2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tpe
tpe

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I still think it's better to start from the pits ewith6a brand new engine, TC, MGUs etc
Anyway.

DR30

Schippke wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 15:24
jumpingfish wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 11:53
https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini ... zis-5.7529
Sounds like a conspiracy theory from Turrini
Sounds completely baseless; Not sure what Tombazis would have to gain by doing that, and if it was the case, then surely all the teams would need to follow the same technical directive.

In short, regardless whether there is some truth to it or not, that alone would not be the reason why the Power Unit all of a sudden has become unreliable... It had been discussed and speculated that there were reliability concerns prior to the season beginning which seem to be showing now as the Power Units gain mileage.

Also, Ferrari started the season running the units in a more conservative state before upping the power more and power... once they thought reliability concerns were at ease. Seems it was a bit too good to be true at the time...
Seldom does information like that come out without there being some basis to it.
It also 100% explains why it has "become" unreliable. If they are trying to keep up with Honda and now are at the full 10% ethanol content they have to make up the resultant 3% power reduction by pushing the power units harder than they can handle reliably.

dxpetrov

tpe wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 21:40
I still think it's better to start from the pits ewith6a brand new engine, TC, MGUs etc
Anyway.
They ARE starting with the brand new engine, which is PU n.3. It's just that the turbo component is now n.4 in the pool and it has to be a penalty. Brace for another penalty later in the season when they switch to unit n.4 - that's gonna be the back of the grid.

dialtone

DR30 wrote:
Schippke wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 15:24
jumpingfish wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 11:53
https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini ... zis-5.7529
Sounds like a conspiracy theory from Turrini
Sounds completely baseless; Not sure what Tombazis would have to gain by doing that, and if it was the case, then surely all the teams would need to follow the same technical directive.

In short, regardless whether there is some truth to it or not, that alone would not be the reason why the Power Unit all of a sudden has become unreliable... It had been discussed and speculated that there were reliability concerns prior to the season beginning which seem to be showing now as the Power Units gain mileage.

Also, Ferrari started the season running the units in a more conservative state before upping the power more and power... once they thought reliability concerns were at ease. Seems it was a bit too good to be true at the time...
Seldom does information like that come out without there being some basis to it.
It also 100% explains why it has "become" unreliable. If they are trying to keep up with Honda and now are at the full 10% ethanol content they have to make up the resultant 3% power reduction by pushing the power units harder than they can handle reliably.
What information has come out? There is no pointer to, or quote of, any TD or clarification by the FIA.

This guy has been making stuff up for the past decade... Hasn't had a good take ever.

saviour stivala

Theorizing leads to making stuff up. It is normally a consequence of wanting to be the first and best out with news. Mr. Turinni forgot to state FIA TD number/s, also forgot to state the strict fuel check-up procedures samples and all.

F1doc

tpe wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 21:40
Anyway.
I agree it is a good option. A new set of everything into the drivetrain pool at a circuit where overtaking can happen.

Gillian

Will be interesting to see how Leclerc is going to handle himself this weekend. He's been spectacular in qualifying and has blown Sainz away in the races (which I didn't expect). Even if he starts a few places behind Sainz due to penalties, I would not be surprised if he will finish ahead. I'm curious to see how Sainz, Leclerc and the team will handle that. As I see it the difference between Leclerc - Sainz is about the same as Verstappen - Perez. Perez though seems to realize when he's outmatched on pace, where Sainz doesn't...

organic

Gillian wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 10:30
Will be interesting to see how Leclerc is going to handle himself this weekend. He's been spectacular in qualifying and has blown Sainz away in the races (which I didn't expect). Even if he starts a few places behind Sainz due to penalties, I would not be surprised if he will finish ahead. I'm curious to see how Sainz, Leclerc and the team will handle that. As I see it the difference between Leclerc - Sainz is about the same as Verstappen - Perez. Perez though seems to realize when he's outmatched on pace, where Sainz doesn't...
With Sainz there always is a new excuse unfortunately. Leclerc is a generational talent and there is no shame in being beaten by him, but all drivers need to believe that they can win. Consequently we hear reasons for the deficit other than pure pace every weekend post-race

Gillian

organic wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 10:31
Gillian wrote:
With Sainz there always is a new excuse unfortunately. Leclerc is a generational talent and there is no shame in being beaten by him, but all drivers need to believe that they can win. Consequently we hear reasons for the deficit other than pure pace every weekend post-race
That's exactly what I'm talking about yes.

Alonsismo

organic wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 10:31
Gillian wrote:
leclerc is not a generational talent.
he is a good driver, he is fast, but he is far from having the talent that max has.

tpe
tpe

Gillian wrote:
Because Sainz still hasn't got a pole and a win. He is extremely selfish, as every other F1 driver, so I am sure he trully believes that he is on par with the rest of the guys, although he is not. He probably works harder than the rest, but he misses that extra tenth.
Having said that, I also believe that he will be much better when he achieves that 1st pole and win. He really needs it in order to relax a bit and drive without that pressure.

dialtone

Some people here talk about the Ferrari drivers as if they were on personal terms with them. Judging whether they are talented or not, selfish or not…

How do you people do this? Would you enjoy your co-workers, perhaps those that barely know you, put in a bad word about you? How about instead of your co-workers you get the word from someone that was just visiting the office that day and saw just a presentation from you?

The disrespect some of you show paired with such little knowledge about them...

Gillian

dialtone wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 13:44
Some people here talk about the Ferrari drivers as if they were on personal terms with them. Judging whether they are talented or not, selfish or not…

How do you people do this? Would you enjoy your co-workers, perhaps those that barely know you, put in a bad word about you? How about instead of your co-workers you get the word from someone that was just visiting the office that day and saw just a presentation from you?

I hope that's not directed at me but if it was then I apologize for any disrespect.

dialtone

Gillian wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 13:51
dialtone wrote:

I hope that's not directed at me but if it was then I apologize for any disrespect.
Nah wasn't referring to you. I don't think it's bad to talk about someone's performance over the year and race by race, but when stuff gets more personal it seems excessive to me.

JPower

dialtone wrote:

I really don't know either. But that's sports fans in general.

I often wonder if people criticize their own work as hard as they do members of their favorite sports team. Accounting for normal human bias, I'd say its a 99% chance they don't.

After 8 races this season I've heard Sainz described as selfish, inconsiderate, untalented, mediocre, slow, etc, etc.

Pretty incredible, but not surprising.