2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
101FlyingDutchman

Re: 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

f1jcw wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 00:57
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:23
f1jcw wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:09

Well Max is going to defend the person that all but gifted him a WDC.
Dude. Just no. Take your salt elsewhere
It’s not salt when it’s factual.
but trolling posts by Ryar are fine?
What has Ryar got to do with any of the above exchange? Like I said, take the salt and pour it elsewhere. Dee wrote a good post on why he agreed with much that was said by Max, if doesn’t need responding too with a cheap dig which you know it is

f1jcw

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 09:32
f1jcw wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:23

Dude. Just no. Take your salt elsewhere
What has Ryar got to do with any of the above exchange? Like I said, take the salt and pour it elsewhere. Dee wrote a good post on why he agreed with much that was said by Max, if doesn’t need responding too with a cheap dig which you know it is
You might not like to hear it, and you are now being salty, but Max is going to support the race controller that that broke long standing regulations that enabled him to win the WDC, what do you expect him to say, that Massi deserved to be sacked over a mistake that gave me the WDC?

No cheap dig, just pure fact and human nature.

101FlyingDutchman

f1jcw wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 11:09
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

You might not like to hear it, and you are now being salty, but Max is going to support the race controller that that broke long standing regulations that enabled him to win the WDC, what do you expect him to say, that Massi deserved to be sacked over a mistake that gave me the WDC?

No cheap dig, just pure fact and human nature. If you don't like that, too bad.
So what has Ryar got to do with the above exchange? And in what way are you now suggesting I’m being salty?
I’m trying to keep a conversation on an even keel whilst you try and cheapen it with what you know is going to upset the hen house.

Anyway, you do you. Not going to waste my time on something that’s been done to death.

Fwiw I agree with max (barring the decisions made in the final race), Masi never really got the support structure that should have been implemented when he took over after Charlies death. Big boots to fill
Last edited by 101FlyingDutchman on 25 Feb 2022, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

f1jcw

Oleo wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 07:34
f1jcw wrote:
Dee wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 21:32
Max was exceptionally eloquent in that press conference, as he normally is

* Said that Masi should have been left in peace to be able to make a good decision on his own (correct)

* Said that it was wrong for the FIA to allow such contact between teams and Masi all year (correct)

* Says that Charlies died suddenly (a veteren with a lot of experience) and the new director (Masi) should have been given more support (correct)

* Says he shouldn't have been fired and been allowed to be co-race director this year. As Max had to learn from his first year, so should Masi

I'm 50/50 on the last one as I am glad that Masi is gone, his name is too tainted now but cannot but agree with everything that Max said here
Nah I dont see Verstappen going to defend Hamilton. :wink: (baku gift was way more relevant, (and monaco and imola and hungary and... )
You don't see the different between a rival driver and a supposed independent official breaking their own rules that govern how drivers partake.

AeroDynamic

f1jcw wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

I'd like to also point out that Max did not express favour of stewarding under Michael for much of the latter part of the season. Especially again after Brazil.

So for me, certain drivers and friends are pulling out the violin because its associated with Max's title triumph and not really about Michael. Imagine if Max got the short end of the stick in that situation. Does anyone believe Max and Alonso would be singing the same tune? I doubt they would be opposed to new race directors.

f1jcw

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 11:12
f1jcw wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

So what has Ryar got to do with the above exchange?
Pointing out the hypocrisy of people getting upset with a factual post whilst ignoring a self admitted trolling post.

f1jcw

AeroDynamic wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 11:14
f1jcw wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

I'd like to also point out that Max did not express favour of stewarding under Michael for much of the latter part of the season. Especially again after Brazil.

So for me, certain drivers and friends are pulling out the violin because its associated with Max's title triumph and not really about Michael. Imagine if Max got the short end of the stick in that situation. Does anyone believe Max and Alonso would be singing the same tune? I doubt they would be opposed to new race directors.
I agree.
and the same with Hamilton, if it had happened the otherway round, lets be honest here
I'd be the same.

DChemTech

f1jcw wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 11:13
Oleo wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

Nah I dont see Verstappen going to defend Hamilton. :wink: (baku gift was way more relevant, (and monaco and imola and hungary and... )
You don't see the different between a rival driver and a supposed independent official breaking their own rules that govern how drivers partake.
What I don't see is why Max has to be 'attacked' here to begin with. As Dee mentions, he basically said all the right things. Max implicitly acknowledges that the decision is controversial, but also notes we should consider the extra-ordinary circumstances under which Masi was promoted to race director, which is a fair point. Max is not saying that this validates Masi's decisions in any way - he defends the person to some extend, not the decision.
Max acknowledges that contact between teams and the RD is undesirable (which I think we universally agree on). So why then chip in a spiteful comment towards Max? What is he doing wrong here?

BTW Since you insist, Ryar has been called out on his more outrageous posts by RB fans, myself included. I would hope the same is done towards the more outrageous comments by MB fans.

f1jcw

DChemTech wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 11:23
f1jcw wrote:
Oleo wrote:

What I don't see is why Max has to be 'attacked' here to begin with. As Dee mentions, he basically said all the right things. Max implicitly acknowledges that the decision is controversial, but also notes we should consider the extra-ordinary circumstances under which Masi was promoted to race director, which is a fair point. Max is not saying that this validates Masi's decisions in any way - he defends the person to some extend, not the decision.
Max acknowledges that contact between teams and the RD is undesirable (which I think we universally agree on). So why then chip in a spiteful comment towards Max? What is he doing wrong here?

BTW Since you insist, Ryar has been called out on his more outrageous posts by RB fans, myself included. I would hope the same is done towards the more outrageous comments by MB fans.
You find the statement, that Max is not going to call out the official that enabled him to win WDC as outrageous?

What exactly do you find outrageous about it. You think this is an "attack on max"

DChemTech

f1jcw wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 11:27

You find the statement, that Max is not going to call out the official that enabled him to win WDC as outrageous?

What exactly do you find outrageous about it. You think this is an "attack on max"
Yes, I do find the exact statement "Well Max is going to defend the person that all but gifted him a WDC." an attack on Max. A completely unnecessary cynical response to someone that makes a perfectly reasonable, humane statement.

Oleo

f1jcw wrote:
Oleo wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

I definately see the difference, but would argue that the bolded part if fictional.
Your interpretation of events is just that, an interpretation, but that has been discussed to death, so lets not repeat ;)
You do agree that a few unforced errors did cost Hamilton the championship as well/essentially gifting the championship?

Mchamilton

It must be about time this thread got clossd down. Boring.

Just_a_fan

Mchamilton wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 13:19
It must be about time this thread got clossd down. Boring.
Simple solution to finding a thread boring: don't read it. :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ringo

Thread must remain open till april. the report is coming March 18. We will need another 50 pages to discuss that.
As for Max, I agree he will not throw Masi under the bus. Masi could retaliate if Horner or Max double cross him after what he did for them.

Spa free points, Brasil, Saudia Arabia red flag, brake testing, Abu Dhabi sc. Big Big examples of Masi's decisions helping them throughout the season.

And to hear the anti mercedes conspiracies is quite funny. But i guess people see what they want to see. :D
For Sure!!