2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I agree with the sainz fan that Sainz had the winner's mentality here and deserved the win.
He has a very good racing brain.
He could see through all the games to prioritize Charles.
He also did not give up when he knew he was the slower driver on the day.
He has a champion's mentality, so I am glad he got his win. He will pressure himself less now and relax. It is better for the team that he won today and not play #2 role and give P1 to Charles.
I think mentally he deserved this win.
Charles should have overtaken him if he was that much quicker and they did tell him he could fight. Sainz gave up P1 because he could not go as fast as Lewis. So that informed both ferraris as not being much faster than Hamilton.
Ferrari would maybe risk losing the race if they double stacked.

The sainz bashing isnt needed either. A lot more races left and Charles will be fighting for the championship in the last race of the season. Ferrari will be a stronger team after this as i feel they will clearly define Charles now as their true challenger.
For Sure!!

mika vs michael

Charles should study a bit more what Michael Schumacher did...Michael Schumacher would know his distance from 2nd place and ask team to pit...Sainz could back Hamilton a bit to gain more time so that there is safe margin for double stacking. Ferrari is lacking in that department.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

mvfad

Another victory that Ferrari took from Charles.
This makes it difficult for the Monegasque to compete against Max, if not even his own team helps him.
Charles is fighting Max, Perez, Sainz and Ferrari. Very hard... but at least he's handsome.

codetower

ringo wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 01:03
I agree with the sainz fan that Sainz had the winner's mentality here and deserved the win.
He has a very good racing brain.
He could see through all the games to prioritize Charles.
He also did not give up when he knew he was the slower driver on the day.
He has a champion's mentality, so I am glad he got his win. He will pressure himself less now and relax. It is better for the team that he won today and not play #2 role and give P1 to Charles.
I think mentally he deserved this win.
Charles should have overtaken him if he was that much quicker and they did tell him he could fight. Sainz gave up P1 because he could not go as fast as Lewis. So that informed both ferraris as not being much faster than Hamilton.
Ferrari would maybe risk losing the race if they double stacked.

The sainz bashing isnt needed either. A lot more races left and Charles will be fighting for the championship in the last race of the season. Ferrari will be a stronger team after this as i feel they will clearly define Charles now as their true challenger.
It’s not about bashing Sainz. I am a big fan of his. I think he’s an excellent addition to Ferrari. As far as winning mentality, I don’t know that I agree that he has more of a winning mentality than Charles. He does have an excellent racing/strategy mind, but he’s been doing this longer than Charles, and I think Charles’ weakness is that he put too much faith in his team. Whereas Carlos seems to have a little more doubt in the team, so he tends to go more on his own.

Again, nothing against Carlos, but I am afraid of this being the year where Ferrari breaks Charles. As much as I like Sainz, Leclerc is the future of Ferrari. They cannot lose him when his contract expires. ANY team will snatch him up.

I don’t want to look into it too much, but after every race I see Charles and Carlos both send a video message to the Tifosi together, Today, it was just Carlos.

S D

It's funny, Lewis was questioning if softs was the way to go. Perhaps it wasn't that obvious if Lewis had doubts. What befuddles me is that Ferrari got the win although from reading these posts it looks as if they lost the race. Charles did fantastic and if the softs did go off then he would might have won. Lewis and Checo had nothing to lose so they took a chance. It worked this time and could just as easily not have.

JPower

S D wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 03:50
It's funny, Lewis was questioning if softs was the way to go. Perhaps it wasn't that obvious if Lewis had doubts. What befuddles me is that Ferrari got the win although from reading these posts it looks as if they lost the race. Charles did fantastic and if the softs did go off then he would might have won. Lewis and Checo had nothing to lose so they took a chance. It worked this time and could just as easily not have.
It's a mix of two crowds. Some are legit Ferrari fans, and are mad at the questionable strategy. The other are Leclerc fans, who feel their driver has been wronged and that everyone on the team should be subservient to him.

It's pretty obvious which comments are which.

AR3-GP

S D wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 03:50
The problem is that Ferrari are not making progress in producing a WDC. So yeah, a Ferrari won, but it's bringing them no closer to winning a WDC if you think big picture.

evered7

The Mercedes is kind on its tires. And Hamilton always second guesses his team especially when he's in a position of doubt or unlikely win. He praises the team when the task is achieved but the guy always has his comments to be made on radio.

Binotto has come out and said that Charles was asked to stay out. That's where the problem lies.

Even if they double stack, they get a 1 and 3. And since Sainz is this all conquering matador, disposing off Lewis shouldn't have been an issue at all.

1-2 turned to a 1-4 with the wrong driver winning it.

Picture this, Perez is Max's closest WDC challenger, yet he is #2 in the team. This shows which team is serious about winning the title and who are just happy to be competitive.

If post the summer break, Ferrari don't decide on #1, #2, Leclerc should move on. He ain't winning anything with this bunch of people.

Finally where the heck are the upgrades on the car?

Drift4794

JPower wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 00:24
rafeyahmad wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 22:46
Stop trying to dilute their failure. Xavi said on radio: "The softs will only be faster for 2 laps". Like *what?* Their very own sims in FPs and the other teams' showed the soft tyre would last longer than that. All top 8 drivers pitted for softs except one. Leclerc. Worst case scenario they come out behind Lewis? Still a better position than leaving Leclerc out to defend on 20 lap old hards.

