2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

Re: 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

Helmut Marko said that Max drove incredibly and there is no reason to change his mindset. And regarding the Situation at restart where Max divebombed Hamilton and Ocon Marko said that we should not forget what happened in Silverstone and Budapest.

Budapest? What? So Max is in a revenge mission. Obviously discussed internally.

dans79

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 13:21
This new race thread is only half a day old and all it is talking about is
that dirty Max is definitely going to crash Lewis out of the race!
The "2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05" thread is even worse!
This is really not normal anymore. You don't see that on any forum, so toxic, yuck!
Given his antics in Brazil, and in Saudi, It sure seems like he considers it a viable option!
197 104 103 7

Big Tea

Yip, the common sense race would be for Hamilton to run away from the front and hide. The danger would then come if a SC or red bunch theh field again and Max is leading the line behind Lewis. It will be a race for Bottas to earn his corn again
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

djones
djones

It would be quite hard to do, but I wonder if Mercedes would be best letting Max get pole.

This would somewhat mitigate the first lap DNF lunge from Max that would just go down as a racing incident.

That then gives the entire race to beat him in a safer place or through the pit stops. I highly suspect the race pace of the Mercedes is going to be pretty incredible with the track changes and recent form.

InsaneX_Badger

djones wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:05
It would be quite hard to do, but I wonder if Mercedes would be best letting Max get pole.

This would somewhat mitigate the first lap DNF lunge from Max that would just go down as a racing incident.

That then gives the entire race to beat him in a safer place or through the pit stops. I highly suspect the race pace of the Mercedes is going to be pretty incredible with the track changes and recent form.
The only way this would work is if Merc have an absolutely massive race pace advantage.

max_speed
max_speed

Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen. Looks like they forgot hamilton's antics in silverstone and Bottas bowling attempt. As famous philospher Fernando Alonso said, karma is bitch. I just wish luck evens out.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

With the track layout changes should we expect Merc to play a bit more with their rear end trick ?

dans79

max_speed wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:29
Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen. Looks like they forgot hamilton's antics in silverstone
You mean where he had the inside line to the turn, and the driver on the outside turned in on him hoping he would jump out of the way, and just wasn't able to get out of it quick enough? I think a lot of people remember that.

Not to mention and all the fake new and strait up factually incorrect garbage posted about it. for example the constant claim he didn't make the turn even though video evidence clearly shows he did in spite of heavy contact (that would have substantially unsettled the car aerodynamically and mechanically)!
197 104 103 7

max_speed
max_speed

dans79 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:41
max_speed wrote:
Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen. Looks like they forgot hamilton's antics in silverstone
You mean where he had the inside line to the turn, and the driver on the outside turned in on him hoping he would jump out of the way, and just wasn't able to get out of it quick enough? I think a lot of people remember that.

Not to mention and all the fake new and strait up factually incorrect garbage posted about it. for example the constant claim he didn't make the turn even though video evidence clearly shows he did in spite of heavy contact (that would have substantially unsettled the car aerodynamically and mechanically)!
I am hoping for an outcome that will make sure luck evens out over a period. I am not interested in individual driver's Intentions and fans justifications. If we include Baku as well Verstappen had more bad luck than Hamilton. Hope luck strikes and spoils the party of liberty media's well planned , executed drama.

dans79

max_speed wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:46
dans79 wrote:
max_speed wrote:

I am hoping for an outcome that will make sure luck evens out over a period. I am not interested in individual driver's Intentions and fans justifications. If we include Baku as well Verstappen had more bad luck than Hamilton. Hope luck strikes and spoils the party of liberty media's well planned , executed drama.
You mention luck, and karma, have you considered that Max's "bad luck" is karma for his many indiscretions across the course of his career?
197 104 103 7

WaikeCU

max_speed wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:46
dans79 wrote:
max_speed wrote:

You think so? How it's been played, it's you get to play the cards you're dealt with by the FIA whether you like it or not imo. I felt like that especially considering now they go in the Final round on equal points. It's like the FIA shoves both team towards this finishing order.

If it happens again in Abu Dhabi, then I think FIA is biased.

xaero
xaero

max_speed wrote:
Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen. Looks like they forgot hamilton's antics in silverstone and Bottas bowling attempt. As famous philospher Fernando Alonso said, karma is bitch. I just wish luck evens out.
Repeating the same lie will not change the fact that it was pure racing incident and happened because HAM being fed up with VES's antics. Go and watch that race again from beginning to understand how not to bully someone all the time assuming he will always yield. Ves got taste of his own medicine but in a way milder and legitimate form.
Last edited by xaero on 07 Dec 2021, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

subcritical71

dans79 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:51
You mention luck, and karma, have you considered that Max's "bad luck" is karma for his many indiscretions across the course of his career?
Kinda like when someone says 'god was looking over them' when someone is saved from a situation, but then wasn't it 'god' who put them in that situation!

djones
djones

max_speed wrote:
Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen
The crazy thing about this is it's not even the Merc or Lewis fans. Other than a few die-hard Max fans who are not willing to look at things objectively, pretty much the entire F1 fan community has had enough of Max and expects to see him try to cause a DNF in the last race. Just like the one a few days ago.

Wouter

djones wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:04
max_speed wrote:
Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen
The crazy thing about this is it's not even the Merc or Lewis fans. Other than a few die-hard Max fans who are not willing to look at things objectively, pretty much the entire F1 fan community has had enough of Max and expects to see him try to cause a DNF in the last race. Just like the one a few days ago.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o
The Power of Dreams!