2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP
71
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

wesley123 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:44 pm
AR3-GP wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:22 pm
It isn't though. It's 150 million a season + an engine contract+cap ex. If you do well in the championship it's even cost positive.
Sure, if you don't spend any cost on facilities or anything that doesn't encompass the budget cap.
Yes, that's why I said "Cap ex".

User avatar
Wouter
91
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Image - - - - - https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... iTbtL.html
TREMAYNE: Why 2022 Max Verstappen is an upgrade on the 2021 version
The Power of Honda!

User avatar
organic
140
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:24 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

It's true, but the situations are not the same. In 2021 Max knew on many occasions if he does not launch it into T1 then Lewis will further extend his lead. This year, not only is the track position less beneficial but their rival is less ruthless and far less reliable. There is less incentive to be as aggressive on-track.

It's just a weak comparison because of the vastly different title fights

User avatar
Sieper
68
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

What Max achieved last year against such a fantastic driver in a car that was often times better than his’ and by end of season totally dominant is incredible. Especially after he also could not finish his race twice in a row (whilst “just one DNF” was needed).
Controversy does not have a short memory.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
559
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Sieper wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 pm
What Max achieved last year against such a fantastic driver in a car that was often times better than his’ and by end of season totally dominant is incredible. Especially after he also could not finish his race twice in a row (whilst “just one DNF” was needed).
Seems we watched different seasons last year. :lol:

The cars swapped "the best" depending on track and other factors. Even at the end of the season there wasn't a dominant car between them. The season was one of circumstances and how they fell for the two drivers. A great, competitive season, that's for sure.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Sofa King
Sofa King
0
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:15 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

I think things are getting too tight for RB to pull that off, though RB has the WDC and WCC in the bag. More likely is they focus on Max eclipsing the record of 13 wins in a season
Edax wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:37 pm
Sofa King wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:52 pm
Marko needs to cut Perez some slack. It’s not clear if Max would have won without Perez giving Max an easy pass on the first lap after Perez had a better start, and then on 41 when Perez almost stopped to keep Max in front while blocking Russell. Not clear if Max would have gotten P1 without Perez and it’s likely Perez lost a podium as a result of the two incidents
Sieper wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:29 pm


And Perez was right there at the best moment, otherwise he would have gotten behind Russell likely.
Fully agree. He deserves quite a lot of credit for his actions. But I think that if things continuing like this with Ves, RB may actually start helping PER to claim second in the championship snd secure the WCC.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
71
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Any whispers on the "major chassis upgrade" rumor?

User avatar
Sieper
68
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:06 pm
Sieper wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 pm
What Max achieved last year against such a fantastic driver in a car that was often times better than his’ and by end of season totally dominant is incredible. Especially after he also could not finish his race twice in a row (whilst “just one DNF” was needed).
Seems we watched different seasons last year. :lol:

The cars swapped "the best" depending on track and other factors. Even at the end of the season there wasn't a dominant car between them. The season was one of circumstances and how they fell for the two drivers. A great, competitive season, that's for sure.
Seems not so different? "often times" means that I think most times the Merc was the better car, sometimes the RB. But the difference was mostly small. Except for the end of the season. Brazil, Abu Dhabi, no way for Max to keep up, that was dominant and I know why too. But OK, we have been over that many times already, lets just keep on disagreeing about that please.

For me it was clear in most races Max was up against 2 Mercs and I don't feel Bottas is a better driver than Perez. Overall same ballpark imho. That is the main thing where you could see it. This year Perez is oftentimes also in the fight with Hamilton, this year the RB is the better car (not just equalish).
Controversy does not have a short memory.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
559
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Sieper wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:06 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:06 pm
Sieper wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 pm
What Max achieved last year against such a fantastic driver in a car that was often times better than his’ and by end of season totally dominant is incredible. Especially after he also could not finish his race twice in a row (whilst “just one DNF” was needed).
Seems we watched different seasons last year. :lol:

The cars swapped "the best" depending on track and other factors. Even at the end of the season there wasn't a dominant car between them. The season was one of circumstances and how they fell for the two drivers. A great, competitive season, that's for sure.
Seems not so different? "often times" means that I think most times the Merc was the better car, sometimes the RB. But the difference was mostly small. Except for the end of the season. Brazil, Abu Dhabi, no way for Max to keep up, that was dominant and I know why too. But OK, we have been over that many times already, lets just keep on disagreeing about that please.

