2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MV8
MV8

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 11:44
Impossible to know everything that's been going on for a while, but there were several very impactful events this season that Binotto could have handeled differently:

- not prioritizing Leclerc right after Australia
- allowing TD039 to pass in its final form without veto
- still allowing many team errors in the final races of the season after Monaco, Silverstone and Hungary catastrophes

I'm not sure if there is a TP that won't be more of the same, but obviously Management and Binotto agreed to part ways, so he also accepts he was not up to task.
He could use the veto for the TD039?
Just posting

101FlyingDutchman

MV8 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 12:00
Vanja #66 wrote:
Impossible to know everything that's been going on for a while, but there were several very impactful events this season that Binotto could have handeled differently:

- still allowing many team errors in the final races of the season after Monaco, Silverstone and Hungary catastrophes

I'm not sure if there is a TP that won't be more of the same, but obviously Management and Binotto agreed to part ways, so he also accepts he was not up to task.
No he couldn’t, that’s not how the veto can be used. And also implying that in resigning he accepts he wasn’t up to the job is clearly just an opinion. In no way does one necessarily follow the other.

skoop

Since F. Vasseur seems to be the favorite to become TP at Ferrari: Is he high regarded as TP?

wowgr8

This situation is just comical. What happened to the supposed change of culture? I don't want Vasseur leading Ferrari. They have to get an ex Mercedes person as rumoured because that's a team that understands how to win but there would also likely be a huge communication issue. Just a mess from top to bottom.

johnny comelately

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 12:17
MV8 wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

No he couldn’t, that’s not how the veto can be used. And also implying that in resigning he accepts he wasn’t up to the job is clearly just an opinion. In no way does one necessarily follow the other.
Where is the upvote thingy for this one?

jordanb

Sad decision by Ferrari. Binotto was a good leader with technology.

Vanja #66

MV8 wrote:
Yes, veto is for any and all rules and rule changes. Last used in 2015 to stop introduction of price cap for engines and gearboxes. It would have been tough to sell the use veto for TD039 to the public, as it was introduced in the "interest of driver health and safety" with huge push from the entire Mercedes team and both drivers and their PR machinery. I always thought veto could have been used as a bargaining tool to limit the reach of changes, especially after seeing its effect at Spa.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Holm86

Vanja #66 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 13:11
MV8 wrote:
Yes, veto is for any and all rules and rule changes. Last used in 2015 to stop introduction of price cap for engines and gearboxes. It would have been tough to sell the use veto for TD039 to the public, as it was introduced in the "interest of driver health and safety" with huge push from the entire Mercedes team and both drivers and their PR machinery. I always thought veto could have been used as a bargaining tool to limit the reach of changes, especially after seeing its effect at Spa.
Im not sure the veto can be used on regulations regarding safety in the first place

Vanja #66

Holm86 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 13:15
Im not sure the veto can be used on regulations regarding safety in the first place
Veto is veto, it doesn't matter what grounds the change or new set of rules are based on.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-why ... s-explored

As we've seen in the 2022 F1 season, a lot of cars are experiencing porpoising while driving. Since this aerodynamic phenomenon is quite dangerous for drivers, the FIA are planning to introduce anti-porpoising rules for the next season.

Additionally, they have already forced some changes to this year's cars as well. These changes were not appreciated by many teams, including the Maranello-based outfit.

However, the FIA declared that the changes are for the safety of the drivers, which should be most important. Even though 'The Prancing Horse' team could've used their veto against the rules, they will not do so since it concerns the health of the drivers.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Juzh

codetower wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 00:56
This is becoming more and more of a problem for Ferrari. If you are to believe what is being written, no one wants the job. There's a story out there that they went up and down the paddock at Abu Dhabi and everyone turned them down, including a lucrative offer to Horner that would basically ensure a comfortable retirement.
Dude's rich already so money is a poor persuasive tactic. Same with Newey back in the day when they also tried luring him to Italy.

codetower

Here we go again. Having to start over with a new TD, likely turnover of staff, etc. This time around not only do we lose a good TD, we also lose our main engine guy.

Im not sure I want Vasseur. Not only has he not been impressive, he doesn’t have experience battling at the top. That’s what bit us this year, but we finally got some experience. I’d rather bring in someone new at this point than a known mediocre. id even be willing to give Vettel a shot over Vasseur.

F1NAC

codetower wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 13:46
Here we go again. Having to start over with a new TD, likely turnover of staff, etc. This time around not only do we lose a good TD, we also lose our main engine guy.

Im not sure I want Vasseur. Not only has he not been impressive, he doesn’t have experience battling at the top. That’s what bit us this year, but we finally got some experience. I’d rather bring in someone new at this point than a known mediocre. id even be willing to give Vettel a shot over Vasseur.
He wasn't main engine guy since he got promotion. It is Enrico Gualtieri.

But yeah he knows Ferrari's PU inside out.

AR3-GP

and it's official...Binotto out.

sunny1304r

Do you guys think RedBull PowerTrain would approach Binotto ?

TNTHead

Why couldn't Binotto step down as TD and proceed running the engineering departement? I think that would suit him better than a TD which needs to be good in communications and politics.