Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JPBD1990

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

JPBD1990 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 00:18
is it possible the concave surface on top of the sidepods, where the louvres are, serves to create a vortex and power up the beam wing? Kyle.engineers (and others) have talked about how useful the beam wing is in ensuring the diffuser is working effectively.

Also, given the louvres are all placed in that concave looking space, would a vortex being generated in that region have enough energy to spool up the warm air being rejected from the engine? This could both tidy up that airflow, and indeed energise it
Kyle.engineers talks in this video about how my theory is wrong. I wonder if the sculpted shape of the sidepods would allow for suction to speed up the airflow across the louvres and clean up that airflow?

Or, as someone already commented, maybe this car is a fake

ryaan2904

CriXus wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:23
High-res AI upscale.

https://i.redd.it/dblk264ji8i81.jpg
Guys I think the whole point of the sidepod design could be to mange the dirty air from the vents. In an analysis video, scarbs said that the coke bottle cooling solution won't be the best choice anymore because you're dumping all the dirty air onto the beam wing, compromising it.

He also talked about the Haas sidepods, where they could be trying to use the sidepods to manage the front tyre wake since the barge-boards are gone now. If we look at the ferrari design, the sidepods initially look as if they're designed for an undercut. But I think what they're trying to do is create an outwash effect for the front-tyre wake.

CFD Eyes of Sauron

FittingMechanics

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 23:41
I Nnotice that this side pod has a "shelf" shape like the Aston Martin. So some sort of coanda effect could be going on here on it's traling edge.

As I was pondering before on the Aston, the benefits of using the fully allowed surface for cooling slats seems to be much greater than the low volume of a small tapered side pod.

This amount of hot air could be directed to where it can be huge benefit (and not a detriment). Without any real evidence, I say the diffuser is an intuitive location.

Yes, it's nothing compared to the exhaust blown coanda exhausts of 2012 but it should be enough to add some decent energy.

Why I don't think using a ramp style side pod is better to get the hot air down to corner of the diffuser, is because these side pods simply fall out of the legality zone for the cooling slats. The result is you would get air down there, but not hot air. On the other hand these shelf-style side pods uppoer surface lie in a way so that you can have the full amount of slats and maximum hot air to use to influence the aero.
Air that passed through coolers is slow and not suited for this. Teams want to throw it away without affecting aero surfaces. This is why some teams have a "cannon cooling exhaust" under the rear wing.

sunny1304r

Ferreri F1-75 Launch:

RZS10

Huh Image

Marc.W

Ringleheim wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 03:48
The video showing the 2 drivers' reactions to the car is REAL. That was a teaser video shot by Ferrari and probably intended to be leaked, without showing what the guys are looking at.

The car at the end is just fake, spliced onto the Ferrari video.

You'll see tomorrow when its released. I am enjoying all the "analysis" though.

LMFAO
You were saying? :lol: :lol:

LM10

NathanOlder

Marc.W wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 15:06
Ringleheim wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 03:48
The video showing the 2 drivers' reactions to the car is REAL. That was a teaser video shot by Ferrari and probably intended to be leaked, without showing what the guys are looking at.

The car at the end is just fake, spliced onto the Ferrari video.

You'll see tomorrow when its released. I am enjoying all the "analysis" though.

LMFAO
You were saying? :lol: :lol:
Errrr LMFAO #-o
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Thunder

Ok closing down here, please continue in the Car Thread.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum