Red Bull RB18 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
RZS10

Re: Red Bull RB18 Speculation Thread

Most of the things that appear weird will most likely just be image artifacts

Largeman
Largeman

continuum16 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 23:23
https://i.imgur.com/JwE5XXD.jpg

Are those front wing end plates… rectangular?

God we need a clearer picture lol
https://imgur.com/a/5PBSMbU
Looks like their sidepods might be slightly more slab sided, a bit like the ferraris ones

wogx

Short rear wing?

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Pandamasque

So disappointed. I was kinda hoping RB18 would surprise everyone by being an exact copy of the FOM model, only heavier :mrgreen:

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

godlameroso wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 20:23
Slo Poke wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 17:45
Rikhart wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 16:49
Not wishing to continue with off-topic, but how can anyone be fooled by that photo, just look at the very basic grass 3d model below...
My only excuse Rikhart is wishful thinking. Personally I consider the 2022 cars to be insanely ugly, illogical, dysfunctional and anything else you can think of, to throw at them! The fool things are nothing short of an insult to what formula one teams and their car designers have been producing for decades and on which rests the culminated excitement of last year’s racing. All of which is about to be basically binned because of one very stupid person’s ridiculously stupid effort to improve overtaking. If the car behind is having trouble maintaining front downforce improve the downforce of that car, for instance, all cars! Simply put the front wings behind the front wheels adjustabley mounted on carbon fibre box beams attached mid-way between the front wheels. That, to me would make sense. Aesthetically, less debris, concentrated air off the inside front wheel on turn-in, improved ground effect control and something to latch a VG on.
I’m sixty seven years old and silly toys fail to attract my interest.
To me the new cars are just a series of tubes.

Godlameroso My Friend. I can’t make my mind up! Am I to be delighted or offended by your post?

gandharva

loyfah
loyfah

from r/formula1

DChemTech
DChemTech

There's really preciously little material to work with here :D Probably US spy sattelites have clearer images of the car on track, does anyone here have access to those?

RedNEO

This turned out to just be a video artifact it’s not actually shaped like that. Scarbs confirmed that shape isn’t there in other footage.

Bandit1216

looks like they saved money and just got the cape out of the bin, and put it on the back. Logical place for a cape imo.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

Bandit1216

DChemTech wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 10:47
There's really preciously little material to work with here :D Probably US spy sattelites have clearer images of the car on track, does anyone here have access to those?
Sure, but they are fixed on Ukraine at the moment
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

jagunx51

RedNEO wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 11:09
This turned out to just be a video artifact it’s not actually shaped like that. Scarbs confirmed that shape isn’t there in other footage.
I hope he is right
............!!!!

jagunx51

............!!!!

scheffers
scheffers

They really did a good job to keep this undercover. Still no serious pics.......

liamski
liamski

Mildly better image?

https://imgur.com/qkLPffR