2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16
0
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:20 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

bluechris wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:31 am
Sevach wrote:
codetower wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:18 am


How good will the tow be at this circuit? He can still give Sainz a nice tow in Q3. Maybe get Sainz his maiden pole.
In this track being close around the lap will be a net negative i think.
Because Leclerc doesn't have to get a run the team could position him to be caught right at the hairpin, that's a somewhat complex task however.

I think Charles will run in Q1 to get within the 107% and then park the car, and that's the right thing to do.
No, he must help Sainz to be as high as possible, meaning to help him with tow in q3 to give him pole.
Are you serious ? you really think they would run Charles and waste tyre,fuel whatever that is just to put Sainz on top ? 😁😁

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16
0
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:20 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

tpe wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:11 pm
So, Ferrari suspects that the Baku PU failure is related to the PU failure in Spain.
Meaning, the safest approach is to change the whole PU and not just the ICE.

Just my 2 cents.
this is a joke. how can they let away such issues ? if there was something wrong in spain that could break the engin in future it should have been adressed right away. At times Ferrari behaves like an amateur team.

User avatar
Big Tea
91
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:54 am
tpe wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:11 pm
So, Ferrari suspects that the Baku PU failure is related to the PU failure in Spain.
Meaning, the safest approach is to change the whole PU and not just the ICE.

Just my 2 cents.
this is a joke. how can they let away such issues ? if there was something wrong in spain that could break the engin in future it should have been adressed right away. At times Ferrari behaves like an amateur team.
Give them a chance, they have not even done 1100 races yet ( :mrgreen: )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wowgr8
wowgr8
22
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:54 am
tpe wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:11 pm
So, Ferrari suspects that the Baku PU failure is related to the PU failure in Spain.
Meaning, the safest approach is to change the whole PU and not just the ICE.

Just my 2 cents.
this is a joke. how can they let away such issues ? if there was something wrong in spain that could break the engin in future it should have been adressed right away. At times Ferrari behaves like an amateur team.
Afaik you aren't allowed to crack a homologated engine open to check the cylinders and such.

JPower
JPower
35
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Ah, so close!

Didn’t get the win, but that was easily Sainz’s best race as a Ferrari driver. Got a point for fastest lap at least.

He’s made a big step since Monaco IMO. If he can keep this up, Ferrari can still be in this fight.

wowgr8
wowgr8
22
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Another race where this wing with the weak DRS costs a potential win after Jeddah and Miami. Ferrari need to throw this rear wing in the dumpster and never use it again.

Sainz did fantastic, great performance considering he's usually lacking in race pace. I hope this carries on for the rest of the year.

tpe
tpe
-2
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: Greece

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

wowgr8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:46 pm
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:54 am
tpe wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:11 pm
So, Ferrari suspects that the Baku PU failure is related to the PU failure in Spain.
Meaning, the safest approach is to change the whole PU and not just the ICE.

Just my 2 cents.
this is a joke. how can they let away such issues ? if there was something wrong in spain that could break the engin in future it should have been adressed right away. At times Ferrari behaves like an amateur team.
Afaik you aren't allowed to crack a homologated engine open to check the cylinders and such.
The can use cameras. Obviously they missed something

User avatar
chrisc90
8
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

wowgr8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:44 pm
Another race where this wing with the weak DRS costs a potential win after Jeddah and Miami. Ferrari need to throw this rear wing in the dumpster and never use it again.

Sainz did fantastic, great performance considering he's usually lacking in race pace. I hope this carries on for the rest of the year.
I thought they changed that rear wing flap?
No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan
1
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

chrisc90 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:59 pm
wowgr8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:44 pm
Another race where this wing with the weak DRS costs a potential win after Jeddah and Miami. Ferrari need to throw this rear wing in the dumpster and never use it again.

Sainz did fantastic, great performance considering he's usually lacking in race pace. I hope this carries on for the rest of the year.
Ferrari needs to improve their pitstops, it was disaster for LEC, 5,3 sec for him. #-o #-o #-o

User avatar
F1NAC
143
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 pm
Location: CRO

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

wowgr8 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:44 pm
Another race where this wing with the weak DRS costs a potential win after Jeddah and Miami. Ferrari need to throw this rear wing in the dumpster and never use it again.

Sainz did fantastic, great performance considering he's usually lacking in race pace. I hope this carries on for the rest of the year.
They tried lower df wing on Leclerc but I think they didn't optimized the setup. Leclerc had constantly bad exit from hairpin. Dunno if it was due to older tyres or not enough df on rear axle.

Sainz didn't had problem passing Alonso.

Nevertheless, great overtake from Lec on Bottas. Also it would be interesting to see what could Sainz do had he not locked up in hairpin the moment he was the closest to Verstappen.


Anyway... season starts in Silverstone, we can do it. It is not over yet.

Forza Ferrari!

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16
0
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:20 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

just watched Charles post race interview. he did mention the 5.3s stop that dripped him in the drs train. fortunately due to SC he could get pass the two Alpines .

Ferrari is stupid.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik
1
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

For me this championship is over. RB/Max are superior operationally to Ferrari/Charles.
Only Merc/Lewis(George ?) can cope with theses guys.
If I want to be provocative I would tsay there's more chance of a Merc title challenge than a Ferrari one...

wowgr8
wowgr8
22
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

F1NAC wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:56 pm
They tried lower df wing on Leclerc but I think they didn't optimized the setup. Leclerc had constantly bad exit from hairpin. Dunno if it was due to older tyres or not enough df on rear axle.

Sainz didn't had problem passing Alonso.

Nevertheless, great overtake from Lec on Bottas. Also it would be interesting to see what could Sainz do had he not locked up in hairpin the moment he was the closest to Verstappen.


Anyway... season starts in Silverstone, we can do it. It is not over yet.

Forza Ferrari!
Yeah the wing Charles had on was lower df, whether that was the reason his exit was bad is hard to tell.

I think that if Sainz got past Max would've retaken him, that Red Bull with DRS is a bullet.

dialtone
dialtone
60
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:31 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

wowgr8 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:56 pm
They tried lower df wing on Leclerc but I think they didn't optimized the setup. Leclerc had constantly bad exit from hairpin. Dunno if it was due to older tyres or not enough df on rear axle.

Sainz didn't had problem passing Alonso.

Nevertheless, great overtake from Lec on Bottas. Also it would be interesting to see what could Sainz do had he not locked up in hairpin the moment he was the closest to Verstappen.


Anyway... season starts in Silverstone, we can do it. It is not over yet.

Forza Ferrari!
Yeah the wing Charles had on was lower df, whether that was the reason his exit was bad is hard to tell.

I think that if Sainz got past Max would've retaken him, that Red Bull with DRS is a bullet.
Nah he wouldn't have because sainz was faster through the lap, had he managed to pass he would have gapped Verstappen. Sainz was on average over 15kph faster than Max in the final straight over the past 15 laps, some laps over 20kph faster. Often gained over 0.4s just there. Unless you have a serious traction deficit at hairpin, it's very hard to pass here.

Ver couldn't pass LEC in Baku over 10 laps with tow and DRS. The speed difference is minimal between the 2.

Sevach
Sevach
925
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Ferrari needs the mother of all upgrades otherwise this is it, trading wins is not gonna cut it.