2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 00:25
I'm a proud Canadian but I can still see that stroll is out of his depth.
But if he was not there, would the team survive?
A good investment for them I think. One top driver and security
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

pantherxxx

I only feel sorry for this team because of Vettel. Other than that, it's their fault.

NAPI10

Aston Martin losing up to 0.75s through F1 porpoising compromises-
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/asto ... s/9158848/

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

NAPI10

More than the negative test...is he physically recovered and mentally ready to fight Williams back of the grid

Espresso

Seb retires 01 .04 2022

Seb retires :wink:
What many feared has now happened: Sebastian Vettel (34) will end his Formula 1 career with immediate effect. After four world championship titles, 279 starts, 53 wins and 57 pole positions, the man from Heppenheim is hanging up his helmet. Yesterday his Aston Martin team confirmed that he would be driving again at the Australian GP next week after two Corona-related failures. However, the decision to turn around was made overnight.
Source:
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-vettel- ... ril-42661/
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Big Tea

Re: Seb retires 01 .04 2022

Espresso wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 19:10
Seb retires :wink:
What many feared has now happened: Sebastian Vettel (34) will end his Formula 1 career with immediate effect. After four world championship titles, 279 starts, 53 wins and 57 pole positions, the man from Heppenheim is hanging up his helmet. Yesterday his Aston Martin team confirmed that he would be driving again at the Australian GP next week after two Corona-related failures. However, the decision to turn around was made overnight.
Source:
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-vettel- ... ril-42661/
Is this true, or another crap April fool? I saw earlier Dany Ricc was retiring too. So many now seem to think April Fool just means say anything with no comedy attached, and most seem to forget it ends at mid day.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

raymondu999

Probably an April fool. I doubt Seb would call it quits even with the car being the 2022 Minardi.

Seb is a bright fellow — and he joined on an amalgamation of a few promises. New factory, new investment, new recruits. And none of those have even started (barring the first couple of big name hires)

While I cannot see a multi-wdc being super enthused at his immediate-term racing prospects; IMO Seb knows intellectually that the real barometers would be 2023 and 2024.

Andy Green’s final car design has so far proven to be a bright green dud, but even next year I’m guessing Fallows will take point on car design.

If the rumors of a B-spec are true, perhaps it may pay off to choose the RB philosophy to follow on direction rather than the Ferrari; if anything, the familiarity will help Dan Fallows
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NAPI10

raymondu999 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:15
Probably an April fool. I doubt Seb would call it quits even with the car being the 2022 Minardi.

Seb is a bright fellow — and he joined on an amalgamation of a few promises. New factory, new investment, new recruits. And none of those have even started (barring the first couple of big name hires)

While I cannot see a multi-wdc being super enthused at his immediate-term racing prospects; IMO Seb knows intellectually that the real barometers would be 2023 and 2024.

Andy Green’s final car design has so far proven to be a bright green dud, but even next year I’m guessing Fallows will take point on car design.

If the rumors of a B-spec are true, perhaps it may pay off to choose the RB philosophy to follow on direction rather than the Ferrari; if anything, the familiarity will help Dan Fallows
I hope 'B-Spec during 22 season' rumors are true; Krack has given some contradicting statements saying launching 'B-Spec' is extremely difficult due to budget cap & new technical regulations.

AR3-GP

raymondu999 wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:15

They may be best served with the Mercedes direction as that is the rear suspension and power unit architecture they have.

raymondu999

Would they? Merc aren’t doing too well with it either.

Having said that I cannot for the life of me remember the last time 2 top cars had the same engine with differing philosophies. Or tbh even having the same engine I guess
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mclarensenna

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebastian ... troll-40m/

Sundays rookie crash was a complete embarrassment for a such an an experienced, driver like Vettel.
Even Hulk and Magnussen drivers who been out of F1 for a year plus did not crash like Vettel.

Is Stroll Snr having buyers remorse on the estimated $40 million it cost to bring Vettel and replace Perez who the evidence clearly shows was a superior driver in speed, racecraft, and avoiding crashes which in the current budget cap era prove extremely costly to teams?

Zynerji

Mclarensenna wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 02:50
https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebastian ... troll-40m/

Sundays rookie crash was a complete embarrassment for a such an an experienced, driver like Vettel.
Even Hulk and Magnussen drivers who been out of F1 for a year plus did not crash like Vettel.

Is Stroll Snr having buyers remorse on the estimated $40 million it cost to bring Vettel and replace Perez who the evidence clearly shows was a superior driver in speed, racecraft, and avoiding crashes which in the current budget cap era prove extremely costly to teams?
I think Lance still has more crashes, so Seb is still safe!

NAPI10

By the end of first 3 races, AM is officially last team in construction standing.
With crappy design concept, With one driver not improving & another on downward trajectory.....where they will end this season? #-o #-o