Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f1316
f1316

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

Fer.Fan wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 17:37
F1NAC wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 17:14
Nailed livery... Expected maybe a bit more on the packaging of the sidepods. Definitely need to see from more angles.
I agree, compared to Aston Martin sidepods packaging looks big. Even Alfa c42 have bigger undercut. :-k
I don’t think the sidepods extend nearly so far forward as the AM (or some of the other cars) and the furthest forward component appears to be some kind of bodywork that’s not park of the main sidepod itself (more similar to the concept Ferrari pioneered in 2017). I think this has freed up a lot of real estate at the front.

Neuron
Neuron

I thought using mirrors for aero was not allowed (?)

Kalsi
Kalsi

AeroDynamic wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 17:32
Ryar wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 17:30
The mirrors are mounted on sidepods.

with the opening 'inlet' like slot beneath the mirror, seems like they'll use that to create a potential vortices into the downward slope feature on the top of the side pod?

yeah... it looks to me like the sidepod top is U shaped for all its lenght like the mclaren mp4-26 from 2011

it just has a different sidepod inlet... and the mirror loks to have something to do with that... like in the 2017 car.... this would also explain why in the lower part the sidepod are so large.
And with that "New barge board" area now sucking a lot more air under the floor it could be they somehow think its less useful to have a big undercut and went the "make the top sidepod work more" way.
Last edited by Kalsi on 16 Feb 2022, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

f1316
f1316

Definitely think the main plain is detached from the nose and there’s a big spoon in the centre of the FW.

NtsParadize
NtsParadize

Outboard mirrors are back

Sevach
Sevach

Kalsi wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 17:52
AeroDynamic wrote:
Ryar wrote:

with the opening 'inlet' like slot beneath the mirror, seems like they'll use that to create a potential vortices into the downward slope feature on the top of the side pod?

yeah... it looks to me like the sidepod top is U shaped for all its lenght like the mclaren mp4-26 from 2011
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 0224090235

it just has a different sidepod inlet... and the mirror loks to have something to do with that... like in the 2017 car.... this would also explain why in the lower part the sidepod are so large
It has similarities, but more "slope with a fence", and with this fence and the engine bay they create a route for the air.

Ryar

f1316 wrote:
Definitely think the main plain is detached from the nose and there’s a big spoon in the centre of the FW.
Spoon or an arch on the main plan, below the nose line? More like this...

[Edit]The main plane is attached to nose in this car, but F1-75 doesn't. Ignore that part for reference.

Hakuna Matata!

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

Kalsi wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:
Ryar wrote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 0224090235

it just has a different sidepod inlet... and the mirror loks to have something to do with that... like in the 2017 car.... this would also explain why in the lower part the sidepod are so large.
And with that "New barge board" area now sucking a lot more air under the floor it could be they somehow think its less useful to have a big undercut and went the "make the top sidepod work more" way.
U shape of sidepods is claver way to feed more airflow to rearwing.

timbo
timbo

This is very strange if true. I don't remember seeing a flat vertical side profile on the sidepods since McLaren MP4-26.

Manfer
Manfer

There are two fins on the halo & two on the side of "AWS" logo

LM10
LM10

F1NAC wrote:
Nailed livery... Expected maybe a bit more on the packaging of the sidepods. Definitely need to see from more angles.
If you mean you were expecting tighter sidepods - I think that we should abandon the habit of automatically thinking of "the tighter the sidepods and larger the undercut, the faster the car". This was somewhat true in the past, but might not necessarily be from now on.

Considering that most cars we've seen so far have bulkier sidepods, there is a decent possibility that this could be the way to go. Since with bargeboards a critical area for outwash is banned now, there is not much left for teams to do other than using the sidepod shaping for creating outwash.

Jolle
Jolle

This car looks like design and livery what you’ve got when you asked someone during the 1992 season how a F1 Ferrari looks like in 30 years.
Good to see with Marlboro out of the way that they return to the right shade of red and black wings.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

LM10 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 18:38
F1NAC wrote:
If you mean you were expecting tighter sidepods - I think that we should abandon the habit of automatically thinking of "the tighter the sidepods and larger the undercut, the faster the car". This was somewhat true in the past, but might not necessarily be from now on.

Considering that most cars we've seen so far have bulkier sidepods, there is a decent possibility that this could be the way to go. Since with bargeboards a critical area for outwash is banned now, there is not much left for teams to do other than using the sidepod shaping for creating outwash.
Although the team with probably the most wind tunnel/CFD time has the tightest sidepods of all the cars we've seen so far.

LM10
LM10

morefirejules08 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 18:44
LM10 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:

Although the team with probably the most wind tunnel/CFD time has the tightest sidepods of all the cars we've seen so far.
And it's pretty much the only car which went for a "tight sidepods at all costs" concept. If most wind tunnel/CFD was the only factor which mattered, we could already name the world championship order.

JPower
JPower

LM10 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:

Agreed. Williams could've possibly come up with a championship-level idea with their tiny sidepods but I wouldn't bet money on it.