FIA Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: FIA Thread

dans79 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:24
Wouter wrote:
28 Nov 2022, 13:07
Whatever you want ..... I won't argue with a Mercedes fan, because explaining their request is of no use.
Yet a Redbull back driver was the one that needed a major medical check.............
You forgot to quote this sentence of mine.

"All the teams whose drivers suffered from it chose not to endanger the health of the drivers themselves by a simple solution and that was to adjust the car slightly higher. Ferrari also did the same."
And so did SAT after the checkup of his back. :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:34
Nice try, Gasly's MRI was after the race not before....... :wink:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula- ... u-27728466
"Baku was the worst of all the circuits we raced on, even if for me, it wasn't just a matter of pure porpoising," he told the Italian edition of Motorsport.com . "Our car has to be extremely low to be competitive and there are many, many bumps on that track.

"It was really hard on my back, to the point that after the weekend I had to do an MRI to check that everything was okay with the vertebrae. In our case this problem is definitely linked to the type of track."
197 104 103 7

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:43
Wouter wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:34
Nice try, Gasly's MRI was after the race not before....... :wink:
Nice try??

Please read again what I wrote.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

https://www.fia.com/news/2022-fia-prize ... h-december

2022 FIA Prize Giving will celebrate Motor Sport Champions in Bologna on 9th December

The star-studded event honours the champions of 2022 from across the FIA motor sport spectrum in Bologna’s automotive heartland - The Ceremony will be broadcast at 9:30 pm CET on FIA channels – 
TikTok for the first time, Facebook & YouTube
The Power of Dreams!

FW17

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ben- ... /10408328/

This involved a court case in the United States regarding a potential patent infringement of the halo by the FIA. The action had been brought about by its inventor Jens H. S. Nygaard.

In the end the matter was settled, but it still took a lot of Ben Sulayem’s focus in the weeks after he took over the presidency.

Wouter

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 2prH3.html

FIA announce new management structure, with Steve Nielsen joining as Sporting Director

26 minutes ago

F1 Sporting Director Steve Nielsen is leaving the organisation to take up a similar position with the sport’s governing body, the FIA, it was announced on Wednesday.

Nielsen joined F1 in 2017, having previously carried out sporting roles for a host of teams including Lotus, Tyrrell, Honda, Benetton, Arrows, Renault and Williams, with his Formula 1 career beginning in the 1980s

On Wednesday, the FIA confirmed a reshuffle of their F1 structure for 2023 following a transitional period, which sees Nikolas Tombazis become Single-Seater Director, with new Sporting Director Nielsen reporting to him.

Meanwhile, Tim Goss – once of McLaren – takes on the Technical Director role previously held by Tombazis, with Federico Lodi named Financial Director and former Sporting Director François Sicard named Strategy & Operations Director.
The Power of Dreams!

mendis

FIA has a clown leading them. He is in news almost everyday for wrong reasons.

Airshifter

mendis wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 04:37

If they have to go back 20+ years to find drama to create, there must not be much in the recent future that gives them click bait.

I don't like women that think they are smarter then men either. I'm all for a very intelligent woman who is smarter than me thinking or knowing that. But there are women that do plenty of "womansplaining" on certain topics as well, and it's no better than mansplaining in most situations.

I would assume if there were any statements that didn't need reading into to create bias against him they probably would have been quoted. And even if there are, to some extent it might show that he is willing to grow as a person.

Soalar

I don't really know what to think, but I remember reading this article a couple of days ago.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hous ... /10424922/

It seems, there's a hard push to get the man removed from the sport. It reeks a bit, they must have been sitting on the archived website article for a while and are releasing it now. I suspect they are really pissed at his tweets :D

wogx

F1 wants to get rid of Ben Sulayem; David Richards sounded as replacement

Formula 1's 'heavyweights' want to get rid of FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem, and they already have a favourite as a replacement: David Richards.
Tension between the FIA and Liberty Media continues to rise. Already last year there were 'tiffs' and these moved to the issue of Andretti's entry into F1.
But the real 'blow-up' came last week, shortly after Saudi Arabia made a $20 billion bid - according to Bloomberg - to buy F1.

