2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Jun 18 2022 Can Formula 1 drivers race with the slowest vehicle in the world: an ice hockey Zamboni?
We pit Sergio Perez and Yuki Tsunoda against Olympic gold medalist and ski legend Seb Toots and Hockey Superstar PK Subban in the world's slowest time trial challenge.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

What caused Yuki's crash. It was very unusual I think.

Wouter

etusch wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:27
He said he was stupid because it was his own fault. Driving to fast.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:42
etusch wrote:
I thought his wheels didn't installed right but then watched onboard and nothing wrong with them. Looked very strange.

Wouter

etusch wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:43
Wouter wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:42
etusch wrote:
I thought his wheels didn't installed right but then watched onboard and nothing wrong with them. Looked very strange.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Seb retires at the end of this year. :cry:
"My goals have shifted from winning races and Championships to seeing my children grow,
passing on my values and being able to learn from them."

- Sebastian Vettel. Four times an #F1 World Champion, forever a family man. 💚

The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Is Tsunoda on for 2023? His consistency and speed has went the other way after the first two races. I see no real reason for AT to keep him on but to appeal to Honda.. Not sure what sort of arrangement Honda has with Tsunoda himself though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 15:38
Is Tsunoda on for 2023? His consistency and speed has went the other way after the first two races. I see no real reason for AT to keep him on but to appeal to Honda.. Not sure what sort of arrangement Honda has with Tsunoda himself though.
To me he looks the best option. He is doing a tidy job, is liked by the team, paddock and (especally) media, which, besides winning, is what teams need.
They could bring a 'new boy' in and loose the press, which means less air, muddy the atmosphere in the garage, or start a war with the other driver. Any of which would be a loss to them, which would of course be out weighed by wins, but Gasly is a good enough yardstick to see that is not going to happen whoever they choose
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Mogster

PlatinumZealot wrote:
If Honda are mulling over buying into AT he could have significant appeal. It’ll be interesting to see if he stays on.

Ayumu Iwasa is another option, his F2 performances have picked up significantly lately. He has RBR and Honda association I think. You could give Yuki 2023 to shape up and Iwasa another year in F2.

continuum16

Mogster wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 18:42
PlatinumZealot wrote:
If Honda are mulling over buying into AT he could have significant appeal. It’ll be interesting to see if he stays on.

Ayumu Iwasa is another option, his F2 performances have picked up significantly lately. He has RBR and Honda association I think. You could give Yuki 2023 to shape up and Iwasa another year in F2.
I feel like they should give Iwasa another F2 year; not specifically because Tsunoda's performances don't merit replacement, but because they (either Honda or RB) should have learned from Yuki's experience that rushing into F1 isn't always the best option. Yuki's pace gap has decreased, but his penchant for avoidable incidents have not. Canada and Silverstone were especially bad, perhaps even worse than anything he did in 2021. He'd be out for sure if the RB F2 grid wee any good, but of the remining juniors Lawson is being beaten by his teammate, Daruvala and Hauger aren't exactly lighting everything up despite being in the championship-winning team of the last two years, and Iwasa is only a rookie (same as Hauger). Iwasa would be my pick but for '24 only.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Mogster

continuum16 wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 23:14
Mogster wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 18:42
PlatinumZealot wrote:

I feel like they should give Iwasa another F2 year; not specifically because Tsunoda's performances don't merit replacement, but because they (either Honda or RB) should have learned from Yuki's experience that rushing into F1 isn't always the best option. Yuki's pace gap has decreased, but his penchant for avoidable incidents have not. Canada and Silverstone were especially bad, perhaps even worse than anything he did in 2021. He'd be out for sure if the RB F2 grid wee any good, but of the remining juniors Lawson is being beaten by his teammate, Daruvala and Hauger aren't exactly lighting everything up despite being in the championship-winning team of the last two years, and Iwasa is only a rookie (same as Hauger). Iwasa would be my pick but for '24 only.
Agree, there’s no one in 2022 F2 really making a strong case for a 2023 F1 seat.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!