For me it was clear in most races Max was up against 2 Mercs and I don't feel Bottas is a better driver than Perez. Overall same ballpark imho. That is the main thing where you could see it. This year Perez is oftentimes also in the fight with Hamilton, this year the RB is the better car (not just equalish).
I do think that Perez's role in helping Max is forgotten. Sure, he had some poor weekends in 2021 (just as he is this year), but in AD in 2021 I think it was Perez's brilliant bit of defence against Lewis that allowed Max to close up the gap to Lewis and thus prevented Lewis being able to pit during the infamous SC. Without Perez's defence, Lewis would likely have had sufficient lead over Max to take a stop under the SC. With Perez's defence, Max was too close and Lewis couldn't pit. I think Bottas would not have been able / willing to do to Max what Perez did to Lewis.

I don't remember much, if any, recognition of that help after AD, either from the team or from fans. Perhaps it was there but lost in all of the other shouting that followed the race. S'funny, but although it's a season long title race, it's often individual moments that help to define the eventual outcome.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
559
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

AR3-GP wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:55 pm

I don't remember much, if any, recognition of that help after AD, either from the team or from fans. Perhaps it was there but lost in all of the other shouting that followed the race. S'funny, but although it's a season long title race, it's often individual moments that help to define the eventual outcome.
This is quite distant from reality.
No, it's reality.

What you mean is: I missed seeing / hearing the recognition at the time.

If there was that recognition, then that's good to know.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
71
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:26 pm
AR3-GP wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:55 pm

I don't remember much, if any, recognition of that help after AD, either from the team or from fans. Perhaps it was there but lost in all of the other shouting that followed the race. S'funny, but although it's a season long title race, it's often individual moments that help to define the eventual outcome.
This is quite distant from reality. You remember what you want to remember because you hate RB.

Max and RB paid tribute to Checo's driving in AD at every opportunity. In every interview Max mentioned Checo. Horno and Marko praised him. Fans called him the Mexican Minister of Defense.

It's no surprise, you must have been quite devastated last year at Hamilton's loss so you probably didn't follow anything to do with RB.
Wow, make a post and then edit it to make it entirely different.

My remembering of whether Perez received recognition has nothing to do with hatred. But if it makes you feel better, you carry on believing that. :roll:

Edit: and then you edited it again. :roll:
Last edited by AR3-GP on 05 Aug 2022, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
I don't really have much clue what you are on about. I posted some text, then added the video.

User avatar
Wouter
91
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Image 13 Down, 9 To Go | Our 2022 Season So Far
.
The Power of Honda!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
559
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

AR3-GP wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:31 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:26 pm
AR3-GP wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm


This is quite distant from reality. You remember what you want to remember because you hate RB.

Max and RB paid tribute to Checo's driving in AD at every opportunity. In every interview Max mentioned Checo. Horno and Marko praised him. Fans called him the Mexican Minister of Defense.

It's no surprise, you must have been quite devastated last year at Hamilton's loss so you probably didn't follow anything to do with RB.
Wow, make a post and then edit it to make it entirely different.

My remembering of whether Perez received recognition has nothing to do with hatred. But if it makes you feel better, you carry on believing that. :roll:

Edit: and then you edited it again. :roll:
Last edited by AR3-GP on 05 Aug 2022, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
I don't really have much clue what you are on about. I posted some text, then added the video.
It was initially posted as "This is quite distant from reality". I replied to that.

Then you added some invective. I replied to that.

Then you added a video. And I edited my post (and indicated it as such)

Quite why the system only shows one edit is confusing.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
organic
140
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:24 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:34 pm



It was initially posted as "This is quite distant from reality". I replied to that.

Then you added some invective. I replied to that.

Then you added a video. And I edited my post (and indicated it as such)

Quite why the system only shows one edit is confusing.
Edits are unlisted/not recorded if the edited post is still the most recent post in the thread.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
559
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

organic wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:43 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:34 pm



It was initially posted as "This is quite distant from reality". I replied to that.

Then you added some invective. I replied to that.

Then you added a video. And I edited my post (and indicated it as such)

Quite why the system only shows one edit is confusing.
Edits are unlisted/not recorded if the edited post is still the most recent post in the thread.
Ah, that makes sense.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"