Mohammed Ben Sulayem spoke of an "inflated" price and this did not go down well with F1's owners, who felt it "overstepped the bounds of the FIA's mandate".

The 'crossfire' has not stopped and Liberty wants the Dubaiti to be removed from his post, according to veteran journalist Ralph Bach of Sport 1.

In the event that Ben Sulayem is ousted as FIA president, Formula 1 bosses want David Richards to replace him.

David Richards, the Prodrive 'boss' and an 'old hand' in F1 from his time at Benetton and BAR, has not ruled out the job, although it is worth noting that he was an outspoken supporter of his now rival.
https://soymotor.com/noticias/la-f1-qui ... em-9102990
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

diffuser

wogx wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 16:30
F1 wants to get rid of Ben Sulayem; David Richards sounded as replacement

Formula 1's 'heavyweights' want to get rid of FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem, and they already have a favourite as a replacement: David Richards.
Tension between the FIA and Liberty Media continues to rise. Already last year there were 'tiffs' and these moved to the issue of Andretti's entry into F1.
But the real 'blow-up' came last week, shortly after Saudi Arabia made a $20 billion bid - according to Bloomberg - to buy F1.

Mohammed Ben Sulayem spoke of an "inflated" price and this did not go down well with F1's owners, who felt it "overstepped the bounds of the FIA's mandate".

The 'crossfire' has not stopped and Liberty wants the Dubaiti to be removed from his post, according to veteran journalist Ralph Bach of Sport 1.

In the event that Ben Sulayem is ousted as FIA president, Formula 1 bosses want David Richards to replace him.

David Richards, the Prodrive 'boss' and an 'old hand' in F1 from his time at Benetton and BAR, has not ruled out the job, although it is worth noting that he was an outspoken supporter of his now rival.
https://soymotor.com/noticias/la-f1-qui ... em-9102990
In Dec of 2021 Mohammed Ben Sulayem received 61,62% of the votes from FIA Member Clubs to Britain’s Graham Stoker’s 36,62% and abstentions were 1,76%. From what I understand he serves a 4 year term.

Giblet

Airshifter wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 07:14
mendis wrote:

If they have to go back 20+ years to find drama to create, there must not be much in the recent future that gives them click bait.

I don't like women that think they are smarter then men either. I'm all for a very intelligent woman who is smarter than me thinking or knowing that. But there are women that do plenty of "womansplaining" on certain topics as well, and it's no better than mansplaining in most situations.

I would assume if there were any statements that didn't need reading into to create bias against him they probably would have been quoted. And even if there are, to some extent it might show that he is willing to grow as a person.
How do you feel about men that think they are smarter than you but are not? Do they bother you or just women?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Airshifter

Giblet wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 00:58
Airshifter wrote:
mendis wrote:

How do you feel about men that think they are smarter than you but are not? Do they bother you or just women?
I would compare it to your question. At times people are grasping for truths that don't exist. Similar to what I suspect the statements on Ben Sulayem are doing.

AR3-GP

Airshifter wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 06:47
Giblet wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 00:58
Airshifter wrote:

I would compare it to your question. At times people are grasping for truths that don't exist. Similar to what I suspect the statements on Ben Sulayem are doing.
I think there's two different lessons here.

20 years ago, what Ben Sulayem said was weird. There are men who think they are smarter than other men but it's quite common in that culture to belittle women. Otherwise he would have just said he doesn't like anybody who thinks they are smarter than another.

With that said, MBS has made it clear that he's not the person he was 20 years ago so I think we can drop it. That's doesn't mean I don't think MBS has other, more recent, skeletons in the closet.... :|

Nevertheless, it's quite amusing to witness this public hit job by FOM :lol: . Max and Bernie would be proud :? . And that's not a compliment...

FW17

FOM needs to be very careful with FIA. While at the moment it looks rosy between the teams and FOM, come the next commercial agreement time in 2025 FIA could simply refuse to play ball. As there are a lot of technical matters that form part of the contract such as the regulations themselves and Ferrari veto, matters that infringe upon the FIA's regulation of the sport. FIA can also state that the 50% (only) of the price money distributed to the teams are unfair and unjustifiable practice and not in the spirit of the original agreement.