2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
johnny comelately

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Agreed about the racist remarks, time for that rubbish to stop
where are the mods when they are actually needed.

Was it a tyre pressure factor for Russels slowness?

saviour stivala

Spending their time protecting you.

Tiny73

Zynerji wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:33
Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:31
Zynerji wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:05

Your never-ending racism is below value to the discussion. 🙄
My racism?

Oh, that's ironic.
Or simply provable by your relentless blame of events based upon color.

It's quite disgusting, and well beneath the members that inhabit this forum.
I think you’re missing the point of that post, it’s not racist at all. Perhaps something was lost in translation? (Sincerely, I took that post as ironically as I assume it was meant)

nevill3

Russel had a torque over run problem, that caused there to be drive to the wheels when he wasn't expecting it.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Zynerji

Tiny73 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:47
Zynerji wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

My racism?

Oh, that's ironic.

I think you’re missing the point of that post, it’s not racist at all. Perhaps something was lost in translation? (Sincerely, I took that post as ironically as I assume it was meant)
He's saying that Hamilton only gets disciplined "because he's black". Not that he is violating a rule that has been in place for years, and is now fully enforced by the governing body. Lewis has plenty of money to have an earring removed, and some Neosporin to prevent infection. His CHOICE NOT TO is the real problem, not his skin color.

101FlyingDutchman

Tiny73 wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

My racism?

Oh, that's ironic.

I’m sorry but insinuating that Lewis gets done over because of his skin colour is quite a low dig and really not okay.

Do I think the rule is archaic? Yep perhaps. But it is in the rulebook and the FIA has decided to do what they do based on what’s best for driver safety (however one may define this). Everyone has to comply whether it’s a piece of metal or otherwise. But it isn’t because of AD21. Even the notion falls into the conspiracy theorists walhalla of the moon landing never happened and the earth is flat
Last edited by 101FlyingDutchman on 01 Oct 2022, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Tiny73

We can agree to disagree for sure but I don’t believe the post was racist.

101FlyingDutchman

Tiny73 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:59
We can agree to disagree for sure but I don’t believe the post was racist.
I don’t think so either. But it’s a post beneath the standard people ought to be setting themselves.

johnny comelately

nevill3 wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:48
Russel had a torque over run problem, that caused there to be drive to the wheels when he wasn't expecting it.
OK, thank you
Is that a battery deployment mapping issue?

ringo

The rule is a witch hunt, and those who know know. Let's move on. Some here on this forum do not understand some things because of lack of exposure outside of their culture and that cannot be helped.
It makes no sense trying to explain why this whole nose stud rule thing is a farce. FIA need to focus on auditing the teams' expenditures as that is way more important than a guy wearing a nose stud under a fire proof and possibly bullet proof helmet lol.
The car's are safe enough, no one is going to get their head bashed in, or will need to do a nose surgery. Heck it has been disproved that the stud doesn't affect any kind of scan or inspection of the head. FIA need to move on and let the guy be.
For Sure!!

chrisc90

ringo wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 22:45
The rule is a witch hunt, and those who know know. Let's move on. Some here on this forum do not understand some things because of lack of exposure outside of their culture and that cannot be helped.
It makes no sense trying to explain why this whole nose stud rule thing is a farce. FIA need to focus on auditing the teams' expenditures as that is way more important than a guy wearing a nose stud under a fire proof and possibly bullet proof helmet lol.
The car's are safe enough, no one is going to get their head bashed in, or will need to do a nose surgery. Heck it has been disproved that the stud doesn't affect any kind of scan or inspection of the head. FIA need to move on and let the guy be.
Just like the 'guys who need to be audited', Lewis should follow the rules. Plain and simple. Not even sure how you can try and stick up for him

Big Tea

As I said last time it came up, its a stupid rule, but while its a rule it has to be obeyed. It probably should be removed, but until it is it is a rule all must abide by or face the consequences.
If he is willing to get reprimanded or fined every race, that's up up him, but it is still a rule.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

johnny comelately

ringo wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 22:45
Hear here.
Rules based decision making is so very questionable in terms of progress.

Hammerfist

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:56
Tiny73 wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

I’m sorry but insinuating that Lewis gets done over because of his skin colour is quite a low dig and really not okay.

Do I think the rule is archaic? Yep perhaps. But it is in the rulebook and the FIA has decided to do what they do based on what’s best for driver safety (however one may define this). Everyone has to comply whether it’s a piece of metal or otherwise. But it isn’t because of AD21. Even the notion falls into the conspiracy theorists walhalla of the moon landing never happened and the earth is flat
But hes been wearing jewelry for over a decade and hes been in the sport for over a decade. Why is it a problem now? Why was it never brought up before? The rule was in place when he came to the sport. So why now?

101FlyingDutchman

Hammerfist wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 22:57
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 21:56
Tiny73 wrote:

But hes been wearing jewelry for over a decade and hes been in the sport for over a decade. Why is it a problem now? Why was it never brought up before? The rule was in place when he came to the sport. So why now?
Where have you been? It’s all come from having a new RD and a renewed drive to adhere to the rulebook and set out clear directives associated with that. I think it’s pretty petty to control things to these minutiae but it’s there for all motorsport classes. And they’ve decided to crack down on it now. Is it all a bit silly yes but I guess you need to look at the bigger picture and down into other race classes. If the flagship drivers don’t adhere to the rules then chances are further down they won’t either.
I guess that’s their “logic”.