2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

marcel171281 wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 22:16
The next F1 conspiracy.....

It was visible many laps before the SC and that 'water bottle' picture is during the SC. It looks very much like the cover over the closed off cooling louvres came partly off and took off some paint/stickers in the process.

F1 fans are in desperate need of tin foil.
Nice try but no. The cooling vents end with the black opening where the SOYMOTOR M is.
The damage is clearly reward of the body panel line.

Jolle

Half RedBull News: the Dutch justice department raided the home and office of big motorsport and Verstappen sponsor “Jumbo” (supermarkt chain) owner Van Eerd (who won Le Mans LMP2 years ago with Jos Verstappen in a Porsche Spyder)

Money laundering through motorsport is one of the accusations.

Wouter

Jolle wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 12:05
Half RedBull News: the Dutch justice department raided the home and office of big motorsport and Verstappen sponsor “Jumbo” (supermarkt chain) owner Van Eerd (who won Le Mans LMP2 years ago with Jos Verstappen in a Porsche Spyder)

Well, if you want to bring negative news about Max/his sponsor give at least the right information.
A 58-year-old man from the municipality of Aa en Hunze (Drenthe) was arrested on Tuesday morning on suspicion of involvement in laundering large amounts of money and goods and VAT fraud.
He is the prime suspect in the case. In addition, eight people from the provinces of Drenthe and North Brabant have been arrested.

The money laundering was done through
-real estate transactions,
-car trading,
-unexplained cash deposits and
-motocross sponsorship contracts.

The main suspect is seen as the spider in the web. The co-defendants are accused of having been involved in these acts.

It is not known whether 55-year-old Van Eerd is among the suspects. At least he's not the prime suspect.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... auchassis/

Apparently the lightweight chassis is discarded for 2022 as the balance & pace of the car is already excellent. Car is no more than 5kg overweight now, having lost around 20kg since the season start.

gandharva

That's the part relevant to weight:
The RB18 seems to be the only car immune to bouncing. But there was trouble in other areas. But this problem has almost been solved. Since the beginning of the season, the RB18 is said to have lost about 20 kilograms. That's six to seven tenths of a second on the clock. The excess weight is almost gone half a year later. A heavyweight has turned into a model athlete who is outperforming everyone. In paddock circles it is said that the Red Bull is only two to five kilograms over the minimum weight of 798 kilograms.

etusch

I admire how this guys make their car perfect step by step with with almost every small touch during season. Wonderfull organisation.

Revs84

Remember the Suzuka specials from Honda?

I've been increasingly wondering whether the 5th engine is meant to serve this purpose. This is the last race before Suzuka in which they would be able to add a new ICE to the pool.

Red Bull have been using Honda engines since 2019 and due to covid have missed the last 2 races. In 2019 Leclerc had also torpedoed into Verstappen on the first lap causing him to DNF.

So given Honda also sponsors the Suzuka event, I'm sure they'll be extremely keen to finally get that win on home soil! :)

AR3-GP

Revs84 wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 20:43

I've been increasingly wondering whether the 5th engine is meant to serve this purpose. This is the last race before Suzuka in which they would be able to add a new ICE to the pool.

Red Bull have been using Honda engines since 2019 and due to covid have missed the last 2 races. In 2019 Leclerc had also torpedoed into Verstappen on the first lap causing him to DNF.

So given Honda also sponsors the Suzuka event, I'm sure they'll be extremely keen to finally get that win on home soil! :)
I'm certain Honda will empty the reserves in Suzuka :lol: . Rb and Honda have nothing to lose. They should atleast load up Perez's car.

etusch

just for engine sound

kediown

etusch wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 21:01
just for engine sound

We need the music removed!

vorticism

kediown wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 21:23
etusch wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 21:01
just for engine sound

https ://www.instagram.com/reel/Ch14YGbJrb2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
We need the music removed!
It was removed in 2014.
𓄀

marcel171281

Jolle wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 12:05

Van Eerd never raced Le Mans with Jos. The 2008 LMP2 victory was Jeroen Bleekemolen, Peter van Merksteijn and Jos Verstappen. Got the scale model sitting 2 meters away from me here.

Motorsport should be motorcross btw.

dxpetrov

Revs84 wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 20:43

And they decided to do that because the current car is struggling to lap everyone in the race and it's quite unknown who would win it at the end?! Bollocks.

saviour stivala

And if Honda adds/have added a new fifth engine intended for Suzuka event in which way or form can it be special (any different from what is already homologated.

Revs84

saviour stivala wrote:
14 Sep 2022, 06:17
And if Honda adds/have added a new fifth engine intended for Suzuka event in which way or form can it be special (any different from what is already homologated.
It doesn't have to be special. It just needs to be run that little bit harder.