2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

What is this Fp2 run plan? Seems like a disaster of a friday

RGAEDA
RGAEDA

And it looks like they made poor decisions for this session. Very little time on track.

organic

Red Bull changed the front suspension, then changed it back. That took time. That is why drivers stood inside for a long time during the second practice.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 15:42
What is this Fp2 run plan? Seems like a disaster of a friday
Save the engine :lol:

organic

"In the first practice the car felt good. For the second session we wanted to try some things, but the changes always took quite some time. So that second practice was not very representative. We will analyze everything carefully."
Far cry from how he sounded in Miami and Zandvoort when they had similar amount of issues

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 16:28

"In the first practice the car felt good. For the second session we wanted to try some things, but the changes always took quite some time. So that second practice was not very representative. We will analyze everything carefully."
Far cry from how he sounded in Miami and Zandvoort when they had similar amount of issues

djones
djones

A lot of talk about Redbull massively going over the budget cap last year, in preparation for this year.

To be fair I'm not even sure I'm saddened if that is the case. Any team with half a brain should have done the same. Any punishment will be incredibly minimal compared to the multi-year advantage it will have gained.

All that said, I suspect it's very easy to circumvent the cap anyway. Just buy a part from a supplier, but via one of your other companies give them a load of money to develop said part so it does not come out of your main budget.

chrisc90

7.25million allowance over the budget within the 'minor' threshold.

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 11:22
DGP123 wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 10:33
Has anyone discussed the rumour surrounding RB exceeding the 2021 budget cap? Two teams exceeded last years cap, apparently RB by 5m dollars, and Aston Martin by a lesser degree.
Yes, in the FIA thread. The rumor says RBR spent 4 million to much.

FIA Statement on Financial Regulations

The FIA is currently finalising the assessment of the 2021 financial data submitted by all Formula 1 teams.
Alleged breaches of the Financial Regulations, if any, will be dealt with according to the formal process set out in the regulations.

The FIA notes significant and unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture in relation to this matter,
and reiterates that the assessment is ongoing and due process will be followed without consideration to any external discussion.
The Power of Dreams!

maxxer
maxxer

djones wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 21:37
A lot of talk about Redbull massively going over the budget cap last year, in preparation for this year.

To be fair I'm not even sure I'm saddened if that is the case. Any team with half a brain should have done the same. Any punishment will be incredibly minimal compared to the multi-year advantage it will have gained.

All that said, I suspect it's very easy to circumvent the cap anyway. Just buy a part from a supplier, but via one of your other companies give them a load of money to develop said part so it does not come out of your main budget.
Or just get some interns from a university to develop something which is totally unrelated but proves a point of effectiveness in the way you want to go , who is going to check that ?

chrisc90

I hope we will be ok, however I think it is 'wise' to use a little over budget given the little penalty you seem to get from the minor section. Any team would certainly be wise if they are good with upgrades to use the $7.25m to develop the car further.

You know, all these media reports were the EXACT same when there was the flexi floor saga that went round with TD039. Redbull has been using this exploit/loophole. Yet Christian stood there and said there is nothing to worry about and it wont affect the car like everyone made out. It was a case of 'told you so' at Spa onwards and it would be nice and smug to sit there and say the same line again if the reports come out and RB was within budget.

Probably the only reason these journalists use RB is that it would be less of a story if someone like Haas or Williams did it, it wouldnt blow up in the comments sections on social media, wouldnt get shared and reposted like it would with a major front running team.

maxxer
maxxer

chrisc90 wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 22:42
I hope we will be ok, however I think it is 'wise' to use a little over budget given the little penalty you seem to get from the minor section. Any team would certainly be wise if they are good with upgrades to use the $7.25m to develop the car further.

You know, all these media reports were the EXACT same when there was the flexi floor saga that went round with TD039. Redbull has been using this exploit/loophole. Yet Christian stood there and said there is nothing to worry about and it wont affect the car like everyone made out. It was a case of 'told you so' at Spa onwards and it would be nice and smug to sit there and say the same line again if the reports come out and RB was within budget.

Probably the only reason these journalists use RB is that it would be less of a story if someone like Haas or Williams did it, it wouldnt blow up in the comments sections on social media, wouldnt get shared and reposted like it would with a major front running team.
Actually Haas spend their whole budget to develop the 2022 car and look where they are so far

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Wouter wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 22:13
Wouter wrote:
DGP123 wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 10:33
Has anyone discussed the rumour surrounding RB exceeding the 2021 budget cap? Two teams exceeded last years cap, apparently RB by 5m dollars, and Aston Martin by a lesser degree.

The FIA is currently finalising the assessment of the 2021 financial data submitted by all Formula 1 teams.
Alleged breaches of the Financial Regulations, if any, will be dealt with according to the formal process set out in the regulations.

The FIA notes significant and unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture in relation to this matter,
and reiterates that the assessment is ongoing and due process will be followed without consideration to any external discussion.
4 mil too much with Merc totalling red bull cars in Silverstone and Hungary, I would say well done by RB.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 22:42
Deliberately going over the budget cap is cheating, pure and simple.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

napoleon1981 wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 23:30
Wouter wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 22:13
Wouter wrote:

4 mil too much with Merc totalling red bull cars in Silverstone and Hungary, I would say well done by RB.
Not if other teams that suffered big losses on track didn't do so. Mercedes lost an entire car when Russell swiped Bottas, for example. Others had similarly expensive shunts.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.