2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

mzso wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 20:57
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 08:28
Andres125sx wrote:
18 Dec 2022, 14:10

Not a useful analogy. It's better to have both drivers high in points so if one of them falls out the other can pick up the fight. Sacrificing one for the other is a last resort.

Lolz its becoming nonsense now.

F1 is considered the pinnacle of racing , at that level there is no room for " if one of them falls "

im amazed how can an argument fall this low. imagine Ross Brown & Jean Todt discussing " It's better to have both drivers high in points so if one of them falls out the other can pick up the fight ". Which means if Schumacher falls out Barrichello can pick up the fight ......

😂😂😂😂 i read that again. Last line.

Shal_Leg16

mzso wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 21:03
Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 15:29
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 13:50
This - equal treatment is the Norm in F1 is the joke of the century. 🤣🤣

and all the sennas, shumis, vettels, lewis, Alonsos & maxs of F1 world are laughing at this.
I can't believe there are people who actually believe this... The last duo that didn't have a clear status were Prost and Senna in McLaren and it was clear why that was. This was more than 30 years ago. Bar Rosberg, every champion since was a number 1 in that season. Rosberg won despite of his defacto number 2 status.
Not true. Even recently Hamilton, Verstappen earned their preferential treatment by vastly outperforming their teammates

There is no meter set to calculate this " vastly out performing " in F1.

Every team knows who is their best driver. They dont need to run a competition to decide who is better. They predecide who is the #1 guy and who will get the priority. Thats the reason why perez is always on " Different strategey ".

AR3-GP

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 02:56
mzso wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 20:57
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 08:28

Lolz its becoming nonsense now.

F1 is considered the pinnacle of racing , at that level there is no room for " if one of them falls "

im amazed how can an argument fall this low. imagine Ross Brown & Jean Todt discussing " It's better to have both drivers high in points so if one of them falls out the other can pick up the fight ". Which means if Schumacher falls out Barrichello can pick up the fight ......

😂😂😂😂 i read that again. Last line.
:lol:

Vanja #66

mzso wrote:
Not true. Even recently Hamilton, Verstappen earned their preferential treatment by vastly outperforming their teammates
What's not true exactly? Every number 1 driver ever earned his status, we are not even discussing that... :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

Big Tea wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 00:00
bluechris wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 22:03
For me the situation is crystal clear. No matter the team, if a driver after the 1st 4-5 races is ahead with a good margin of his teammate, he must get preferencial treatment. This is the way to go to reduce problems and headaches to the team and between the drivers etc.
Ferrari hasn't done that in binotto era and that was imo an extra nail in his coffin.

All the teams back a driver somehow, especially the front running teams because this is the way to win championships, period.

Next year Ferrari must help Leclerc according to his results from the previous years. Oufcourse if Sainz go suddenly super fast and is above Leclerc after 4-5 races then they must adapt to Carlos but i don't think this is the case with him.
After a few races it is fair enough, they can see who is the best option, I don't think most would disagree. At the onset of the season though, there may be nuances with the car that mean one driver will get more out of it than the other.
Example, who would have put money on a new driver beating Vettel in the car he had been dominant in?

TBH though, we have to assume that even as soon as the first race, the team have a good idea of which driver is going to come out on top, but if it is a close thing, is it worth keeping options open
Exactly, we´re not comparing Schumacher-Barrichelo drivers, Lecrerc still need to prove consistency during the season, and Sainz has proved to be fast (not as much as Lecrerc in Q, but similar and ocasionally faster in race) and reliable, so they´re not that far away, as 2020 season proved any problem with Lecrerc can make Sainz a better bet

Ferrari would be cutting their own chances if prioritizing Lecrerc from race 1. Normally Lecrerc should be ahead in the table, but racing is racing, normally is a weird word to use, unexpected things happens every season

mzso

Vanja #66 wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 09:37
mzso wrote:
What's not true exactly? Every number 1 driver ever earned his status, we are not even discussing that... :lol:
I mean in each year they created a gap to their teammates, to earn priority later in the year.

tpe
tpe

Andres125sx wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 11:44
Big Tea wrote:
bluechris wrote:
For me the situation is crystal clear. No matter the team, if a driver after the 1st 4-5 races is ahead with a good margin of his teammate, he must get preferencial treatment. This is the way to go to reduce problems and headaches to the team and between the drivers etc.
Ferrari hasn't done that in binotto era and that was imo an extra nail in his coffin.

All the teams back a driver somehow, especially the front running teams because this is the way to win championships, period.

Next year Ferrari must help Leclerc according to his results from the previous years. Oufcourse if Sainz go suddenly super fast and is above Leclerc after 4-5 races then they must adapt to Carlos but i don't think this is the case with him.
After a few races it is fair enough, they can see who is the best option, I don't think most would disagree. At the onset of the season though, there may be nuances with the car that mean one driver will get more out of it than the other.
Example, who would have put money on a new driver beating Vettel in the car he had been dominant in?

