2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
1m0bius1

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Imagine hiring a top tier driver and destroying his abilities by creating a car that's horrible in low speed. Ridiculous.

McG

How do Sauber compare to McLaren in regards to Saubers potential this year and going forward under this budget cap?From the little I've read over the years they have a decent wind tunnel? Anything else Sauber have over or equal to McLaren?
F1 is dead.

A.J.O

johnny comelately wrote:
22 May 2022, 23:28
Any talk about a problem with Daniel's car?
Early on it was like he had a rock stuck under the throttle pedal.
You mean like the opening 10 laps?
they started that car on used softs then 1st pit, used softs again. Top if off with a " Lando 0.5 don't make it to difficult" over the radio. All that combined, quickly adds up to the equivalent of "a rock stuck under the throttle pedal"

Look at what happened to VER and SAI. They both started on used soft and went off for no reason. But at least their teams made the right call and went on new med for the next stint.

There is something seriously wrong with the #3 side of the garage and its not wholly the driver.

Lando 1st stint new soft. 2nd new medium. no used until half the fuel is gone.

Anyone reading this please keep in mind this is a technical forum and I present nothing but facts.

BTW Lando's performance today while being as sick as he was just put his stock through the roof for me. Well done! =D>

johnny comelately

A.J.O wrote:
23 May 2022, 01:06
johnny comelately wrote:
22 May 2022, 23:28
Any talk about a problem with Daniel's car?
Early on it was like he had a rock stuck under the throttle pedal.
You mean like the opening 10 laps?
they started that car on used softs then 1st pit, used softs again. Top if off with a " Lando 0.5 don't make it to difficult" over the radio. All that combined, quickly adds up to the equivalent of "a rock stuck under the throttle pedal"

Look at what happened to VER and SAI. They both started on used soft and went off for no reason. But at least their teams made the right call and went on new med for the next stint.

There is something seriously wrong with the #3 side of the garage and its not wholly the driver.

Lando 1st stint new soft. 2nd new medium. no used until half the fuel is gone.

Anyone reading this please keep in mind this is a technical forum and I present nothing but facts.

BTW Lando's performance today while being as sick as he was just put his stock through the roof for me. Well done! =D>
OK I see what you mean and yes those early laps.
But it seemed to be painfully slow on the straights and not from entry speed ??

1m0bius1

I think mclaren have realised it's another dead season. They are making Daniel look bad to justify his exit. It's all about youth now

BassVirolla

thestig84 wrote:
22 May 2022, 21:58
Oh they were fairly appalling!! Luckily i scooted in from an Airbnb so didn't endure the train disaster, still was abused by security trying to lock it up. They have the front to have a sustainability stand yet do nothing to encourage anything but driving in (which was still a mess apparently). No water when even Silverstone provides that! I had a great 4 days but it sounds like I was just lucky! They even confiscate metal sun cream from people 🙄!?
Back on topic though I was on the pit straight as the team pack up in 37c ready for Monaco in a few days.... Just a gentle reminder for the folk here that happily and relentlessly criticise the team
In general terms: welcome to Spain.

runningmanz

Was a really poor one from Dan at Spain. Surprising given he has been pretty competitive with Lando in races this season. Even qualli in Imola and Miami he was looking strong in those sessions particularly Q3 in Imola before the red flags. He has never been particularly good at Spain overall though even in his good years. Think it's one of his bogey tracks but the gap this time was really bad. The team said he was struggling with the backend and just couldn't push the car. Wonder if a combination of setup, heat and Dan's driving style. Pretty mystifying. Hopefully he can bounce back at Monaco a track apart from last year where he excels at.

thestig84

Yes thanks. Thought it was quite clear my comments were about being at the event and the organisation.

I mean it was followed by comments all being about the circuit organisation and then ending by backing the team!!?

Emag

Swed3120 wrote:
23 May 2022, 00:10
All valid points , but that wasn’t what this was about
Sorry that you mis-understood that, it was a response to the trackside conditions at Barcelona which apparently where not very good for the fans , nothing to ditch the teams performance
Lol, sorry. I got caught up with the other comments.

blastdoman

I don't know if you've noticed but Lando doesn't come out for the post-race interviews. I suppose he was so sick that he went straight to rest. This fact still puts more value on his good race and Daniel's unfortunate one.

aran.vtec

blastdoman wrote:
23 May 2022, 09:01
I don't know if you've noticed but Lando doesn't come out for the post-race interviews. I suppose he was so sick that he went straight to rest. This fact still puts more value on his good race and Daniel's unfortunate one.
Apparently Lando has tonsillitis could he miss This weeks race?

Emag

aran.vtec wrote:
23 May 2022, 09:04
blastdoman wrote:
That usually goes away after a couple of days, so I suppose he will be better for Monaco.

Fulcrum

The only thing more inconsistent than the car is this thread.

organic

aran.vtec wrote:
23 May 2022, 09:04
blastdoman wrote:
In my experience of it, the symptoms can be dealt with within a few days of antibiotic treatment; I doubt he'll miss anything

Big Tea

1m0bius1 wrote:
23 May 2022, 00:19
Imagine hiring a top tier driver and destroying his abilities by creating a car that's horrible in low speed. Ridiculous.
That's the idea of hiring top drivers, they are supposed to be able to handle things like that or they could have taken a novice.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.