2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 19:08
chrisc90 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 16:25

I imagine this is for Lewis' Jewellery infringement. Must be a much harsher penalty for failing scrutineering.
Slap for the team, nothing for Hamilton.

He has a doctor's letter, apparently, as it keeps getting infected when removed and replaced.

FIA's reasoning is it's metal and there could be a hear issue. But as Hamilton says, the helmets, overalls, wires, etc., all have metal.

The whole thing is just a reprisal for not turning up at the ceremony last year. Childish and makes the sport look extremely backwards in this day and age.
This rule is the same in every category of Motorsports.

chrisc90

Just_a_fan wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

I imagine this is for Lewis' Jewellery infringement. Must be a much harsher penalty for failing scrutineering.

He has a doctor's letter, apparently, as it keeps getting infected when removed and replaced.

FIA's reasoning is it's metal and there could be a hear issue. But as Hamilton says, the helmets, overalls, wires, etc., all have metal.

The whole thing is just a reprisal for not turning up at the ceremony last year. Childish and makes the sport look extremely backwards in this day and age.
Seems a little odd tbh. 25k fine for the team.

The metal thing I dont buy. He's forgetting to look at the bigger picture (without wanting to start jewellery saga-gate all over again.) The medics will soon cut his overalls, headsets and wires off before he needs to be rushed into a CT/MRI scan, that's sooo common practice for medics, removing a nose stud is different.

I think it brings into question more the self scrutineering process. The document (39) says the team presumed the driver was going to be within the requirements to compete. Surely making a presumption on the basis everything is going to be ok undermines the whole process of being able to self scrutineer? It seems team(S) could make a habit of thinking everything is going to be ok and submitting the required docs to the FIA. Where can those lines of presuming everything is OK stop at? (noted that is not a direct comment regarding Mercedes, its more a general comment regarding the whole process).

zibby43
zibby43

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 19:17
Just_a_fan wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

The metal thing I dont buy. He's forgetting to look at the bigger picture (without wanting to start jewellery saga-gate all over again.) The medics will soon cut his overalls, headsets and wires off before he needs to be rushed into a CT/MRI scan, that's sooo common practice for medics, removing a nose stud is different.

I think it brings into question more the self scrutineering process. The document (39) says the team presumed the driver was going to be within the requirements to compete. Surely making a presumption on the basis everything is going to be ok undermines the whole process of being able to self scrutineer? It seems team(S) could make a habit of thinking everything is going to be ok and submitting the required docs to the FIA. Where can those lines of presuming everything is OK stop at? (noted that is not a direct comment regarding Mercedes, its more a general comment regarding the whole process).
Yes. This jewelry situation just dwarfs the seriousness of potentially over-spending the cap by millions of dollars.

chrisc90

zibby43 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 19:38

Yes. This jewelry situation just dwarfs the seriousness of potentially over-spending the cap by millions of dollars.
What's that got to do with this discussion?

Zynerji

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 19:55
zibby43 wrote:

Deflection of a rule breach this weekend by alluding to a possible rule breach from 2021.🙄

chrisc90

Zynerji wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 20:27
chrisc90 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

Deflection of a rule breach this weekend by alluding to a possible rule breach from 2021.🙄
Ironic really when its been Mercedes that have had more rule breaches than other teams in the given period.

I wonder if Lewis' nose infection will clear up by next weekend, or it might be another 25k fine (or more for repeated rule breaches) to allow him to compete. I guess if it does take into next weekend, the team will have to false fill in more scrutineering forms.

Zynerji

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 20:31
Zynerji wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Ironic really when its been Mercedes that have had more rule breaches than other teams in the given period.

I wonder if Lewis' nose infection will clear up by next weekend, or it might be another 25k fine (or more for repeated rule breaches) to allow him to compete. I guess if it does take into next weekend, the team will have to false fill in more scrutineering forms.
If a driver has a medical issue that prevents him competing within the rules, he should be replaced by the reserve driver until fit. Period.

chrisc90

Zynerji wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 20:37
chrisc90 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 20:31
Zynerji wrote:

If a driver has a medical issue that prevents him competing within the rules, he should be replaced by the reserve driver until fit. Period.
Absolutely. Never looked at it that way.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

The nose stud is not an inherent problem for medical scanners.
https://www.mriphysics.scot.nhs.uk/impl ... 0of%20view.

The whole issue is being brought up for one reason only - Lewis wasn't a good boy and didn't play ball how they wanted him to after AD21.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 20:41
chrisc90 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

The whole issue is being brought up for one reason only - Lewis wasn't a good boy and didn't play ball how they wanted him to after AD21.
So, the fact that it is a bold-faced contravention to the rules don't count? Do you work for CNN/MSNBC with that ability to spin?🙄

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 20:43
Just_a_fan wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

So, the fact that it is a bold-faced contravention to the rules don't count? Do you work for CNN/MSNBC with that ability to spin?🙄
Rules that only because an issue after AD21? That's the point. The gobby black bloke should have kept his head down and all would have been well.

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:00
Zynerji wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Rules that only because an issue after AD21? That's the point. The gobby black bloke should have kept his head down and all would have been well.
Your never-ending racism is below value to the discussion. 🙄

chrisc90

Just_a_fan wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Bit of a politcally incorrect response there....

It become a 'issue' when the previous race director was replaced by a new one.... The rule has been in the sport longer than Lewis - it was just never enforced. The current RD did right and enforcing the rulebook as its written. There is literally nobody else to blame but Lewis himself - and the team for making errors on their scrutineering forms.

As Zynerji said - if the driver cant be in compliance with the rules, they should be replaced for that weekend.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:05
Just_a_fan wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

My racism?

Oh, that's ironic.

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:31
Zynerji wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:05
Just_a_fan wrote:

My racism?

Oh, that's ironic.
Or simply provable by your relentless blame of events based upon color.

It's quite disgusting, and well beneath the members that inhabit this forum.