I felt exactly the same way about Vettel. Almost like there is some form of arrogance around Red Bull. I don't think it helps with Horner and Marko always bleating in the media.
Felipe Baby!