2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

Re: 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

Idk who voted this guy to Driver of the day...
He is referring exactly to this in his latest Instagram post and probably feeling he did nothing wrong.
I will buy a Bose headset for the weekend 😬

Wouter

This new race thread is only half a day old and all it is talking about is
that dirty Max is definitely going to crash Lewis out of the race!
The "2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05" thread is even worse!
This is really not normal anymore. You don't see that on any forum, so toxic, yuck!
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

I'm not sure we need such strong reactions, but sadly yes, due to multiple events in Jeddah, people are clearly somewhat concerned about how this race may pan out and how drivers may react to the circumstances. It's probably not comfortable for some forum members to read, but it probably is a valid topic of discussion in the context of the race and isn't really something that can be ignored ahead of the race.

My hope is that everyone keeps their cool and we see a clean and respectful race with both Verstappen and Hamilton completing the full distance without incident.

langedweil

This fierce british bias is almost laughable, and it's only Tuesday ..
I feel thou shallt not worry though, as the product of this year was already decided before the season even started, the 8th of the so called 'goat'.
That's the storyline that fits best the show these times. Because that's what it is, a show, a dressup, a play about entitlement if you will .. it has little to do with racing.
But it's sure funny to see so many ppl distressed .. lighten up lads !
HuggaWugga !

FWandE
FWandE

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 13:21
This is really not normal anymore. You don't see that on any forum, so toxic, yuck!
I don't think most people are saying it will definitely happen but the evidence of the last three races is undeniable. Max and RedBull know that a DNF for Lewis guarantees the title for Max even if Max also has a DNF so if Lewis needs to pass Max to win and looks like he will Max is going to make it as difficult as possible (nothing wrong with that) including causing a collision with reckless driving (that is the problem).

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 13:21
The problem is that Hamilton is being very impolite and driving as if attempting to deny Verstappen the title! :wink: Wolff and Hamilton just don't seem to have Horner and Verstappen's best interests at heart (vice versa too of course).

I'm sure Verstappen would prefer to have a much faster car that could pull away easily, so attack and defence on or over the limit would not be required, but rather an easy DRS drive by!

El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 14:07
My hope is that everyone keeps their cool and we see a clean and respectful race with both Verstappen and Hamilton completing the full distance without incident.
Yes, hopefully RBR have a clearly faster car and can take a 1-2 without incident and with a large margin. =D>

Desperate tactics will only occur if the RBR is, sadly, too slow. :wtf:

Folks seem to ignore the only reason Verstappen was passing and driving over the limit is because the RBR was too darn slow. A 1s/lap advantage in Jeddah would've made victory a trivial matter for the Red Bull driver. :)

langedweil wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 14:30
Last chance for Honda to win the driver's championship in an official capacity, with the relative laps led the WDC should already be secured for Verstappen and Red Bull - Honda...

It is bizarre that it is not. Despite suggestions of clean racing, Mercedes have hardly ensured a season "without incident" either, and have seemingly cost RBR a number of points.

FWandE wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 12:50
I want the fastest driver/car combination to win FAIR & SQUARE. I am almost certain I will be disappointed.
But the Mercedes is the faster car now, even though the Red Bull was the better car overall and should have already won the WDC title. :wtf:

A Mercedes WDC win would hardly be the correct result given the relative laps led.

Your suggestion is essentially that Verstappen should just concede and not even try? :?:

Jambier

MtthsMlw wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 20:49
ICYMI this is how the layout changed https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.jpg
This is making it an even more "power limited" track isn't it ?

Without crash Mercedes will easily do a 1-2 and having VER finish 30sec behind

Jolle
Jolle

Small prediction.

Verstappen and Hamilton are going to Q on mediums, while Perez and Bottas going for soft. Both support drivers are going to be slightly under fuelled (but not so much it raises to many eyebrows, the stewards have all that data of course). Both are also going to run the highest PU setting to bring them at least half distance.

For the race: Bottas and Perez will try to get in front of their rivals lead driver, annoying them at least. As they pit (sooner then Hamilton/Verstappen) they will hang around on new mediums just before the place where their rival would come on track after their pitstop.

Both Bottas and Perez retire in te pit around ¾ of the race with “technical issues” aka ran out of fuel.

Wouter

langedweil wrote:
I feel thou shallt not worry though, as the product of this year was already decided before the season even started, the 8th of the so called 'goat'.
That's the storyline that fits best the show these times. Because that's what it is, a show, a dressup, a play about entitlement if you will .. it has little to do with racing.
Spot on!
The Power of Dreams!

Incognito
Incognito

God, the mess F1 has become. It desperately, desperately needs a clean race with some quality wheel-to-wheel racing.

And on that topic, do we think Norris can catch Leclerc for the lead of the 'No Red Bull/Mercedes' championship win?

mclaren111

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:23
langedweil wrote:
Spot on!

I just read this, one of many the same posts, not English of course.

I sincerely believe that the decisions of the FiA these last races are due to the fact that for Liberty Media
and F1 as a brand / show / event the best possible scenario is that Max and Lewis arrive at the last race
with the same points and be at all or nothing in abu dhabi

The Unbelievable stuff LH gets away with... :wtf:

xaero
xaero

Wouter wrote:
langedweil wrote:
Spot on!

I sincerely believe that the decisions of the FiA these last races are due to the fact that for Liberty Media
and F1 as a brand / show / event the best possible scenario is that Max and Lewis arrive at the last race
Why do you feel that only English support Lewis?
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Jolle
Jolle

Yes, it’s all one big conspiracy, Hamilton drove into the back of Verstappen and Verstappen didn’t brake. Vitantonio Liuzzi, former RedBull driver and current Alpha Tauri Sim driver has been instructed to protect Hamilton and try to stop Verstappen. It’s so unlucky that in Brazil, where he was also one of the stewards, nobody would listen to him to penalise Hamilton to drive off track while Verstappen was just racing. Luckily we have good YouTube videos that will make actual data look foolish.

xaero
xaero

mclaren111 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:44
Wouter wrote:
langedweil wrote:
Spot on!

The Unbelievable stuff LH gets away with... :wtf:
:lol: There is nothing unbelievable here. Just that apologists are having a field day.

xaero
xaero

Jolle wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 16:09
Yes, it’s all one big conspiracy, Hamilton drove into the back of Verstappen and Verstappen didn’t brake. Vitantonio Liuzzi, former RedBull driver and current Alpha Tauri Sim driver has been instructed to protect Hamilton and try to stop Verstappen. It’s so unlucky that in Brazil, where he was also one of the stewards, nobody would listen to him to penalise Hamilton to drive off track while Verstappen was just racing. Luckily we have good YouTube videos that will make actual data look foolish.
And very reliable twitter post in *other* language :mrgreen: