2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AeroDynamic wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:55
proteus wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:47
AeroDynamic wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:44

yeah, but not surprising. they are the least evolved people in f1 these days.
Care to explain? Least evolved people?
ooh you know, 'what a mongol' debacle .. 'not my problem' attitude from Max. No accountability, never owns anything (like some of his fans) willing to deny being aggressive, but accuse others of being aggressive.

Christian Horner's behaviour in general last season, Mark is a classic.

just a toxic cesspool running an otherwise very talented and quality team.

CH and Marko just smell of harmful narcissism. Marko always uses his words to attack people, or to lie at times. Which he apologised for last season when RBR tried to lie. All the hocus-pocus and bs they would say in their interviews..

the entitled and toxic nature of the characters running that team, are the last types I would think of that would care about anything other than their own egos and narcissism. I wouldn't put good money on them thinking about what Honda did and deserve, especially given they didn't win the constructors as Honda deserved, but powered them to their only championship in the hybrid era, which was pivotal in keeping their golden boy.
How is it different with Mercedes experimenting on Bottas engine, to give Lewis that massive advantage? Or Toto Wollff screaming on Bottas during races?

Lewis is also known for being able to push off a rival if he gets too close - seen last season and we seen it in the past and more or less every time denying guilt for incidents - once even accusing FIA that he is being punished due to the color of his skin - for which he had to apologise.

I do wonder how it is allowed to call RedBull personell "less evolved", because this reminds me of the "mongol" incident to say the least, thus putting you under the same spotlight.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Curbstone

I am very disappointed in the presentation. The only difference with the F1 concept car was the lack of louvres on the side pods. They must have left them out because it looked ugly. The nose, sidepods, even the oddly shaped roll hoop seems exactly the same as the F1 concept car.

On the other hand, the livery looks quite nice on the car, the oracle logo on the sidepods looks very nice.

wowgr8

AeroDynamic wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:55
ooh you know, 'what a mongol' debacle .. 'not my problem' attitude from Max. No accountability, never owns anything (like some of his fans) willing to deny being aggressive, but accuse others of being aggressive.

Christian Horner's behaviour in general last season, Mark is a classic.

just a toxic cesspool running an otherwise very talented and quality team.

CH and Marko just smell of harmful narcissism. Marko always uses his words to attack people, or to lie at times. Which he apologised for last season when RBR tried to lie. All the hocus-pocus and bs they would say in their interviews..

the entitled and toxic nature of the characters running that team, are the last types I would think of that would care about anything other than their own egos and narcissism. I wouldn't put good money on them thinking about what Honda did and deserve, especially given they didn't win the constructors as Honda deserved, but powered them to their only championship in the hybrid era, which was pivotal in keeping their golden boy.
I was rooting for Max last year but I do agree his character is not very good and he's very hard headed. Marko is also very unlikeable but Horner is a great guy and I think he's a good team leader at least from the outside looking in

Hoffman900

I don’t know about a great guy, his last marriage was, messy. It’s his business, but it wasn’t a good look from the outside.

I think my biggest gripe, of all the characters at RB, is letting Jos in the paddock. The guy shouldn’t be allowed into any F1 event, imo.

Back to the livery, they could have at least used the current HRC logo and not last year’s.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 09 Feb 2022, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

Marti_EF3

langedweil wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 22:14
Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:23
langedweil wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:17
Oh well, the army of underbelly nonsense garnished with 25 flavors of sour has arrived ..
Just don't read if you don't like other people opinions. It's not much more to talk if you want to talk about a copy paste fake car :lol:
It wasn't even about your post, that was indeed an opinion.
Not a very clever one, but we all have those every now and then ...
No Honda branding anywhere. Just that small HRC logo where no one can see it. What a bullshit after all Honda did. Again the ego are driving them... So disapointed tbh, no reason to back that team anymore
Anyway, corporate business is surely something different than an episode of The Care Bears.
Sometimes disappointment leads to this opinions. Tbh, I was hoping for some Honda branding instead of that small HRC logo... But it is what it is, sometimes emotions drive more than brain

siskue2005

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 22:59
langedweil wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 22:14
Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:23

Just don't read if you don't like other people opinions. It's not much more to talk if you want to talk about a copy paste fake car :lol:
It wasn't even about your post, that was indeed an opinion.
Not a very clever one, but we all have those every now and then ...
No Honda branding anywhere. Just that small HRC logo where no one can see it. What a bullshit after all Honda did. Again the ego are driving them... So disapointed tbh, no reason to back that team anymore
Anyway, corporate business is surely something different than an episode of The Care Bears.
Sometimes disappointment leads to this opinions. Tbh, I was hoping for some Honda branding instead of that small HRC logo... But it is what it is, sometimes emotions drive more than brain
Didnt redbull buy Honda engine IP? And are just paying Honda for its manufacturing? There is no R&D as far as i know... so why would redbull need to put honda logo on their car?

