2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Scorpaguy wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 22:05
JPower wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 18:51
Scorpaguy wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 18:33
Bino had a great strategy to finish second, seems they have no fight left in them IMHO.
There was no strategy to finish first. They did what needed to be done.
I certainly agree with your first sentence...and feel it seems to sum up Bino's reign as TP. While cracking quali has been achieved (with spades), race pace seems elusive to them. Or it is entirely possible that the Max/Newey combo is just too strong. Still, I think the Tifosi of world would better served with a bit of emotion ala Arri rather than the current capitulation to second mentality. HOWEVER, much better this year than last.
There's no way anyone could've watched this entire season and thought Ferrari was going to win this race. You could've penciled Monza in as a Red Bull win at Saudi Arabia.

Even if tire deg was how it was at the beginning of the season, the F1-75 is at an inherent disadvantage to the RB18 at a track like this.

There was no "capitulation". The results were maximized.

Xyz22

JPower wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 00:21
Scorpaguy wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 22:05
JPower wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 18:51

There was no strategy to finish first. They did what needed to be done.
I certainly agree with your first sentence...and feel it seems to sum up Bino's reign as TP. While cracking quali has been achieved (with spades), race pace seems elusive to them. Or it is entirely possible that the Max/Newey combo is just too strong. Still, I think the Tifosi of world would better served with a bit of emotion ala Arri rather than the current capitulation to second mentality. HOWEVER, much better this year than last.
There's no way anyone could've watched this entire season and thought Ferrari was going to win this race. You could've penciled Monza in as a Red Bull win at Saudi Arabia.

Even if tire deg was how it was at the beginning of the season, the F1-75 is at an inherent disadvantage to the RB18 at a track like this.

There was no "capitulation". The results were maximized.
Ferrari fought for the win in Jeddah till the last lap and lost only because of a bad timed VSC that allowed Max to gain DRS.

Ferrari didn't have a single chance to win this race. Clearly the car lost performance throught the year, especially after the summer break. So yeah, nothing more they could have done today with the car that has become mediocre on all tracks.

I've read the AMUS report on the race and a statement by Jock Clear which i find totally embarrassing. They complain about a smaller working window after having introduced the new floor but they don't want to back to the previous one so they made few comparisons. Why in the blue hell they didn't use Carlos to make a ton of long runs simulations during FP2 and FP3 considering his race was compromised by the penalty?

As a matter of fact we also got the usual clown like team radio " Softs are better than expected". These incompetents tried them for only 5 laps in FP2 friday. Of course they couldn't know the true performance and wear.

Embarrassing on all levels. They will never win.

codetower

Timtim99 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 23:52
codetower wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 20:56
chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 20:30

Tyres looked good. I think the key thing/"mistake" was pitting a little too early for the mediums with charles, which effectively forced their strategy with the 2 stopper. You can see on the lap times of charles vs Max, that after Max pitted for his fresh medium, Charles tyres looked to drop off a little bit with Max around 1/2 second to 3/4 faster than Charles. So Ferrari pulled Charles in to change to softs, where charles was then roughly 1/4 second faster than Max, but by that point, and the extra pitstop, meant Charles was always stuck behind as he never had enough pace to pull off a 2 stopper vs a 1 stop.

https://i.ibb.co/4Nxp4k1/tyres.jpg
I don’t think Ferrari anticipated the virtual safety car and so quickly. That kind of threw the whole risk into the wind. The VSC ended as Charles was coming out of the pit. I think they anticipated a few laps under the yellow. If this would have been the case, they might have been able to go the rest of the race on mediums
They did, when everyone can see that Vettel packed closed to a place the car can be rolled in quickly, Ferrari have gone backward in development and the team are also very passive with their decision making.
The VSC at last race lasted 3 laps. Yuki parked in a similar spot with an opening right behind. This VSC lasted barely a lap. They gave the green right after Charles was released. He lost about 3s of the advantage of pitting under the VSC.
Last edited by codetower on 12 Sep 2022, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

organic

tpe wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 21:49
I stand corrected.
Also, its clear that MV and CL had similar pace.
The extra pit stop was the decisive factor. But I also know that if they hadn't take it everyone would cry foul.
Across the entire stint the advantage max had was at least 2 tenths per lap. The RB just held the tyres far better and saw no deg
Deg wasn't bad for Ferrari today but just not as excellent as the RB. They can do this as they are very efficient and have great car characteristics for circuits like Monza.

The car seemed to be very good here relative to Zandvoort though. There are many positives from the weekend

JPower

Xyz22 wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 00:27

Ferrari fought for the win in Jeddah till the last lap and lost only because of a bad timed VSC that allowed Max to gain DRS.

You're missing the point. We've known the Red Bull was an extremely fast car on the straights in the entire season. Nothing has changed.

Again, after Jeddah, it was very easy to see which type of tracks each car would theoretically be strongest at.