Also seems they didn't factor in tyre warm up which is baffling.

I am the biggest Ferrari fan and the happiest chap in a 200 mile radius when they win. I'm very emotionally attached but I honestly can't handle these disappointments week after week. Leaves me distraught and ruins my entire day.

2021 was a better season. At least we were maximizing points every race. It hurts way more this season
I don’t have to dilute anything. Never said it was the right or wrong decision.

I think you picked the wrong team to so emotionally invested in given its past history.
Maybe it was a language issue (and if it was, I'm sorry) but terming Ferrari's call as a "dilemma" when it was a very straightforward call -- as the rest of the teams thought -- seemed like dilution.

As for people wondering why it feels like a funeral here despite the win, it's because of compounding disappointment in the last few races of never maximizing points despite the cars. But oh, no, chalk it all down to fanboyism of one driver. Very convenient.

JPower

rafeyahmad wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 05:54
JPower wrote:
rafeyahmad wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 22:46
Stop trying to dilute their failure. Xavi said on radio: "The softs will only be faster for 2 laps". Like *what?* Their very own sims in FPs and the other teams' showed the soft tyre would last longer than that. All top 8 drivers pitted for softs except one. Leclerc. Worst case scenario they come out behind Lewis? Still a better position than leaving Leclerc out to defend on 20 lap old hards.

Also seems they didn't factor in tyre warm up which is baffling.

I am the biggest Ferrari fan and the happiest chap in a 200 mile radius when they win. I'm very emotionally attached but I honestly can't handle these disappointments week after week. Leaves me distraught and ruins my entire day.

2021 was a better season. At least we were maximizing points every race. It hurts way more this season

I think you picked the wrong team to so emotionally invested in given its past history.
Maybe it was a language issue (and if it was, I'm sorry) but terming Ferrari's call as a "dilemma" when it was a very straightforward call -- as the rest of the teams thought -- seemed like dilution.
The rest of the teams weren't in the same situation.

JPower

evered7 wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 04:55

If post the summer break, Ferrari don't decide on #1, #2, Leclerc should move on. He ain't winning anything with this bunch of people.

Finally where the heck are the upgrades on the car?
Post-Schumacher era, when has having a dedicated 1/2 been beneficial to Ferrari?

Has that arrangement with Alonso/Massa or Vettel/Raikkonen provided the results to support relegating the slower of the two drivers to permanent support status?

Leclerc has been unlucky but the driving arrangement isn't the reason why.

Two, the car just received a new rear wing and beam wing in Canada along with a new, slimmer engine cover at Silverstone.

Drift4794

JPower wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 06:01
rafeyahmad wrote:
JPower wrote:

They had 11s to react as Karun on Sky Pad showed. Charles was at Becketts and approaching Stowe when the SC came out. Then again, how could they make a decision in 11s when they couldn't make a decision of swapping in 11 laps.

I can't believe this is still debatable. How people defend this team after atrocious call after call is beyond me.

jumpingfish

rafeyahmad wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 06:20
JPower wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 06:01
rafeyahmad wrote:

They had 11s to react as Karun on Sky Pad showed. Charles was at Becketts and approaching Stowe when the SC came out. Then again, how could they make a decision in 11s when they couldn't make a decision of swapping in 11 laps.

I can't believe this is still debatable. How people defend this team after atrocious call after call is beyond me.
They had more than 11 seconds. Esteban Ocon stopped, then after 4 seconds a yellow flag appeared. Leclerc was at a decent distance from the entrance to the pit, at the time of the stop of Ocon, the strategists should already have reacted to the possibility of a double call to their drivers. But yes, if they cannot decide for many laps how to change positions between Leclerc and Sainz, then it is impossible to expect a quick reaction. #-o

Drift4794

And while we're at it, what was the ridiculous call to Sainz to back up the pack at the SC restart? Binotto has changed the team for good in a lot of places and I'm immensely grateful but this strategy department needs to be fired asap. How it wasn't already fired after the horrors of '17 and '18, I don't know.

It pains me to see a monumental talent like Leclerc throwing away his career like this. And despite the numerous times they've ruined his races over the last 4 years, he ALWAYS gives the benefit of doubt to the team. Someone get his rose-tinted glasses off. If Ferrari don't improve, he needs to sign for another team.

Sevach

rafeyahmad wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 07:01
And while we're at it, what was the ridiculous call to Sainz to back up the pack at the SC restart? Binotto has changed the team for good in a lot of places and I'm immensely grateful but this strategy department needs to be fired asap. How it wasn't already fired after the horrors of '17 and '18, I don't know.

It pains me to see a monumental talent like Leclerc throwing away his career like this. And despite the numerous times they've ruined his races over the last 4 years, he ALWAYS gives the benefit of doubt to the team. Someone get his rose-tinted glasses off. If Ferrari don't improve, he needs to sign for another team.
If this keeps happening i can totally see him jumping ship to Mercedes is a couple of years, what they did to him was ridiculous.