2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
codetower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

F1NAC wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 13:56
codetower wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 13:46
Here we go again. Having to start over with a new TD, likely turnover of staff, etc. This time around not only do we lose a good TD, we also lose our main engine guy.

Im not sure I want Vasseur. Not only has he not been impressive, he doesn’t have experience battling at the top. That’s what bit us this year, but we finally got some experience. I’d rather bring in someone new at this point than a known mediocre. id even be willing to give Vettel a shot over Vasseur.
He wasn't main engine guy since he got promotion. It is Enrico Gualtieri.

But yeah he knows Ferrari's PU inside out.
Yes, you are correct. We are losing the main engine guy, but he was heading the engine department for many years, and doing a pretty good job. And as you say, he doesn’t know the engine very well. He will likely take that with him… Possibly over to Audi.

But hey, life goes on. hopefully our momentum will keep us in the mix For the title next year.

It’ll be interesting to see how soon they bring someone in. With preseason testing little over three months away, you need someone soon if they are going to start making personnel changes, and putting in their process in place.

tpe
tpe

I was hoping for some pop-corn hour, but it looks calm here. :lol:
Anyway.

What no one says is that the departure of MB is not that important. What is important is the lack of succession plan.
Which will result to multiple years of failures etc...

Peter Ian Staker

Can anybody come up with a good reason for Vasseur to be given the job beyond Leclerc’s camp want him and nobody better actually wants it?

AR3-GP

Straight to Hinwil.

FW17

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 14:42
Straight to Hinwil.
Yeah, will be a good signing for Audi

dren

Expected this after the ups and downs of the season. Sad to see him go but it may have not been the right position for him. Either way, --- show as always at Ferrari.
Honda!

FW17

Has Ferrari approached Elon Musk for the TP job?

We need hardcore at the scuderia right now.

mzso

codetower wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 00:56
This is becoming more and more of a problem for Ferrari. If you are to believe what is being written, no one wants the job. There's a story out there that they went up and down the paddock at Abu Dhabi and everyone turned them down, including a lucrative offer to Horner that would basically ensure a comfortable retirement.

4 TDs in the last 9 years, allowing all these rumors to run without acknowledgement or denial; It's definitely not a good look. They'll end up having to convince Binotto to stay since they can't find a better replacement, and agree to his keeping everyone on the current staff, and with the same no clear #1 driver lineup. Eventually Charles will leave to Mercedes after Hamilton retires or to RB after Perez's contract is up.
Briatore would be self-confident enough. :)
And wouldn't care about failing anyway.

mzso

chrisc90 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 10:43

Seems stupid. Most Ferrari thing ever. The season isn’t over and they still doing cock ups.
Binotto was the one who resigned...
Besided, clearly he wasn't effective. The big question is, whether they can hire someone better.

mzso

Peter Ian Staker wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 14:32
Can anybody come up with a good reason for Vasseur to be given the job beyond Leclerc’s camp want him and nobody better actually wants it?
Nothing better is needed.

Baulz

TNTHead wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 14:25
Why couldn't Binotto step down as TD and proceed running the engineering departement? I think that would suit him better than a TD which needs to be good in communications and politics.
Once you have the top job it is hard to step down to a lower position while getting along with the person that replaces you.

I would expect him to have a lot of offers coming his way right now.

taperoo2k

The Ferrari Clown Car way of running an F1 team continues. Though I will give Ferrari the benefit of the doubt, they could hire somebody who's able to sort out the tactical decision-making process and whatever else needs fixing. Or it could just be more of the same. I'm not a Ferrari fan, but I do want to see them in the mix for the titles. A 3-way battle between Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes would be something special.

AR3-GP

mzso wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 16:21
chrisc90 wrote:

Seems stupid. Most Ferrari thing ever. The season isn’t over and they still doing cock ups.
Besided, clearly he wasn't effective. The big question is, whether they can hire someone better.
Oh come on now, Binotto’s “resignation” is just the cover story to make both parties look good. So Ferrari management can say it’s not their fault and Binotto can say he didn’t get “sacked”.

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:25
mzso wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Oh come on now, Binotto’s “resignation” is just the cover story to make both parties look good. So Ferrari management can say it’s not their fault and Binotto can say he didn’t get “sacked”.
Binotto didn’t get sacked. He resigned. Elkann asked him to stay on as TD but Binotto refused,
because Elkann has been working against him on all fronts for a while and he is right to leave completely!!
That does not alter the fact that Binotto is very sorry to leave Ferrari.
The Power of Dreams!

codetower

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:25
mzso wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

I'm not convinced it's all just Ferrari either. Binotto would be giving up a contract year. That's quite a bit of money to leave on the table. If you get sacked, they pay the last year of your contract. This might be why Ferrari were looking for 6 months gardening pay... a sort of compromise.

Seems to me it was both sides. Ferrari wanted change, Binotto didn't, so they agree to part ways.