Shal_Leg16

JPower wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 01:37
Xyz22 wrote:

You're missing the point. We've known the Red Bull was an extremely fast car on the straights in the entire season. Nothing has changed.

Again, after Jeddah, it was very easy to see which type of tracks each car would theoretically be strongest at.
one can add miami to the list. Max just zoomed past leclerc with ease with the help of speed advantage. even yday his 5 places gained in 2 laps ( without drs ) tell same story. that car is unbeatable at the moment.

Andres125sx

LM10 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 20:00
Ferrari’s concept is a great execution of the ground-effect rules whereas RBR’s concept is not really following the spirit of ground-effect rules, but the diffuser instead.
Might you elaborate?

LM10 wrote:
Bringing rule changes in the middle of the season, but also for the following season and penalizing extremely clever solutions by outstanding engineers is just a scandal in my eyes.
Nothing new I´m afraid. Mass dumper, double diffusers, DAS... the list is pretty long. But in this case, it´s safety what caused this rule change, wich IMHO is a good excuse to prevent drivers being shaked as a cocktail and also unconsistent braking perfomance wich obviously may be very dangerous.

Politics have always played a huge role in F1, but contrary to other rule changes like those I´ve just quoted, this one was based on safety wich justifies the change. Mass dumper or DAS were not, those were much bigger scandals IMHO

Shal_Leg16

Ferrari cant match RBR on aerodynamics , even if Ferrari find something innovative RB are good enough to fight and outdo them.
They should just look to improve the engine power without exploding it. Thats the only option.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
Embarrassing on all levels.
Someone needs to notify Oxford and Merriam-Webster Dictionaries, definition of "embarrassment" needs to be updated!

embarrassment
noun:

1) [uncountable] a feeling after losing while having rules changed mid-match, decisively to your disadvantage
* Ferrari should die of embarrassment, losing 2022 Championship
2) [uncountable] shy, awkward, or guilty feelings; a feeling of being embarrassed
* I'm glad you offered—it saved me the embarrassment of having to ask
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Alakshendra

The season started with high hopes with charles able to pull a couple of wins and we all thought this might be the year.

Redbull evolved races after race. I can see we all are disappointed but now after last 3 races its quite clear this year Redbull is much strong package than the ferrari, max is able to win not because of some incredible talent, i still think leclerc and sainz can also do this but once again the car is not that strong.

I accept the fact that we are second but right now car does not have that speed as Redbull and even the tire deg. is much higher than redbull, strategy --- happen but yesterday i think the right call was made, they pitted leclerc but well ferrari didnt evolved race after race while redbull did. My worry is what will happen next season,Merc wont sit silent, they will be back much strongly and well ferrari power is still lacking not just aero.

Alakshendra

JPower wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 01:37
Xyz22 wrote:

I think Binotto realised this long back that RB is much strong and well rest is just history

Espresso

Andres125sx wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 08:16
LM10 wrote:
Ferrari’s concept is a great execution of the ground-effect rules whereas RBR’s concept is not really following the spirit of ground-effect rules, but the diffuser instead.
Might you elaborate?

LM10 wrote:
Bringing rule changes in the middle of the season, but also for the following season and penalizing extremely clever solutions by outstanding engineers is just a scandal in my eyes.
Nothing new I´m afraid. Mass dumper, double diffusers, DAS... the list is pretty long. But in this case, it´s safety what caused this rule change, wich IMHO is a good excuse to prevent drivers being shaked as a cocktail and also unconsistent braking perfomance wich obviously may be very dangerous.

Politics have always played a huge role in F1, but contrary to other rule changes like those I´ve just quoted, this one was based on safety wich justifies the change. Mass dumper or DAS were not, those were much bigger scandals IMHO
But that´s how it is. When MB peeps the rules changes within the season. When any other team peeps against MB the rules gets dispensated and at earliest allowed the next season.
Not to speak about miracles that a rule change communicated on the evening can be implemented in the chassis the next morning...
FIA had the name Ferrari International Assistance....but that had long gone for decades.....
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Xyz22

Verstappen Sainz lap times when they were in free air in the first stint

Depressing difference. The TD literally killed the F1 75.

Alakshendra

Xyz22 wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 10:21
Verstappen Sainz lap times when they were in free air in the first stint

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Depressing difference. The TD literally killed the F1 75.
Please can you elaborate, as i am unable to understand how TD impacted us this bad and in which area.

johnny comelately

Have to agree with Peter Windsor's analysis of Monza.
The non-decisionmaking of the strategists/ race engineer is about as amateurish as I have seen (and I have grey hair :wink: )
Immediately much more capex available now....
Fancy throwing to Charles for something that is their job!
Obviously floundering incompetence and/or appeasement, either way a failure.
Sorry, but as professional as Binotto seems he will have to move over for....
Good cars, great drivers....
This is costing World Championships and if there were damages compensation is 20 million euros, 40 million ??
IMHO
Last edited by johnny comelately on 12 Sep 2022, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.