2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tpe
tpe
-2
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: Greece

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Fer.Fan wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:54 pm
Alonsismo wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:51 pm
why ferrari didnt put mediums for sainz at the SC????
Ferrari strategy are very poor, if you want win the race use red softs insted. With softs Carlos would have won the race. Last stint after SC was only 15 laps long.
They didn't expect the SC to stay that long in the track. It was a logical decision to fit him with hards since he didn't have any new or mildly used medium, and the soft was not expected to last that long. Sainz explained that already.

User avatar
organic
104
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:24 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post


Sansovino
Sansovino
1
Joined: Thu May 06, 2021 5:41 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Juzh wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:18 pm
Alonsismo wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:09 pm
leclerc did a very discrete race... so i dont think he could have done better...
Nah, that rear wing killed leclerc's race and was in hindsight a wrong call by ferrari. Sometimes you simply need rear downforce to protect the tyres. Verstappen's gamble in sochi 2021 comes to mind, fast on straights but nowhere in sector 3 and just couldn't do anything after that (got saved by rain in the end).

Even straight line speed didn't seem that much better compared to rest of the grid on more regular setups, certainly nowhere close to red bull in saudi. Furthermore, as demonstrated by sainz it was perfectly possible to overtake alpines even on like-for-like tyre age with a normal wing. So despite how much fans hate that wing with less than perfect drs flap it was still much better on this track than alternative.
Rear wing wasn't an issue, they were having ERS problems in the traction zones.

User avatar
Juzh
149
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Sansovino wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:28 pm
Juzh wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:18 pm
Alonsismo wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:09 pm
leclerc did a very discrete race... so i dont think he could have done better...
Nah, that rear wing killed leclerc's race and was in hindsight a wrong call by ferrari. Sometimes you simply need rear downforce to protect the tyres. Verstappen's gamble in sochi 2021 comes to mind, fast on straights but nowhere in sector 3 and just couldn't do anything after that (got saved by rain in the end).

Even straight line speed didn't seem that much better compared to rest of the grid on more regular setups, certainly nowhere close to red bull in saudi. Furthermore, as demonstrated by sainz it was perfectly possible to overtake alpines even on like-for-like tyre age with a normal wing. So despite how much fans hate that wing with less than perfect drs flap it was still much better on this track than alternative.
Rear wing wasn't an issue, they were having ERS problems in the traction zones.
yeah I seen that theory and it makes zero sense. Even some otherwise knowledgeable people don't seem to have a slightest clue as to how ERS actually works in F1. In this case they claim ferrari didn't use battery assist very early in the straight and rather used it later on to boost top speed. This of course is completely wrong. No one in their right mind would make such a trade off exactly for reasons we observed during the race. A few extra kmh on top end pales in comparison to gains made in acceleration zone. Sainz didn't have any magic top end speed (obviously not using claimed ers tactic which would put him even further behind) and leclerc was complaining about lack of grip in traction zone, not about lack of power. Looking at onboards it's clear he couldn't get on the throttle at all, nothing to do with any ERS settings.

JPower
JPower
35
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

organic wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:23 pm
New chassis because of a fuel system issue. The new chassis is the old chassis that got swapped out in Spain.

User avatar
Andres125sx
161
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

JPower wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:46 pm
organic wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:23 pm
New chassis because of a fuel system issue. The new chassis is the old chassis that got swapped out in Spain.
Do you know if it is an older spec or it´s the same?

User avatar
organic
104
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:24 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post



Image

Image

6th exhaust out of eight for Leclerc. Different strategy in the way they're taking them perhaps?

JPower
JPower
35
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Solid FP2.

Long runs were best of the field by a small margin on both softs and mediums.

I don't think either driver got a clean quali run but I guess they'll figure that out tomorrow.

Overall, looks promising.

dialtone
dialtone
60
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:31 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

JPower wrote:Solid FP2.

Long runs were best of the field by a small margin on both softs and mediums.

I don't think either driver got a clean quali run but I guess they'll figure that out tomorrow.

Overall, looks promising.
Yeah, had the same feeling too.

User avatar
aleks_ader
83
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Plus i think Ferrari runs heavily detuned. In this season quite establish pattern emerges. Got same impression from RB also. Except they got quite bulletproof technology. PU especially is solid. Well at least as we saw till now .
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

JPower
JPower
35
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Car is really suffering compared to RB/Merc in the high speed.

Not impressed that Ferrari is having porpoising issues bad enough to negatively effect performance.

Let’s hope for some rain in qualifying.

LM10
LM10
102
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Yes! Pole position! Really good job Sainz, finally. Now please let’s bring it home tomorrow. First of all as a team.

Essere Ferrari!

dialtone
dialtone
60
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:31 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

And this is exactly why you don't trash your driver after the start of season. Carlos is showing growth in experience in the car since Monaco.

Well done.

User avatar
aleks_ader
83
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Bu but people said fire Binotto, Sainz and bad cook....
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

politburo
politburo
1
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:46 am

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

A 1-2 in any order would be great for the WCC.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"