2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Neuron

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Wonder how Sainz feels when team's boss go for a private dinner with his teammate... Any adantage for Leclerc in the future will be like betrayal in Carlos eyes (?)

JPower

Neuron wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 18:06
Wonder how Sainz feels when team's boss go for a private dinner with his teammate... Any adantage for Leclerc in the future will be like betrayal in Carlos eyes (?)
Oh brother. :roll:

The stories you people make up in your heads are out of a bad Netflix drama.

codetower

Neuron wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 18:06
Personally, I was relieved to see this. And if I were a gambling man, I would bet that Carlos feels very relieved to see this as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos himself has not already had dinner with Charles. If one cannot understand a driver being upset because of a title fight slipping away without your control, or another driver wanting a win that has eluded him for 149 races... then maybe competitive racing is not for you.

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 11:54
He's proved to be a team player repeatedly, last time in this same race when he was asked to match a target time or let Charles through, what he did
He was pretty much the exact opposite of a team player with every chance he had so far. Pressuring team tactics in his favour in Monaco and Silverstone, pushing and fighting his team mate even with different team orders. What Ferrari allowed him was a big mistake and has left the entire team divided obviously. Imagine allowing the star of the team to suffer and lose two wins just because you want to do right by the mediocre driver. I can only imagine it was in the name of some diversity and equal opportunity...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 08:45
Andres125sx wrote:
He's proved to be a team player repeatedly, last time in this same race when he was asked to match a target time or let Charles through, what he did
He was pretty much the exact opposite of a team player with every chance he had so far. Pressuring team tactics in his favour in Monaco and Silverstone, pushing and fighting his team mate even with different team orders. What Ferrari allowed him was a big mistake and has left the entire team divided obviously. Imagine allowing the star of the team to suffer and lose two wins just because you want to do right by the mediocre driver. I can only imagine it was in the name of some diversity and equal opportunity...
One, he's not mediocre.

Two, being a team player doesn't mean he should be subservient to Leclerc. That's not his job. He is still allowed to run his race. In neither position was he told the strategy decision made would "harm" Leclerc's race.

In times of direct team orders, he moved aside as he was told.

zokipirlo

Vanja #66 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
I agree. I would terminate his contract immediately after what he done in Silverstone. At least he should try to cover Charles back for few laps and if Charles would be too slow, then overtake would be fine. But not in the first corner after restart to put him alive to sharks behind. They will never win any championship with that mentality. It would be only possible with >1s per lap faster car that Merc had in 2014-2016 to joke like that and throwing victories away for their only WDC candidate. Even if they are close in points now, Sainz is way too slow to win championship.

JPower

zokipirlo wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 13:09
I would terminate his contract immediately after what he done in Silverstone.
Yeah right. As if the comments here couldn't get more ridiculous. :roll:

ME4ME

Sainz is just doing his job.
Leclerc should blame himself for missing out on pole and destroying his front wing by hitting Perez.

dialtone

Leclerc confirms that the finger wagging from Binotto was to cheer him up.

ferkan

ME4ME wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 13:26
Leclerc should blame himself for missing out on pole and destroying his front wing by hitting Perez.
But...Leclerc was still ahead, still faster and still had it all ruined by SC strategy call. If he started on pole nothing would have changed. Funny people didnt come with that suggestion after Monaco or all the other races he took pole at...

ferkan

JPower wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 13:05
Vanja #66 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
One, he's not mediocre.

Two, being a team player doesn't mean he should be subservient to Leclerc. That's not his job. He is still allowed to run his race. In neither position was he told the strategy decision made would "harm" Leclerc's race.

He is definitely mediocre this year, albeit I absolutely agree, he earned to run his own race (which he did). Strategy call was Ferraris, not Sainz.

Andi76

JPower wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
One, he's not mediocre.

Sorry, but he is mediocre. Charles is much faster than Carlos. Constantly on almost every occasion. Being faster in Silverstone with a massively damaged front-wing, says everything.

In terms of team-orders - he followed the team orders, but he also pressured team tactics to work in his favor. And thats the problem Ferraris Strategy Departement has. They then try to do something that does not harm any driver, but this is not possible. I really wonder how Ferrari, THE team that used to be the first to put their money on one driver, refuses to do this now.

