2022 F1 Race Calendar

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Stu

Re: 2022 F1 Race Calendar

Ryar wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 12:07
Wouter wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 11:52
Ryar wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 11:38

It's a shame if they did.
Not giving a proper chance to see how it would add to the 2022 spectacle is an absolute shame.
Not giving a proper chance is an absolute shame? ?

They had that chance in 2021 and it turned out that it was only appreciated by 7% of the viewers.
Plus, we've never had so much excitement in a season. Those sprint race weekends were completely unnecessary.
In addition, everyone has to design a new car with the aim of making the races even more exciting than last season.
There will be more than enough excitement this season, we don't need those boring Sprint race weekends for that.
We can disagree on this, but I absolutely loved the sprint weekend. I am more excited for the 6 weekends where there is sprint (unless it fails to materialize). It's more fun than a boring friday that no one cares. Where did you get that 7% from? I haven't seen any authentic, published report about a survey outcome from FOM.
I have seen it reported that the sprints were dull and added nothing to a race weekend (normally with a caveat that Brazil was okay); however, I think that it had an impact each weekend it was done.
Silverstone - I don’t honestly think that Lewis would have made THAT move without the lessons of the sprint qualifying on the Saturday (once Max got his tyres into the window he was gone!!)
Monza - it did shake up the grid, which ended up having an impact (pun intended) during the race.
Brazil - it MADE the race!!!

Wouldn’t want to see it at every round though.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Ryar

Re: 2022 F1 Race Calendar

Stu wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 19:45
Ryar wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 12:07
Wouter wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 11:52

Not giving a proper chance is an absolute shame? ?

They had that chance in 2021 and it turned out that it was only appreciated by 7% of the viewers.
Plus, we've never had so much excitement in a season. Those sprint race weekends were completely unnecessary.
In addition, everyone has to design a new car with the aim of making the races even more exciting than last season.
There will be more than enough excitement this season, we don't need those boring Sprint race weekends for that.
We can disagree on this, but I absolutely loved the sprint weekend. I am more excited for the 6 weekends where there is sprint (unless it fails to materialize). It's more fun than a boring friday that no one cares. Where did you get that 7% from? I haven't seen any authentic, published report about a survey outcome from FOM.
I have seen it reported that the sprints were dull and added nothing to a race weekend (normally with a caveat that Brazil was okay); however, I think that it had an impact each weekend it was done.
Silverstone - I don’t honestly think that Lewis would have made THAT move without the lessons of the sprint qualifying on the Saturday (once Max got his tyres into the window he was gone!!)
Monza - it did shake up the grid, which ended up having an impact (pun intended) during the race.
Brazil - it MADE the race!!!

Wouldn’t want to see it at every round though.
It's more harm if done on circuits that doesn't offer overtaking opportunities. So from that perspective, it makes sense to restrict it to circuits that offer good racing. So yeah, I am sure no one likes it in every race.
Hakuna Matata!