2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
pipoloko
pipoloko

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

your italy coluors give me some feedback where you are located
prima la maquina dopio L"uomo word more word less was Enzo philosophy
have you forgotten?
Reutermann
surtess
alessi
vettel
alonso
prost
mansell
andretti
regazzoni
merzario
galli
pironi
sheckter
alboretto
pironi
berger
morbidelli
kimi
massa
Fangio
barrichelo'
and and........

couple of exemptions
SCHUMAHER
Villenueve
yes MAX is important for RB they have to sell drinks , they need heroes or build heroes
this is about marketing !!!!
please accept that leave your coure aside

Vanja #66

Enzo also said aero is useless, engine is king. Enzo was wrong a lot. That's why his team also lost and learned a lot - to win again.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

pipoloko
pipoloko

Enzo lived in a different time
yes 10 extra HP give you.1 sec
and aero can give secs
and tires types give you secs too
look at my driver's list which includes many pos Enzo Drivers Like Vettel 4 times champ
Alonso 2 times (and very recently)
but ferrari's business has never changed is
Selling Cars !!!!!!
and team is king, not drivers
it that difficult to understand?
this site calls F1TECHNICAL not F1 FANS
i do understand that many people don't like that but Elkan pay salaries to those that increase sales not emoticons !!!!!!
accept that and turn over the page

codetower

pipoloko wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 16:40
your italy coluors give me some feedback where you are located
prima la maquina dopio L"uomo word more word less was Enzo philosophy
have you forgotten?
Reutermann
surtess
alessi
vettel
alonso
prost
mansell
andretti
regazzoni
merzario
galli
pironi
sheckter
alboretto
pironi
berger
morbidelli
kimi
massa
Fangio
barrichelo'
and and........

couple of exemptions
SCHUMAHER
Villenueve
yes MAX is important for RB they have to sell drinks , they need heroes or build heroes
this is about marketing !!!!
please accept that leave your coure aside
Yes I don't deny where I am from, or who my teams are. And believe it or not, I am Ferrari first. Leclerc won't always be there, but Ferrari will. And while I don't disagree that you need to have a fast car first... if you want to be a champion you need a driver to get you there as well.

Ferrari doesn't need F1 to sell cars. But I would bet anything that Ferrari wants to be Champions. Binotto wants to be a champion. Vigna, Elkann... everyone on the board want to be champions, and you need a driver to make you a champion; "La macchina" wont get you there on its own. They have the driver, and they have the car. They just need to prioritize. They need to stop making silly mistakes and more importantly, stop making excuses.

There are reports now starting to circulate that the team is thinking of sacking Binotto over the summer break... I really hope this does not happen. I hope he is given the chance to fix these mistakes. He's done well with the team improving in other areas; The car, engine, pit-stops, setups. He just needs to admit the mistakes and make improvements, not excuses.

deadhead

mzso wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 19:00
If Binotto thinks "there is nothing to change" in the team then he should be the first one removed.
Maybe he is trying to manage it internally without blowing too much smoke with the media? Or at least I hope that is the case otherwise you do have a very good point.

JPower
JPower

deadhead wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 21:19
mzso wrote:
If Binotto thinks "there is nothing to change" in the team then he should be the first one removed.
Maybe he is trying to manage it internally without blowing too much smoke with the media? Or at least I hope that is the case otherwise you do have a very good point.
Destabilizing your team in the middle of the season is idiotic.

Nothing of note personnel wise will be changed until the offseason when the proper steps and evaluation can be taken.

tpe
tpe

If they want changes in term's of personnel, procedures or both, they don't have the time futon the off season. They have to act now.

They won't do it though...

JPower
JPower

tpe wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 22:16
If they want changes in term's of personnel, procedures or both, they don't have the time futon the off season. They have to act now.

They won't do it though...
Sure they do, especially if you're trying to replace someone like Rueda that has been there for as long as he has. Can't really think of a time where a director-level position was fired during the season by a top team.

It would take time to find a suitable replacement as well.

