2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 13:25
organic wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 16:54
fritticaldi wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 16:14
I think Red Bull is cheating and using the Alpha Tauri wind tunnel testing time. They are sister teams and share aero bits. How is this monitored?
On what basis do you believe they are cheating?
Yeah he has a weak basis or none at all. I don't believe RedBull even need to cheat wind tunnel time because they just seem to be that much better at fundamental aerodynamic design than anyone else. The details on the car is all about creativity and knowing what they want to do with the flow structures. The Ferrari is actually the anti-thesis of the RedBull, it's design is less organic, the shapes seem plain and simple and are just perfectly refined in their positions. Very numerically optimized more than opportunistic in their appearance.
I don't think RBR would need to 'cheat' in the way suggested anyway. They have so many other projects on the go they could easily ask one team to 'have a look how these shapes interact and if we change this one' for it to be included as a project. Even if they were and were 'caught' I doubt anything could be made to stick.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

fritticaldi wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 16:14
I think Red Bull is cheating and using the Alpha Tauri wind tunnel testing time. They are sister teams and share aero bits. How is this monitored?
Its monitored by the FIA. Plain and simple.

Provide some evidence or keep thoughts like this for yourself.

chrisc90

Wouter

https://racingnews365.com/the-updates-r ... rstone/amp

The updates Red Bull hope will keep them on top at Silverstone

Author Paolo Filisetti

RB18 Floor

The Red Bull floor, from the beginning of the season, has been characterised by a particular profiling of the internal edge of the Venturi channels, with evident steps that determine a specific management of the lower flows. The version that will be introduced at Silverstone will present an even more extreme internal profile in the discontinuities, for a very precise management of flows and underneath pressures.

RB18 Rear Wing

In Baku, there were problems with the RB18's DRS actuator. At Silverstone, alongside a revised version of the rear wing, a new DRS actuator, an evolution of the current one, should be introduced.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Wouter wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 15:27
https://racingnews365.com/the-updates-r ... rstone/amp

The updates Red Bull hope will keep them on top at Silverstone

Author Paolo Filisetti

RB18 Floor

The Red Bull floor, from the beginning of the season, has been characterised by a particular profiling of the internal edge of the Venturi channels, with evident steps that determine a specific management of the lower flows. The version that will be introduced at Silverstone will present an even more extreme internal profile in the discontinuities, for a very precise management of flows and underneath pressures.

RB18 Rear Wing

In Baku, there were problems with the RB18's DRS actuator. At Silverstone, alongside a revised version of the rear wing, a new DRS actuator, an evolution of the current one, should be introduced.
Let's look back at his article about RB's plans for Spain:

https://racingnews365.com/the-intriguin ... g-to-spain

Not too accurate to be honest. Seems like he looks at components that haven't changed for a while and speculates

Wouter

A loooong :) interview with Christian Horner.
Christian Horner.
The Team Principal and CEO of Red Bull Racing began his motorsport career behind the wheel, working his way up to Formula 3000 before swapping the cockpit for a different driving seat – as the boss of his own team. Horner led Red Bull to its first Drivers’ and Constructors’ double in 2010, taking another three consecutive title doubles from 2011-2013.
The Power of Dreams!

Alexf1
Alexf1

Good find! So next to the current RBPT company there will be a new entrant: the 2026 RBPT company, interesting.. Current RBPT for calibrating and installing the sealed Honda engines in the cars and producing all auxiliary components. And a new 2026 one working with a future partner?

chrisc90

Alexf1 wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 15:42
Good find! So next to the current RBPT company there will be a new entrant: the 2026 RBPT company, interesting.. Current RBPT for calibrating and installing the sealed Honda engines in the cars and producing all auxiliary components. And a new 2026 one working with a future partner?
I could be wrong but wasn’t there something in rules about becoming a ‘new’ engine supplier?

The only other logical thing is another person coming on board

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Or transfer the current RBPT to Honda Racing R&D UK.

ringo

Not sure if this is on topic for now, but I have a suspicion that Audi and Porsche will rebrand Redbull and Torro Rosso.
It does have bearing though on today's position of the the engine division.
For Sure!!

chrisc90

ringo wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 22:16
Not sure if this is on topic for now, but I have a suspicion that Audi and Porsche will rebrand Redbull and Torro Rosso.
Hmmm, I cant see the Red Bull branding going from F1 to be honest. In my opinion. The Red Bull sports and extreme sports is a absolutely monstrous brand worldwide, full of some of the best sportsman/women going. Red bull would be taking a step back if Audi makes them change their name.

Big Tea

chrisc90 wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 22:19
ringo wrote:
Hmmm, I cant see the Red Bull branding going from F1 to be honest. In my opinion. The Red Bull sports and extreme sports is a absolutely monstrous brand worldwide, full of some of the best sportsman/women going. Red bull would be taking a step back if Audi makes them change their name.
Yeh, its not just the car, all the facilities are branded Red Bull as well.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 22:34
chrisc90 wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 22:19
ringo wrote:
Yeh, its not just the car, all the facilities are branded Red Bull as well.
Yeah, Its a HUGE brand. It just wont change. Its like someone buying Ferrari and wanting to drop the Ferrari name. Will never happen

Sieper

Maybe, Mateschitz is getting older. So is Marko.

ringo

Sieper wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 23:34
Maybe, Mateschitz is getting older. So is Marko.
Yes this came to mind. Also VW group seem to want to place the Prosche and Audi branding at two strong teams.
We all know this cannot be Ferrari, and it may not be mercedes, unless Mercedes leaves the sport. Redbull and Torro Rosso are best positioned to be rebranded with Porsche and Audi. Maybe VW group enters as engine makers similar to Honda?
For Sure!!