2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Scorpaguy wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 21:49
Big Red lost its way when they fired Arri. Even then the team may have been "punching below their weight", but his record was the best since Todt and no need to mention thereafter. Arri was a fighter and demanded his guys to "slug it out" even when outmatched. His redundency seemed to be about nothing more than him being a bit mean at times. Bino's promotion was either just wrong or a bit premature. He may step up, but the team has lost years.
If I bought a team today, Arrivabene would be my first phone call for team principal.

Scorpaguy

Zynerji wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 22:42
If I bought a team today, Arrivabene would be my first phone call for team principal.
I do wonder what he is doing these days...sticking pins into a Bino voodoo effigy does not seem his style. More likely on a yacht with women half his age. I doubt he has any interest in returning to the fire after he the way he was burned.

Jolle

Scorpaguy wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 23:58
Zynerji wrote:
I do wonder what he is doing these days...sticking pins into a Bino voodoo effigy does not seem his style. More likely on a yacht with women half his age. I doubt he has any interest in returning to the fire after he the way he was burned.
I presume he was put there by PMI to restore succes after Ferrari put that sunshade guy in charge following Dominicales (and Alonso’s) exit.

After that, I think he was the victim, together with Vettel of the power play behind the scenes between Ferrari and PMI. For now Ferrari is PMI-less… so don’t know if that’s a win or not? And for who?

BlueCheetah66

Scorpaguy wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
Weirdly he's now the CEO of Juventus. It's an odd switch of sports

GTO99

I sincerely wish the team would adopt a consistent/orderly alpha numeric naming scheme similar to other teams. I have a very hard time following which car designation is for which year.
Good riddance to mission winnow! =D>

Scorpaguy

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 01:08

Weirdly he's now the CEO of Juventus. It's an odd switch of sports
Yep...just did a quick search. Seems he is in the news for "busting a players chops" for wanting a new contract. That is definitely Arri.

Zynerji

Scorpaguy wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
I'm actually super surprised that HAAS hasn't dumped Guenther and tried really hard for Arrivabene. With his Ferrari connections, he could still be super effective, and know how to maximize the Ferrari/HAAS relationship.

Jolle

Zynerji wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 19:15
Scorpaguy wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
I'm actually super surprised that HAAS hasn't dumped Guenther and tried really hard for Arrivabene. With his Ferrari connections, he could still be super effective, and know how to maximize the Ferrari/HAAS relationship.
Because Arrivabene is a CEO, just like, in motorsport, people like Wolff and Brown. Steiner is a COO, like Horner. They know how to lead a racing team, while the CEO’s know how to lead a business. It looks the same but is a whole different job.

Zynerji

Jolle wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 19:21
Zynerji wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 19:15
Scorpaguy wrote:

Because Arrivabene is a CEO, just like, in motorsport, people like Wolff and Brown. Steiner is a COO, like Horner. They know how to lead a racing team, while the CEO’s know how to lead a business. It looks the same but is a whole different job.
Meh. I take over very different businesses and fix them for a living. Management is about people, not places or things. It is only the patience of a team as one comes up to speed in a new industry that is an issue, and great leaders earn that with extraordinary ease. Leadership crosses all bounds.

I rate Maurizio above my abilities in that department due to his success level with a world famous brand. No one has ever interviewed me on live TV about my metrics! :lol:

AtlasZX

Jolle wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 00:59
Scorpaguy wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
I presume he was put there by PMI to restore succes after Ferrari put that sunshade guy in charge following Dominicales (and Alonso’s) exit.

After that, I think he was the victim, together with Vettel of the power play behind the scenes between Ferrari and PMI. For now Ferrari is PMI-less… so don’t know if that’s a win or not? And for who?
EDIT: Double post
Last edited by AtlasZX on 24 Jan 2022, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

AtlasZX

AtlasZX wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 06:40
Jolle wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 00:59
Scorpaguy wrote:

Arrivabene was put there by Marchionne, in March 2014 Domenicali left and Montezemolo put Mattiacci instead, then in Oct. 2014 Montezemolo was thrown out from Ferrari by Marchionne, Marchionne became the new Ferrari N.V. CEO and replaced Mattiacci with Arrivabene, both Mattiacci and Arrivabene were puppets of Montezemolo and Marchionne respectively... a way to control the team after the Todt and Domenicali eras, both Mattiacci and Arrivabene had no F1 experience for a reason.
After the death of Marchionne, Ferrari's board decided that without Marchionne, Arrivabene was pointless in the Scuderia bcs a lot of decisions were taken by Marchionne and not him.
I think Arrivabene is now doing the same "speaker" job in Juventus, another team owned by the Agnelli family.

JPower

Scalexf1

Running the latest PU?

Schippke

https://scuderiafans.com/john-elkann-ma ... 6W4dunwyCU

I'm sure this is nothing more but a speculative article... but I do wonder how true the rumours were of Jean Tobt truly rejoining Ferrari, and if indeed Elkann had anything to do with it not going ahead.

Jolle

Schippke wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 08:59
https://scuderiafans.com/john-elkann-ma ... 6W4dunwyCU

I'm sure this is nothing more but a speculative article... but I do wonder how true the rumours were of Jean Tobt truly rejoining Ferrari, and if indeed Elkann had anything to do with it not going ahead.
Like I read it, they invited, talked or just amused themselves with the idea of having Todt in a role like Lauda had at Mercedes or Prost at Renault. Someone for the big guys in the team to bounce ideas off and use their experience.
This sounds very plausible.

The part where they want to replace Binotto with someone they hire from outside. Well.. I suspect, same with drivers, talks behind the curtain like that are always taking place, with everyone “hot”