Procedure was not discussed in the article. Don't why people are assuming that was part of the conversation.

pipoloko
pipoloko

Vanja #66

pipoloko wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 20:10
and aero can give secs
look at my driver's list which includes many pos Enzo Drivers Like Vettel 4 times champ
Selling Cars !!!!!!
i do understand that many people don't like that but Elkan pay salaries to those that increase sales not emoticons !!!!!!
You've been proved wrong in every reply to your posts on the subject of Hungary race. Ferrari had the pace with Leclerc and the team screwed up big time with hard tyre decision.

What gives you the right to keep insulting members of this forum ans calling us names?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

‘’There are reports now starting to circulate that----‘’ There is always reports starting the circulation mostly where FERRARI are concerned or when this that or the other is calculated not to be ‘one of ours’. They are as usual, always from the same particular section of the so called well known ‘famous’ F1 press. Those that carry them over to other places such as this, are the same well known people over here. They are the first to press for a ‘source’ to be quoted when discussing technical matters on this mostly technical site, and somebody pushes out a technical opinion. One thing is for sure. This here one of the very best technical sites still doesn’t escape the famous saying that’’ a cow not only sells good, but that is because no part of the cow goes to waste’’. Clicks are important and they will always be.

pipoloko
pipoloko

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 06:40
pipoloko wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 20:10
and aero can give secs
Selling Cars !!!!!!
You've been proved wrong in every reply to your posts on the subject of Hungary race. Ferrari had the pace with Leclerc and the team screwed up big time with hard tyre decision.

What gives you the right to keep insulting members of this forum ans calling us names?
i has not been my intention, is not and will not be to insult anybody in this forum if you or others felt like that I am very sorry and I apologize !!!!
as I assume many of you are , I am an engineer with some interesting/extensive esperience in racing cars and leading teams (not in f1 ) who likes hard data more than "emotional gossip" and eventually because of my technical background and experience in the sport as well in business is trying to show a different point of view
again I apologize if I offend anyone
because my experience in sport as team manager and one championship in stock cars in my pocket, having shared with my driver with many of the drivers here mentioned tracks , hotels and races in promotional categories I tend not to blame these immense talented kids and because my acumen in the sports business i don't intend to blame capable team directors too
I only intent that other supposed engineers analyze data more than feelings
eventually, I am wrong in trying to do my contribution.
sorry

codetower

Here is an interview with Charles Leclerc for BBC. One specific part that caught my eye was when asked him about the mistakes made this year (both his and the teams). egarding the strategy and reliability mistakes, he said he is confident they can correct them. When asked why he is confident, his response:

"The way that we work, because I know how tough it's been the last few years to get back to where we are. And I know that we arrived to that level because for two years we have been working on those weaknesses of the car.

"So, we still have weaknesses and we need to work on them. But if we work as well as we did in the last two years on other weaknesses, I am confident we will overcome them."
I still believe in the team, and I still believe Binotto can get the team there. He's done a good job so far. But I wish THIS would be the comments they make publicly.

Here's a link to the interview:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/62408975

Schippke
Schippke

JPower wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 22:53
Can't really think of a time where a director-level position was fired during the season by a top team.
2014 comes to mind (Domenicali -> Mattiacci -> Arrivabene)... fired mightn't be the right word though.

'Removed' maybe...

mzso
mzso

JPower wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 21:58
deadhead wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 21:19
mzso wrote:
Destabilizing your team in the middle of the season is idiotic.

Nothing of note personnel wise will be changed until the offseason when the proper steps and evaluation can be taken.
For them it wouldn't make a difference. Instability is their default state.
JPower wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 22:53
Sure they do, especially if you're trying to replace someone like Rueda that has been there for as long as he has. Can't really think of a time where a director-level position was fired during the season by a top team.

It would take time to find a suitable replacement as well.
Firing the strategy department, and replacing them with a coin to flip, or a magic 8 ball would already bring an improvement. At least a coin is right half of the time.
So an interim solution is easy. Until they can find someone better than pure randomness.