2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AeroDynamic

Re: 2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

I haven't liked their liveries since day 1, never saw the fuss. The first one was alright. Second one was worse. Latest one is improvement but still not that great.

PlatinumZealot

Yeah, for fashion house their liveries might as well be called deaderies.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:52
I find the name confusing...🤔

How can you be called "Alpha" when you are the junior team?

Beta Tauri would be more accurate! 🤣🤣

nzjrs

PlatinumZealot wrote:
I think you should take a look actually at the alpha tauri fashion brand language first (eg actually look through the clothes they sell). It's very much about matte or greyed solids and off whites with crisp cuts. The car very much tracks the fashion so insofar as it represents the thing it is sponsored by, it does a great job for what a livery is supposed to do.

This is independent of whether you actually like the AT fashion style btw, I'm just saying the designers have executed on their mandate.

PlatinumZealot

nzjrs wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 16:11
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I think you should take a look actually at the alpha tauri fashion brand language first (eg actually look through the clothes they sell). It's very much about matte or greyed solids and off whites with crisp cuts. The car very much tracks the fashion so insofar as it represents the thing it is sponsored by, it does a great job for what a livery is supposed to do.

This is independent of whether you actually like the AT fashion style btw, I'm just saying the designers have executed on their mandate.
I have seen their fashion brand language and I am still disappointed. But it is what it is.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JPower

nzjrs wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Agreed. I like both their clothes and the livery. Just can't afford to buy the former and not talented enough to drive the latter. :lol:

nzjrs

JPower wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 19:02
nzjrs wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Agreed. I like both their clothes and the livery. Just can't afford to buy the former and not talented enough to drive the latter. :lol:
Ya, it is expensive!

Wouter

nzjrs wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

I agree, spot on!

Btw, I like their clothes and their livery very much, but oeff, so expensive!!
The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

RZS10 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 14:59
Wouldn't look that great though ...

Yes and no.

_cerber1 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 13:31
Livery as usual is awful! #-o
The livery looks great to me! Just needs the addition of white Type R wheels to set it off.

Nice to see AlphaTauri running not just a HRC decal but also a Honda Formula Dreams decal. Their website also defaulted to Japanese to me :lol: , Franz Tost understands the special relationship between Japan and Italy well (e.g., JAS Motorsport building all the Honda customer cars; Koken & Beta with a reciprocal tool arrangement for spanners and socket wrenches respectively).

nzjrs wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 14:29
Totally agree, it's beautiful again! Only shame is they didn't stick with the white wheels.
That can still be changed. 8)

Il riassunto:
Scuderia Alpha Tauri wrote: THE CONCEPT
It’s a case of revolution not evolution with the AT03 being Scuderia AlphaTauri’s first car to meet the very significant change to the technical regulations introduced for 2022. Our designers therefore started from a clean sheet of paper, working with rules that have simplified the aerodynamics, placing greater emphasis on the underside of the car, with a switch to larger low profile tyres. The only “carry over” from the 2021 car is the team’s ability to produce a competitive car.

THE CHASSIS
The chassis is the core element around which the entire AT03 is built, able to absorb more energy than before in front, rear and lateral impact tests. The 2022 design also requires the power unit to separate from the chassis in a crash without damaging the fuel cell. To further protect the driver in a frontal impact, the nose section is longer. All these changes have seen the car’s minimum weight increase by approximately 5% to 795 kilos.

AERODYNAMICS
This is the area where the biggest and most obvious changes can be seen, although the most important new element is actually hidden underneath the car! A ground effect floor features two tunnels so that a much greater percentage of a car’s downforce is generated from the underneath of the car. Among other 2022 rules, the front and rear wings are much simpler in design, with no rear wing endplates or bargeboards. Each team can interpret the rules as they wish, but within very strict templates for what is permissible. The aim? To make for closer racing!

THE TYRES
Another very visible change is the switch from the 13-inch wheels that have been the norm in F1 since the 1960s, to 18 inch wheelrims, with just one supplier – BBS Motorsport – for all ten teams. Aesthetically more pleasing and modern, the real function of the bigger low-profile Pirelli tyres is to make them less prone to overheating, so that the drivers can push harder for longer. However, they still have a performance drop-off to allow for interesting strategy choices. The compounds are also new this year, with Pirelli producing five different dry weather compounds of which three are chosen for each Grand Prix, along with two wet weather options.

THE POWER UNIT
Although Honda officially left the sport at the end of last season, the Japanese company continues to build and supply our PU through the newly-formed Red Bull Powertrain operation, run out of Milton Keynes, in the UK. The regulations regarding the power unit are essentially the same as last year. However, as the sport continues to head towards a greener future, the fuel used this year will have a higher 10% bio-component ratio, moving to “E10” fuel, now common for current road cars.
https://scuderia.alphatauri.com/en/at03/

Godius

What I don't understand is why they allow 1 specific sponsor to sport their orange colour X branding on an otherwise completely unstained blue/white livery (except for the Italian flag details).

RZS10

Interesting that they seemingly managed to do a shakedown without getting caught on camera by anyone ...

lio007

RZS10 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 21:37
Interesting that they seemingly managed to do a shakedown without getting caught on camera by anyone ...
Did they, really?

RZS10

Unless they just messed with everyone

lio007

RZS10 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 22:06

Unless they just messed with everyone
Ah interesting...thank you!
Both RedBull-Teams are very much under the radar so far, with real footage.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!