2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
silver

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

WaikeCU wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:35
It's promising signs nonetheless. Now with the porpoising issue solved and the cars being allowed to be raced at 100% (maybe even more than that), there should be valuable data to push for further development and the right direction on what updates will be put on the car in the near future!
When the question was asked to Binotto about Mercedes' improvements. He said, 7 tenths on a short circuit in qualifying and 40+ seconds behind, which could have been bigger if Leclerc would have continued, might not suggest there is anything significant in terms of improvement. Now we need to see how the inseason development goes with 3 teams.

Mansell89

Huge tip of the hat to the Mercedes team members who have worked tirelessly on solving their problems - they have clearly had a major breakthrough this weekend and both Lewis and George drove beautifully.

Be super interesting now how the package holds up at different circuit characteristics and of course whether they can improve further still from a much more stable base.

PU performance/top speed much better too.

Hammerfist

silver wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:44
WaikeCU wrote:
It's promising signs nonetheless. Now with the porpoising issue solved and the cars being allowed to be raced at 100% (maybe even more than that), there should be valuable data to push for further development and the right direction on what updates will be put on the car in the near future!
When the question was asked to Binotto about Mercedes' improvements. He said, 7 tenths on a short circuit in qualifying and 40+ seconds behind, which could have been bigger if Leclerc would have continued, might not suggest there is anything significant in terms of improvement. Now we need to see how the inseason development goes with 3 teams.
Well Lewis and George were faster than sainz today clearly. That hasn’t happened before this year. I know sainz has been horrible but I think it shows progress when you can beat a Ferrari on pace.

Hammerfist wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:49
silver wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:44
WaikeCU wrote:
Well Lewis and George were faster than sainz today clearly. That hasn’t happened before this year. I know sainz has been horrible but I think it shows progress when you can beat a Ferrari on pace.
SAIs off caused some floor damage apparently.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

lh13

Hamilton and Magnussen touched front wheel to front wheel only right? How did the diffuser get damaged? Another incident?
Last edited by lh13 on 22 May 2022, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

f1jcw

lh13 wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:53
Hamilton and Magnussen touched front wheel to from wheel only right? How did the diffuser get damaged? Another incident?
I thought maybe trailing on the floor with the puncture

lh13

f1jcw wrote:
lh13 wrote:
Hamilton and Magnussen touched front wheel to from wheel only right? How did the diffuser get damaged? Another incident?
Yeah, forgot about that.

f1jcw

lh13 wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:55
f1jcw wrote:
lh13 wrote:
Yeah, forgot about that.
though if the puncture was at the front, that would'nt lower the back would it? Though suppose running so low to the ground might have something to do with it

lh13

f1jcw wrote:
lh13 wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:55
f1jcw wrote: I thought maybe trailing on the floor with the puncture
Yeah, forgot about that.
though if the puncture was at the front, that would'nt lower the back would it? Though suppose running so low to the ground might have something to do with it
Hopefully someone can post pictures of it.

Spoutnik

f1jcw

So, sad we couldn't have seen what the race performance of the car could have been

jz11

Hammerfist wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:49
they aren't there yet, both cars today had insufficient cooling package (smaller package = less drag), so it wasn't a real pace display, but the potential looks good, Hamilton gained so much time against Russel probably because the latter one was managing temperatures throughout the race while Hamilton was going all out and something did fail on his car when he slowed down and let Sainz past

silver

Spoutnik wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:58
I don't understand Toto's desperation towards Hamilton. Apologizing him after races, playing up his chances without any real signs of relatively better performances compared to the team mate. He is doing a disservice to the team by making feel it's their fault and not the driver's underperformance. May be it's time Toto steps back.

xaero

silver wrote:
22 May 2022, 18:13
Spoutnik wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:58
I don't understand Toto's desperation towards Hamilton. Apologizing him after races, playing up his chances without any real signs of relatively better performances compared to the team mate. He is doing a disservice to the team by making feel it's their fault and not the driver's underperformance. May be it's time Toto steps back.
:lol: :lol: Maybe you should own Merc and probably then you can let Toto go. Having said that Lewis has earned what he is getting back from Toto.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

kenshi_blind

I'm not a fan of backseat modding and whatnot but for the sake of the thread, can the mods please make sure trolls are kept at bay...
Like I don't have any technical skills and enjoy reading the inputs of the posters who clearly know better than me.
Despite having those idiots on ignore, they always manage to make reading the threads difficult.