2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Great drive by Yuki. P7 was more than I expected for this weekend by far and while it came from some DNFs from others, it is good that he achieved the maximum result possible with the car especially from a poor starting position! Such an improvement from 2021

Wouter

organic wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 13:43
Great drive by Yuki. P7 was more than I expected for this weekend by far and while it came from some DNFs from others, it is good that he achieved the maximum result possible with the car especially from a poor starting position! Such an improvement from 2021
It was indeed a great drive by Yuki! =D>
The Power of Dreams!

hasika

organic wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 13:43
Yuki was a little bit struggle in wet condition,but his race pace was really really amazing with C3 tyre,especially at the end of the race,he was almost the fastest car in the track except Ferrari and Red Bull.

etusch

I hope he can keep this performance or step up from there. Then he can stay F1

Wouter

The activities before a race are back! Yuki vs Max in Swamp Buggies in The Everglades.

Edited 6-5.:

The Power of Dreams!

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Swed3120

Gasly just really isn’t that bright is he , the McLaren was pretty obvious and yet he still managed to drive into it. This is now the 6th or 7th time in the last year that he’s knocked his wing off

Wouter

ImageImageImage

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Looks like this ground affect cars suit better for Yuki. He is doing well and I think/hope he will get better.

Wouter

We are back on track this weekend, for the eighth round of the 2022 F1 season:
the Azerbaijan Grand Prix!

Pierre Gasly:
“I was really gutted with how Monaco turned out because we were very quick in all the free practice sessions and I felt very comfortable with the track. We’d managed to find a good car set-up for this unique circuit and then, in the one session where we really had to get everything right, we made mistakes that cost us dear, as Qualifying is the most important session of the weekend. We did not manage it well and then, starting from the back, it’s more or less mission impossible. But I was happy about the wet conditions, as that would give us more of a chance. I can be very happy with the race, taking risks, pitting on the first lap for Inters in low grip conditions, passing cars and putting on a show, so it was frustrating not be rewarded with at least a point. As a team we know we have work to do to perform at the highest level in the coming races. We know the performance level is there, so we are going to keep pushing even if we have lacked success so far, but there are signs that we still have plenty of chances to do something good, maybe starting this weekend in Baku.

I have a good feeling about this race, as the Baku track is made up of nothing but slow corners and we know that, so far this year, we seem to struggle more in high speed turns. So, I think the layout could potentially suit us. We mustn’t forget there’s that long main straight, so we will have to see how we deal with that. But overall, I’m reasonably optimistic we can perform well there. Last year we did really well here, as I finished on the podium in third place after qualifying fourth and it was an excellent race for the team as Yuki was also in the points in seventh. So, we come to Baku to “defend” that result. Getting a tow down that final long straight would be helpful for Qualifying, but apart from that, it’s another street circuit, very twisty and tight with characteristics similar to Monaco, which means mechanical grip has a greater importance than at other tracks. We had the speed in Monaco, let’s see if we have it here too.”

Yuki Tsunoda:
“Since the last race, I’ve spent some time in the factory and we had several meetings to analyse what happened in Monaco. We were consistently in the top ten during all free practice sessions, so we had high expectations going into Qualifying, thinking we would get both cars into Q3. Unfortunately, it turned out to be our poorest Qualifying of the year, made worse by the fact that my problem in Q1 affected Pierre’s performance too, although I’m not sure why the session was red flagged for such a small incident. But the bottom line is that you shouldn’t crash into the wall in Quali! As for the race the rain, which can sometimes help, did not work in my favour. Maybe next time.

Now we go to Baku, which was a really strong race for us last year. I qualified eighth and was P5 in the race until I lost a couple of places in the last moments after the red flag, which left a one lap race to the finish. There are not many downsides or parts I don’t like about Baku. I particularly enjoy sector 2, where it goes past the old buildings, and there are plenty of passing opportunities not just on the very long straight, so in general I like it. I hope we can have a clean race week in Azerbaijan and score some points. The team needs to have a strong weekend, putting everything together for the best possible result. We must not repeat what happened in Monaco.”
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

ATs were very good this race. Yuki's strange drs cost him and team good points

organic

Shame about the points but bodes well for the rest of the lower downforce tracks. Car was very competitive with the low downforce package and even more promising is they've nearly exclusively been bringing circuit specific updates so far - perhaps a lot more performance to come

Wouter

Pierre and Max were yesterday and today in Spielberg. They had a lot of fun. Swipe up and sound on!

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Best sounding cars ever those. Wish they brought that engine back

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!