F1 2022 Technical Regulation

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Stu

Re: F1 2022 Technical Regulation

Fer.Fan wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 11:39
mclaren111 wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 10:44
Fer.Fan wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 08:29

Hi All

Can someone help me find out max lenght on new 2022 cars? According to new regulations the must be a bit shorter but i can not confirm that?
Thank you All😊

IIRC there is no Max Length for the car itself... The Max Wheelbase however is 3.6m... :wtf:

https://motorsport.tech/wp-content/uplo ... ELBASE.jpg
12 cm is huge in F1. That is why new Haas VF22 have much wider sidepods in order to have slim rear packing. I think we can expact similar solutions on other temas and cars as well.
It is only the Mercedes (and probably the Aston Martin) that will have the huge change, from what I can recall Ferrari, RedBull (and a few others) will not have a change of WB - or very little change.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: F1 2022 Technical Regulation

mclaren111 wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 10:44
Fer.Fan wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 08:29
Ph4nt0m47 wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 08:42
Greetings,

I was reading the technical regulations, and I didn't quite understand this specific point (3.10.1 (c))(rear wing). Can someone explain this to me, please?

It states that: Outboard of Y100, the normal to any point of the profiles surface must not subtend an angle greater than 20deg to a Y plane.

Thank you. :)
Hi All

Can someone help me find out max lenght on new 2022 cars? According to new regulations the must be a bit shorter but i can not confirm that?
Thank you All😊

IIRC there is no Max Length for the car itself... The Max Wheelbase however is 3.6m... :wtf:

https://motorsport.tech/wp-content/uplo ... ELBASE.jpg
A maximum wheelbase brings with it a maximum length. The front end and the rear end each has measurement limitations with respect to the front and rear axle lines respectively.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.