More Moderators Please

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
hollus

Re: More Moderators Please

The Fog of War at goes both ways as well.

True.
Rivals, not enemies.

TimW

dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 01:18
...homophonic content...
Typo? Or actually meant to describe the current race thread repeating itself over and over again? :D

dans79

TimW wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 09:24
dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 01:18
...homophonic content...
Typo? Or actually meant to describe the current race thread repeating itself over and over again? :D
typo, as i was on my phone when I wrote that, and the "keyboard" is to small. The last phone i really really like flipped open and actually had keys! :lol:
197 104 103 7

Just_a_fan

Interesting to see that invective filled rants are deleted unless they are against a certain driver in which case they are left up by the mods as "balance".

A long standing user posts his thoughts on leaving the forum and it's deleted in minutes (sorry, a few hours) because it's not shining a golden light on the forum - unlucky for the mods that screen grabs were taken by various people so those that didn't see it first hand could still read it.

I'm increasingly coming to the view that he was correct about the direction the forum is proceeding, but I'll continue to try to post reasonable content in the hope that it might dilute some of the awful stuff that is apparently ok in some cases.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SiLo

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 11:08
Interesting to see that invective filled rants are deleted unless they are against a certain driver in which case they are left up by the mods as "balance".

A long standing user posts his thoughts on leaving the forum and it's deleted in minutes (sorry, a few hours) because it's not shining a golden light on the forum - unlucky for the mods that screen grabs were taken by various people so those that didn't see it first hand could still read it.

I'm increasingly coming to the view that he was correct about the direction the forum is proceeding, but I'll continue to try to post reasonable content in the hope that it might dilute some of the awful stuff that is apparently ok in some cases.
I always appreciate your content, so please do. Happy to have it posted in specific threads away from the problem posts. It seems ones that are specifically for technical content have a much better reception.
Felipe Baby!

Manoah2u

this board doesn't need more moderators,

this board needs to dump the trash dictatorial moderators that are running their reign to compensate their incapability, and their obvious bias and non-objective behaviour. they have trashed this board and continue to do so. a prime example was the 'merc without hamilton' thread that was a clear hit and free reign to spew against Hamilton, but no criticism was accepted, yet when a topic about Verstappen appeared it was IMMEDIATELY closed so nobody can talk bad about their god.

many evidence of this when reporting topics - as asked by the mods - that are 100% breach of board rules and a part of the problem, then get the update that it has been reviewed, but it still exists and nothing is done with it, but other posts that are honest and within acceptance and nothing wrong get censored, removed, and as such, dictatored.

this board is a 'glory max board' now, and all thanks to unobjective mods that have free reign.

it looks like a board ran by 12 year olds.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

prime example,

look at this gem of a board member

Lewis S.U.X

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=44111

but keep censoring the board regarding the god #33, mods, keep censoring the board
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

dans79

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 18:15
prime example,

Lewis S.U.X

but keep censoring the board regarding the god #33, mods, keep censoring the board

it's for sure very questionable, since the account was created roughly an hour after the race!
Last active:Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:17 am
197 104 103 7

El Scorchio

dans79 wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 18:21
Manoah2u wrote:
prime example,

Lewis S.U.X

it's for sure very questionable, since the account was created roughly an hour after the race!
That's just beyond ridiculous, isn't it.

FWIW, it's a great shame a valued long term contributor like M2U feels this way and doesn't feel like they can post here any more.

Manoah2u

dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
prime example,

Lewis S.U.X

again, obvious bias by the mods. if i can see him, they can see him.
what more proof do people need.

this board needs to have a total overhaul of the mods, but that won't happen.
this board is going to end up like the 'comment section' of gptoday and dumpert.

members over substance.

it's like turning a car-specific tech board into a full blown gossip board because that gets more members,
and they should be given a platform too, at the cost of what the board was and should be.
dumbest and most retarded philospophy ever.

Manoah2u

El Scorchio wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 18:24
dans79 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
prime example,

Lewis S.U.X

That's just beyond ridiculous, isn't it.

FWIW, it's a great shame a valued long term contributor like M2U feels this way and doesn't feel like they can post here any more.
not just that, i got banned for adressing the mods, conveniantly a ban untill the 14th, after the final race. dictatorship 101. i mailed the forum then demanding an explenation, got a reply of steven after a few weeks to which i never gotten a mail back.

but dual accounts remain free reign. i would even suspect certain mods themselves to have double accounts.

hollus

conveniantly a ban untill the 14th, after the final race
For the record, you got a 1month ban. Exactly standard fare after a third warning in a short period.
Rivals, not enemies.

Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 18:01
this board doesn't need more moderators,

this board needs to dump the trash dictatorial moderators that are running their reign to compensate their incapability, and their obvious bias and non-objective behaviour. they have trashed this board and continue to do so. a prime example was the 'merc without hamilton' thread that was a clear hit and free reign to spew against Hamilton, but no criticism was accepted, yet when a topic about Verstappen appeared it was IMMEDIATELY closed so nobody can talk bad about their god.

many evidence of this when reporting topics - as asked by the mods - that are 100% breach of board rules and a part of the problem, then get the update that it has been reviewed, but it still exists and nothing is done with it, but other posts that are honest and within acceptance and nothing wrong get censored, removed, and as such, dictatored.

this board is a 'glory max board' now, and all thanks to unobjective mods that have free reign.

it looks like a board ran by 12 year olds.
I'd give this an upvote if voting was denied on this thread.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Manoah2u

hollus wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 20:07
conveniantly a ban untill the 14th, after the final race
For the record, you got a 1month ban. Exactly standard fare after a third warning in a short period.
and, is there a reply coming to the REST of my posts here, INCLUDING the existance of a 'Hamilton SUX' account?
or do you believe that the above reply is sufficient and rightfully and honestly covers the real matter at hand here?
and that all other things - mentioned by a variety of other concerned and 'victimized' long-time members - conveniantly can be ignored and that ignoring would make it non-existant?

i mean i think my priority would lie in adressing obvious troll acounts and showing appropriate action here.
or, is this another case of 'oh, it's anti-Hamilton', 'let them race' let it be free.

I question how swift action would be taken if there was an account named 'Max S.U.X.'

Or will this be translated then into 'puking' on the board? :wink: as if the puke is coming from me?

i am also curious how long it will take before the above posts will get moderated/censored/stealth deleted.
recent actions have shown that it will, including criticism in the race thread.

Wouter

Over the past 15-20 years, I have been active on various worldwide forums, including non-F1 related forums.
There was no mention of the moderators at all, let alone any criticism of the moderators!
If someone did it once, that post was removed, because one should PM a moderator if you don't like something.

I myself have occasionally been a bit "angry" with a moderator and then I sent a PM to discuss it together, without the interference of the other members.
What I read about criticism here goes beyond all limits. It's always the same people who do that, probably in the hopes that their fellow fans will join in and start posting too, which is indeed happening here. "Together we are stronger."
Always the same people here complaining and whining. Why not just PM the moderators what's bothering you?
The Power of Dreams!