Whats funny is how things changed in that regard. 20 years ago, having a clear Nr. 1 and making calls in his favor was a scandal(i just say Austria 2002), today its widely accepted and a team even gets critisised massively when they don't do this. Maybe Ferrari is still suffering from the ghosts of the past. But if they want to win the championship they have to realise that they did right back then. And all the criticism back then from other teams was just psychological warfare and hypocrisy. They did the same, just in a much 'dirtier" way(what became clear to anyone who didn't already realise this back then after David Coulthard published his biography). But anyway - Charles is definetely much faster than Sainz and the only car/driver combination that is able to beat Verstappen/Red Bull. If they want to win the Championship they have to commit to Charles, and they have to tell Sainz thats the bottom line. Otherwise the championship will be a Sunday walk for Verstappen and Red Bull.

Andres125sx

Andi76 wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 06:57
JPower wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

One, he's not mediocre.

Sorry, but he is mediocre. Charles is much faster than Carlos. Constantly on almost every occasion. Being faster in Silverstone with a massively damaged front-wing, says everything.

In terms of team-orders - he followed the team orders, but he also pressured team tactics to work in his favor. And thats the problem Ferraris Strategy Departement has. They then try to do something that does not harm any driver, but this is not possible. I really wonder how Ferrari, THE team that used to be the first to put their money on one driver, refuses to do this now.

Whats funny is how things changed in that regard. 20 years ago, having a clear Nr. 1 and making calls in his favor was a scandal(i just say Austria 2002), today its widely accepted and a team even gets critisised massively when they don't do this. Maybe Ferrari is still suffering from the ghosts of the past. But if they want to win the championship they have to realise that they did right back then. And all the criticism back then from other teams was just psychological warfare and hypocrisy. They did the same, just in a much 'dirtier" way(what became clear to anyone who didn't already realise this back then after David Coulthard published his biography). But anyway - Charles is definetely much faster than Sainz and the only car/driver combination that is able to beat Verstappen/Red Bull. If they want to win the Championship they have to commit to Charles, and they have to tell Sainz thats the bottom line. Otherwise the championship will be a Sunday walk for Verstappen and Red Bull.
OMG...

So Carlos Sainz is mediocre, Ferrari knows nothing, they should hire you to provide them advise. How much talent wasted! :wtf:

Armchair experts... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough, Sainz did disobey TOs twice from the many he received in Ferrari in one and a half seasons. And on those two ocasions Ferrari got benefitted as both calls were absurd. IE, Sainz nailed it when deciding to comply, or not, much more than Ferrari strategy department :o

But he´s mediocre, he should be fired... Amazing how people can overreact when things did not favour their favourite

ME4ME

ferkan wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 22:14
ME4ME wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 13:26
But...Leclerc was still ahead, still faster and still had it all ruined by SC strategy call. If he started on pole nothing would have changed. Funny people didnt come with that suggestion after Monaco or all the other races he took pole at...
Had he taken pole, he could've run away with Verstappen and left the others behind.

Had he not been over aggressive against Perez he could've had a perfect car - like Sainz - and benefitted from that all race. Possibly created a substantial gap.

He could've been more active in designing his own strategy, be proactive. Like Sainz, Vettel and others have been.

Leclercs mistakes or shortcomings is what makes the team consider letting Sainz win since he was faultless and put it on pole. If Leclerc wants the benefit of the doubt and the full backing of his team the entire time, he should make less mistakes. He shouldn't act like he is entitled the teams every priority.

Yes, Ferraris SC call was bad for him. And yes Ferrari have messed it up for him serveral races this season.

Alakshendra

Pardon me if i think it differently here but what is the point of discussing something which is already done.

First Carlos was slow but he didnt made drama, team played a wrong strategy and well in the end leclerc paid the price. However this is not the first time Ferrari has been poor with strategy, i remmeber the time when Maurizio Arrivabene said "Sometimes it would be better to take one's eyes off the computer, watch the track and use common sense". We did mistakes lot of time even in this year purely on strategy side. Still believe need to work in this area and may be get a better guy for team strategy to be honest.

Second RB is for a fact fast and Merc has improved drastically , so an imporvement in the direction of car is needed. There is no point of talking that wrong car won or leclerc faster than carlos, in the end what matters is red car winnin, atleast for me i want red car to win every single race beat Charles or Carlos whoever it is.

The next race is austria whereRB has a clear advantage due to their turbo which works so well at higher altitute, merc will suffer as their turbo is weakest among all is what i thinks, so its a straight head on fight with RB tis time. I hope we somehow win this one...