2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gillian

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Mr.S wrote:
29 May 2022, 04:55
Carlos has to come out of delusional state, he is saying he could have been P1 if not for the crash. Painting an alternative view for last season like he was quicker than Leclerc. Like Charles didn’t have the Monaco or Hungary DNF & that he didn’t benefit in Russia or Abu Dhabi with luck. Leclerc would have finished 50-60-70 points ahead last time in a normal season with some luck & was easily ahead last year in qualifying. Only difference in Sainz was happy to near Leclerc last season & make the best of any opportunity if Leclerc had bad luck.

This season he wants to beat Leclerc & establish himself as the No.1 but there can only be so much misfortune for a teammate & good luck for you. As a matter of fact, Leclerc had the engine blow up issue & Sainz didn’t have the car blowup issue. Most of his issues relate to qualifying low or mistakes from his end or overdriving the car.

Today he got lucky with P2. He was P4 in the last run in S1, both Max & Perez we’re ahead - Leclerc was about to destroy him !

Charles is 40 odd points ahead - By Britain he should be 60-70 points ahead. Last year teams took the call around Britain (Mercedes too) & before the end of H1, teams have to take a call around a No.1 Driver !
Have to agree. This season Leclerc is superior to Sainz in every way possible. Very bad season for Sainz zo far unfortunately. I didn't think it would be this one-sided but I was wrong.

Sevach

silver wrote:
29 May 2022, 07:51
With the way SF75 loads the front for a sharp bite and the oversteer, no wonder they have so much grip for one lap and face difficulties in tyre management in races. Although it looked good in Spain where the race didn't go normal, we have to see how it goes in future races. They should look at protecting the tyres and avoid so much oversteer that cooks the tyres, but it seems like Leclerc is happy with this pointy setup that puts him on pole most of the times, even though he was consistently being overtaken in races. With a gritty driver like Max behind in races with a car that has good tyre life, it's difficult to get away with such a biased setup.
I hope Monaco goes to Leclerc. He deserves it so much in front of home crowd.
These rules are very fresh and teams are still learning what to do.
In both Imola and Miami, Ferrari had a front limited car during the races, the tires that degraded were the front ones.
Friday in Barcelona they again were badly front limited.
Ferrari flipped that for saturday and the race and it seemed to be working nicely(at least for Charles), the soft tires lasted quite well in stint 1.
This tail happy setup seems to be a natural evolution path rather than something you can't dial out of the car.

Of course, if you already set up your car to be rear limited and then damage your diffuser early in the race (what happened to Sainz in Barcelona, suppousedly) it's not gonna be great...

Shal_Leg16

just watched Sainz's post qualy interview.

" its a shame, two years in a row this happens......

im really amazed , i dont get why he pretends as if he was really on a provisional pole lap and was about to blow every one off had the " inchident " not happened. He actually believe he is as good as Charles or Max.

LM10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 May 2022, 02:22
Good job Carlos wven though you are still costing the team a lot in repairs!
After having seen what RedBull have built for this year despite having crashed multiple times and brought upgrades way into the ending phases of last season, I’m looking at it from a bit of a more relaxed point of view.
Arguably no other team invested as much finances and time into last year’s car, yet they’ve built a race winning one for 2022. Maybe it even teaches teams to sharpen their efficiency.

Alonsismo

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
29 May 2022, 10:23

im really amazed , i dont get why he pretends as if he was really on a provisional pole lap and was about to blow every one off had the " inchident " not happened. He actually believe he is as good as Charles or Max.
he is not as good as leclerc.
he is better than leclerc.

Andres125sx

Fer.Fan wrote:
29 May 2022, 07:22
PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 May 2022, 02:22
Good job Carlos wven though you are still costing the team a lot in repairs!
Carlos is such dissopoitment. Half of the budget goes to repair his misstakes. So far he has faild to bring car in one piece at allmost any GP this year. #-o #-o :oops: :oops:
He should have X ray to see there was a stopped car at the exit of a blind corner?

Some fans... #-o

wowgr8

Shal_Leg16 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with what he said. Every driver in that top 4 would be thinking they're going to get pole whether it's true or not.

Spoutnik

wowgr8 wrote:
29 May 2022, 12:24
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with what he said. Every driver in that top 4 would be thinking they're going to get pole whether it's true or not.
Yes... stop hating him. His out lap was compromised by the Merc ahead of him which did a second slow lap. He must have lost a bit in tyres temps/traffic. He was probably not faster than Charles but could've put it on pole nevertheless.

However, great 1-2 for the team. Carlos might win today with the pit stop (like Singapore 2019, Monaco 2017)

Shal_Leg16

wowgr8 wrote:
29 May 2022, 12:24
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

Nobody is stopping him from thinking anything. he can very well think/imagine himself beating hemilton's record some day, no issue . but imo one should be a bit sensible and realistic while speaking in such interviews.

.poz

wow !

PlatinumZealot

They way the cars were driven between Carlos and Charles, as shown on the onbord comparison, there is no way on God's green earth that Carlos could beat Charles.

What I see is wide chasm in confidence between them. Charles was litterally throwing caution to the wind by letting the car sling shot through the corners! Only feathering the brakes and lifting off the throttle as late as possible, throwing the car towars the barriers. It was literally 1 tenth he gained each "medium speed" turn. Carlos on the other hand was always cautiously braking, a bit too much steering lock, hugging the walls, not letting the car loose, too tight in the corners. It will give him better tyre over a lap, but that doesn't make up for much in qualifying here. Carlos had no chance.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

F1NAC

What can I say..... that could be championship thrown away.... why didn't they follow perez immediately.... FFS

Championship gone

Shal_Leg16

Ferrari is stupid. Anyone that handles their strategy and stuff needs to be sacked asap. not good enough.

when i saw rain , i had anticipated some sh*t anyways. They barely get the tyres and stop calls right in normal situation forget about rains😂😂

LM10

F1NAC wrote:
29 May 2022, 16:57
What can I say..... that could be championship thrown away.... why didn't they follow perez immediately.... FFS

Championship gone
I know it’s frustrating, but aren’t you overreacting a bit? Championship gone?

F1NAC

LM10 wrote:
29 May 2022, 17:11
F1NAC wrote:
29 May 2022, 16:57

Championship gone

I know it’s frustrating, but aren’t you overreacting a bit? Championship gone?
We are constantly throwing off races ln which we should capitalize...

That comment was posted in a heat of a moment but yeah. It is frustrating watchin Charles minding his own bussines in P1 and then got screwed by team