FIA Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: FIA Thread

dans79 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:24 pm
Wouter wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:07 pm
Whatever you want ..... I won't argue with a Mercedes fan, because explaining their request is of no use.
Yet a Redbull back driver was the one that needed a major medical check.............
You forgot to quote this sentence of mine.

"All the teams whose drivers suffered from it chose not to endanger the health of the drivers themselves by a simple solution and that was to adjust the car slightly higher. Ferrari also did the same."
And so did SAT after the checkup of his back. :wink:
The Power of Honda!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:34 pm
Nice try, Gasly's MRI was after the race not before....... :wink:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula- ... u-27728466
"Baku was the worst of all the circuits we raced on, even if for me, it wasn't just a matter of pure porpoising," he told the Italian edition of Motorsport.com . "Our car has to be extremely low to be competitive and there are many, many bumps on that track.

"It was really hard on my back, to the point that after the weekend I had to do an MRI to check that everything was okay with the vertebrae. In our case this problem is definitely linked to the type of track."
191 103 103 7

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:43 pm
Wouter wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:34 pm
Nice try, Gasly's MRI was after the race not before....... :wink:
Nice try??

Please read again what I wrote.
The Power of Honda!

Wouter

https://www.fia.com/news/2022-fia-prize ... h-december

2022 FIA Prize Giving will celebrate Motor Sport Champions in Bologna on 9th December

The star-studded event honours the champions of 2022 from across the FIA motor sport spectrum in Bologna’s automotive heartland - The Ceremony will be broadcast at 9:30 pm CET on FIA channels – 
TikTok for the first time, Facebook & YouTube
The Power of Honda!

FW17

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ben- ... /10408328/

This involved a court case in the United States regarding a potential patent infringement of the halo by the FIA. The action had been brought about by its inventor Jens H. S. Nygaard.

In the end the matter was settled, but it still took a lot of Ben Sulayem’s focus in the weeks after he took over the presidency.

Wouter

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 2prH3.html

FIA announce new management structure, with Steve Nielsen joining as Sporting Director

26 minutes ago

F1 Sporting Director Steve Nielsen is leaving the organisation to take up a similar position with the sport’s governing body, the FIA, it was announced on Wednesday.

Nielsen joined F1 in 2017, having previously carried out sporting roles for a host of teams including Lotus, Tyrrell, Honda, Benetton, Arrows, Renault and Williams, with his Formula 1 career beginning in the 1980s

On Wednesday, the FIA confirmed a reshuffle of their F1 structure for 2023 following a transitional period, which sees Nikolas Tombazis become Single-Seater Director, with new Sporting Director Nielsen reporting to him.

Meanwhile, Tim Goss – once of McLaren – takes on the Technical Director role previously held by Tombazis, with Federico Lodi named Financial Director and former Sporting Director François Sicard named Strategy & Operations Director.
The Power of Honda!

mendis
mendis

FIA has a clown leading them. He is in news almost everyday for wrong reasons.

Airshifter

mendis wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:37 am
FIA has a clown leading them. He is in news almost everyday for wrong reasons.

If they have to go back 20+ years to find drama to create, there must not be much in the recent future that gives them click bait.

I don't like women that think they are smarter then men either. I'm all for a very intelligent woman who is smarter than me thinking or knowing that. But there are women that do plenty of "womansplaining" on certain topics as well, and it's no better than mansplaining in most situations.

I would assume if there were any statements that didn't need reading into to create bias against him they probably would have been quoted. And even if there are, to some extent it might show that he is willing to grow as a person.

Soalar
Soalar

I don't really know what to think, but I remember reading this article a couple of days ago.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hous ... /10424922/

It seems, there's a hard push to get the man removed from the sport. It reeks a bit, they must have been sitting on the archived website article for a while and are releasing it now. I suspect they are really pissed at his tweets :D