2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
deadhead

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Good luck to him! The team needs it.

AR3-GP

Vasseur is underestimated. My feeling is he will do good things for Ferrari. Vasseur is decisive. Mattia was not.

billamend

I bet Toto is very happy to have another ally in another team.

gastonmazzacane

billamend wrote:
10 Jan 2023, 13:08
He doesn't. Ferrari is above their alligiance.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
10 Jan 2023, 02:25
Mattia was not.
I completely agree with this, even if I was hoping earlier last year there is some bigger picture in Binotto's head.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

billamend

gastonmazzacane wrote:
10 Jan 2023, 13:18
billamend wrote:
10 Jan 2023, 13:08
He doesn't. Ferrari is above their alligiance.
Of course, Ferrari is known for never being affected by outside influences...

saviour stivala

Ferrari have extended Binotto standard six month gardening leave to one year before he left.

ringo

This is speculation but could be investigated.. Was Binotto asked to leave because he lead the team to develop and engine that was fundamentally flawed but locked in up to 2026?
Could it be the PU should have been like the split turbo engines of the other teams, but ferrari chose their own way then discovered it was severely limited and they could not do anything about this for the remainder of these regs?
Binnotto would indeed have to leave if this is the case.
For Sure!!

saviour stivala

ringo wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 01:28
This is speculation but could be investigated.. Was Binotto asked to leave because he lead the team to develop and engine that was fundamentally flawed but locked in up to 2026?
Could it be the PU should have been like the split turbo engines of the other teams, but ferrari chose their own way then discovered it was severely limited and they could not do anything about this for the remainder of these regs?
It is not only speculation, it is a prime example of spreading balderdash.

CRazyLemon

ringo wrote:
If we're talking fundamentally flawed in terms of it will never be reliable, then maybe something to speculate on, but the fact that all energy over the next 2 years can be focused on reliability, I think they'll get it right, if not from the start of the season already. As for the architecture of the engine, we'll when run at full beans it's very good, so hard to see reason for cause from that aspect.

LM10

ringo wrote:
Considering Ferrari was pretty much in the mix even with a detuned engine for most of the last season, I would by no means call this severely limited. As long as reliability upgrades are allowed they'll be fine. First focus on power, then on reliability was the most clever way to go.

ringo

I dont think Binotto left for sporting reasons like strategy or a lack of driver preference.
My suspicion is the PU. I dont think it was as strong or reliable as it was made out to be. The car had really good df and traction due to the small turbo. However for the hybrid era we have seen what happens when engines have small turbos like the honda unit, they typically correct to a bigger turbo the following year. So i think it is something to look into, but lets see how the engines compare in 2023.
For Sure!!

hollus

Haven’t you said more or less exactly that two days ago, a few posts above?
Rivals, not enemies.

ringo

I am providing clarification.
So my opinion is not confused for balderdash; whatever that is.
Time will tell as it did so many events last year.
For Sure!!

Venturiation

Ferrari is 1 second faster in the simulator
https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-675-ove ... simulator/