TBH though, we have to assume that even as soon as the first race, the team have a good idea of which driver is going to come out on top, but if it is a close thing, is it worth keeping options open
Exactly, we´re not comparing Schumacher-Barrichelo drivers, Lecrerc still need to prove consistency during the season, and Sainz has proved to be fast (not as much as Lecrerc in Q, but similar and ocasionally faster in race) and reliable, so they´re not that far away, as 2020 season proved any problem with Lecrerc can make Sainz a better bet

Ferrari would be cutting their own chances if prioritizing Lecrerc from race 1. Normally Lecrerc should be ahead in the table, but racing is racing, normally is a weird word to use, unexpected things happens every season
Barrichelo was occasionally faster than Schumacher. So?

jordanb

Andres125sx wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
bluechris wrote:

Sitting behind George without mounting a single attack in Hungary showed how poor a race day driver Carlos is and in the same race, Charles showed how it's done. Neither is Carlos on par in quali, he is nowhere near in races either. In some races where he had a new engine, he appeared faster on race pace, especially in the second half when Max was almost guaranteed of winning the title and Charles had given up on the fight.

Shal_Leg16

jordanb wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 13:14
Andres125sx wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Sitting behind George without mounting a single attack in Hungary showed how poor a race day driver Carlos is and in the same race, Charles showed how it's done. Neither is Carlos on par in quali, he is nowhere near in races either. In some races where he had a new engine, he appeared faster on race pace, especially in the second half when Max was almost guaranteed of winning the title and Charles had given up on the fight.

Another proof or say small hint of this is battle / defense against max.

Leclerc was the only guy on the grid that could really go tow to tow with max. ( obviously If Lewis had better car he would definitely have a say, ) but compare that to sainz , sainz could never put a fight. within a lap Max would send him packing.

im not saying that this is the only definite criteria and just because sainz was not good against max means he is shyt . but if ever either of the Ferrari guys dream to win big they will have to overcome the obstacle named Max Verstappen. i don't think sainz can go tow to tow with this guy.

Andres125sx

jordanb wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 13:14

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 13:32
Another proof or say small hint of this is battle / defense against max.

Leclerc was the only guy on the grid that could really go tow to tow with max. ( obviously If Lewis had better car he would definitely have a say, ) but compare that to sainz , sainz could never put a fight. within a lap Max would send him packing.

im not saying that this is the only definite criteria and just because sainz was not good against max means he is shyt . but if ever either of the Ferrari guys dream to win big they will have to overcome the obstacle named Max Verstappen. i don't think sainz can go tow to tow with this guy.

Yes Carlos is useless, he can´t fight Lecrerc, he can´t fight Max, he´s not a team player, he doesn´t have any race pace, he´s slow in qualy, and the guy who hired him should be inmediately fired. This is what have been said in last posts about Sainz :wtf:

You Lecrerc fans have derailed Ferrari thread to Lecrer fan club, I´m done with this thread #-o
Last edited by Andres125sx on 22 Dec 2022, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

mzso

tpe wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 12:52
,Lecrerc still need to prove consistency during the season,
I dont think he needs to prove anything. He is at least trying, and his mistakes come when he's pushing to close the gap created by the under-performing car or the team...
Last edited by mzso on 22 Dec 2022, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.

Shal_Leg16

mzso wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 09:02
tpe wrote:
I dont think he needs to prove anything. He is at least trying, and his mistakes come when he's pushing close the gap created by the under-performing car or the team...
Spot On.

i dont get why this " False " narrative is being peddled time and time again that he is not consistent or he makes mistakes.

if we analyse Max's season,
He locked his tyres in Bahrain, Australia
spun off in spain & singapur,
360 at Hungary ,
crashed into lewis at Brazil
qualy mistake at Silverstone, Hungary
we can just go on. Just because he won nobody is taking about it.

if we analyze Sainz , Perez, Lewis we can have similar findings. it baffles me that none of these guys get labeled same way. Sainz might have made more mistakes or lest equal but nobody says much.

also as you mentioned just throwing away your car and making a mistake is different from trying to push it too hard and making a mistake. Not that im defending it , the driver will get punished for both just as Leclerc got punishment for imola & France. he lost the momentum. im against the narrative.

selvam_e2002

Sainz should be out from Ferrari. As Vasseur in charge for next year, I think Botta is right choice for Ferrari in 2024.

aran.vtec

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 09:16
mzso wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 09:02
tpe wrote:
I dont think he needs to prove anything. He is at least trying, and his mistakes come when he's pushing close the gap created by the under-performing car or the team...
Spot On.

i dont get why this " False " narrative is being peddled time and time again that he is not consistent or he makes mistakes.

if we analyse Max's season,
He locked his tyres in Bahrain, Australia
spun off in spain & singapur,
360 at Hungary ,
crashed into lewis at Brazil
qualy mistake at Silverstone, Hungary
we can just go on. Just because he won nobody is taking about it.

if we analyze Sainz , Perez, Lewis we can have similar findings. it baffles me that none of these guys get labeled same way. Sainz might have made more mistakes or lest equal but nobody says much.

also as you mentioned just throwing away your car and making a mistake is different from trying to push it too hard and making a mistake. Not that im defending it , the driver will get punished for both just as Leclerc got punishment for imola & France. he lost the momentum. im against the narrative.
This brings up a good point for the difference between great drivers and good drivers.

Most of the time Lewis and max when they make a mistake they still manage to come back and get a good result and sometimes still win, With Sainz for example a mistake ends the race or they get into a position where they cant recover and get a poor result and I'm guessing that is the reason why its more noticed

AR3-GP

Andres125sx wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 08:51

Yes Carlos is useless, he can´t fight Lecrerc, he can´t fight Max, he´s not a team player, he doesn´t have any race pace, he´s slow in qualy, and the guy who hired him should be inmediately fired. This is what have been said in last posts about Sainz :wtf:

None of this is wrong, except for the firing part.