wogx

Marti_EF3 wrote:
But it is what it is, sometimes emotions drive more than brain
And then people post things like this :roll:
wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:37
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Cuky

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Well, since the original plan was to run Red Bull Powertrains branded PU and switch to it being a Honda happened quite late it is reasonable to assume that livery design and positioning, sizing and look of sponsorship logos on the car was locked in. Yes, it can be changed but that would take a lot of time to talk to a new agreements with all existing brands. So the easiest way for them was to find a way in which both them and Honda will be happy to agree on. It is almost in the same spot as last year, it is just a different logo. And since they are not Honda's works team anymore it makes sense for their presence on the cars to be a bit smaller.

Just look at McLaren for example. When they were Mercedes' works team Mercedes logo was proudly shown on the car on engine cover and nose. Now, there is no Mercedes logo to be seen

Juzh

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Red bull didn't have any title sponsor in 2021, so they just ran Honda logos on their rear wing entirely for free. They didn't have to do it, but did it anyway out of respect for Honda. But yeah, screw them in every way imaginable just because you, some random dude on the nets with zero relevant information, believe they must run their logo over their entire car and honda will now take major offence due to this.
Lets not forget honda inspired livery in turkey last year, solely as a thank you gesture to honda. And again with the Acura branding in usa. And then end of season video where again they went out of their way in praising honda and wihsing they never left. Amount of homage payed to honda by red bull last year was ridicioulus, and to now call them egoistic is just outright dumb and ignorant. These same thoughts go to every poster in this thread who came here to smear this team just because they didn't like launch event and lack of honda branding.
Edit. And I just remembered how many times honda personnel where on the podium together with max and checo (from memory i know at least in austria and usa). Now lets see how many times mercedes engine guys will accompany lando or ricci up there.
Last edited by Juzh on 09 Feb 2022, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

wowgr8

siskue2005 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 23:01
Didnt redbull buy Honda engine IP? And are just paying Honda for its manufacturing? There is no R&D as far as i know... so why would redbull need to put honda logo on their car?
They did not buy the IP

wowgr8

Juzh wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 23:08
Red bull didn't have any title sponsor in 2021, so they just ran Honda logos on their rear wing entirely for free. They didn't have to do it, but did it anyway out of respect for Honda. But yeah, screw them in every way imaginable just because you, some random dude on the nets with zero relevant information, believe they must run their logo over their entire car and honda will now take major offence due to this.
Lets not forget honda inspired livery in turkey last year, solely as a thank you gesture to honda. And again with the Acura branding in usa. And then end of season video where again they went out of their way in praising honda and wihsing they never left. Amount of homage payed to honda by red bull last year was ridicioulus, and to now call them egoistic is just outright dumb and ignorant. These same thoughts go to every poster in this thread who came here to smear this team just because they didn't like launch event and lack of honda branding.
Indeed, Red Bull showed Honda a lot of love last year

Juzh

dans79 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:51
Marti_EF3 wrote:
It's not much different than back at the end of the V8 era when they had a falling out with renault.
Lets see some examples of this alleged falling out between RB and honda. Come on, lets hear them :!:

dans79

Juzh wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 23:23
dans79 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:51
Marti_EF3 wrote:
It's not much different than back at the end of the V8 era when they had a falling out with renault.
Lets see some examples of this alleged falling out between RB and honda. Come on, lets hear them :!:
An obscure and microscopic logo, isn't exactly showing much love to the group/company that helped you win a championship just a few short months ago. Not to mention Honda is the primary/only reason RBR will have a completive engine in the car this season.

Imo, this is no different to the title winning v8 days, when RBR didn't want to give any credit to Renault for the engine that helped them win those championships.
197 104 103 7

siskue2005

wowgr8 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 23:17
siskue2005 wrote:
They did not buy the IP
If not then it is indeed bad that there is no Honda representation

wowgr8

siskue2005 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 23:32
wowgr8 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 23:17
siskue2005 wrote:
They did not buy the IP
If not then it is indeed bad that there is no Honda representation
The HRC at the back of the engine cover? Honda officially pulled out of F1. There shouldn't be a Honda logo on the Red Bull at all let alone the small HRC one