2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:12
Vettel should retire, and I am a huge fan. Better to take 4 into the history books than show the world your ass for 10 years in midfield cars...🙄
When asked about the struggle, he said he just likes to drive the cars so I guess he will stay as long as he can keep beating Lance.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

TheFluffy

Re: Aston Martin AMR22

NAPI10 wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 17:08
Upgrades seem working well ....AM was porposing much lesser compared to other cars around.
Still a long long way to go... they got into the points today because of luck (Carlos + Ricciardo + Alonso) and will need more of that in the future if they want to get more points. AM never really had purpoising to the extent of Mercs, Ferraris, Haas. In fact if you look at the amplitudes of purpoising in F1.com, they were one of the lowest. It is just that their aero design concept relies on having a super low ride height/rake (more than the others), so with purpoising they have to raise the ride height. Thus this creates a more detrimental pace deficit relative to others.

The way that Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo were stretching the lead on Vettel, it doesn't look good on the car, so still a long way to go to actually "fight" in the midfield, let's not even talk about challenging for podiums. The rumour now is that Red Bull have less purpoising due to their intricate suspension design. And with Astons having the same rear suspensions as Mercs, their hands are tied until Mercs create a new design. There might be light at the end of the tunnel... (use McLaren as an example) But will it be too late to convince Seb to stay for another year?

NAPI10

TheFluffy wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 18:17
NAPI10 wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 17:08
Upgrades seem working well ....AM was porposing much lesser compared to other cars around.
Still a long long way to go... they got into the points today because of luck (Carlos + Ricciardo + Alonso) and will need more of that in the future if they want to get more points. AM never really had purpoising to the extent of Mercs, Ferraris, Haas. In fact if you look at the amplitudes of purpoising in F1.com, they were one of the lowest. It is just that their aero design concept relies on having a super low ride height/rake (more than the others), so with purpoising they have to raise the ride height. Thus this creates a more detrimental pace deficit relative to others.

The way that Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo were stretching the lead on Vettel, it doesn't look good on the car, so still a long way to go to actually "fight" in the midfield, let's not even talk about challenging for podiums. The rumour now is that Red Bull have less purpoising due to their intricate suspension design. And with Astons having the same rear suspensions as Mercs, their hands are tied until Mercs create a new design. There might be light at the end of the tunnel... (use McLaren as an example) But will it be too late to convince Seb to stay for another year?
Agree....not even close to fight in midfield. At least, performance from these upgrades will give them a direction to improve. Team was clueless in first 3 races.
What happen to rumored 'B-Spec'?

JordanMugen

TheFluffy wrote:
Are Aston Martin allowed to take a new suspension from Mercedes in the middle of the season? :?:

I'm not sure if such listed parts need to be homologated and locked.

loekf2

JordanMugen wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 11:21
TheFluffy wrote:
Are Aston Martin allowed to take a new suspension from Mercedes in the middle of the season? :?:

Isn't a new rear suspension also a new gear box, chassis etc ? So, new crash test ? That's very very costly given the budget restrictions.

Mercedes still have the option to go back to the Barcelona design, assuming it's just floor, cooling and body work.

TheFluffy

JordanMugen wrote:
TheFluffy wrote:

I am not sure myself. I know for sure last year they were homologated to reduce costs for 2021. But this year with a new era, I don't think that makes sense to limit customers' performance. Even Krack yesterday mentioned 3 things they want to develop to confirm my suspicion. Krack listed "suspension, aero, and weight"

Considering the magnitude of the impact of purpoising, I don't think Merc care about the costs of it and I don't think this requires a new crash test as it is just modifying the dampers inside the suspension, so the touchpoints are the same positions and the arms are not changed.

NAPI10

TheFluffy wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 19:24
JordanMugen wrote:
TheFluffy wrote:

I am not sure myself. I know for sure last year they were homologated to reduce costs for 2021. But this year with a new era, I don't think that makes sense to limit customers' performance. Even Krack yesterday mentioned 3 things they want to develop to confirm my suspicion. Krack listed "suspension, aero, and weight"

Considering the magnitude of the impact of purpoising, I don't think Merc care about the costs of it and I don't think this requires a new crash test as it is just modifying the dampers inside the suspension, so the touchpoints are the same positions and the arms are not changed.
With Fellows on board, learnings from Redbull around 'Aero & Suspension' design will be handy.

NAPI10

Aston Martin Formula 1 boss Mike Krack admits the team didn't find any extra performance at Imola-
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/aston ... /10246718/

Like the honesty of this man =D> =D> =D>

AR3-GP

NAPI10 wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 16:00
Aston Martin Formula 1 boss Mike Krack admits the team didn't find any extra performance at Imola-
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/aston ... /10246718/

Like the honesty of this man =D> =D> =D>
Considering the completely undriveable car in Australia with both drivers chucking it off the road, Imola was quite the upturn.

organic

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rari-chief

Current CEO to step down and be replaced according to bloomberg

https://jalopnik.com/aston-martin-boss- ... 1848876863

Reportedly over disagreements with Lawrence

raymondu999

organic wrote:
04 May 2022, 01:56
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rari-chief

Current CEO to step down and be replaced according to bloomberg

https://jalopnik.com/aston-martin-boss- ... 1848876863

Reportedly over disagreements with Lawrence
Not the team CEO though, mind you. Team CEO is Mike Krack. Tobias is the car company CEO
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SirBastianVettel

I thought copying teams this blatantly was outlawed?

Emag

SirBastianVettel wrote:
19 May 2022, 18:39
I thought copying teams this blatantly was outlawed?
Yeah, I was hoping we would move on from the copying saga but unfortunately they did it again.

AeroDynamic

the floor and the body is a carbon copy of the RB18. Shouldn't that be illegal after rule clarification in 2020?

organic

AeroDynamic wrote:
19 May 2022, 18:43
the floor and the body is a carbon copy of the RB18. Shouldn't that be illegal after rule clarification in 2020?
I was under the impression that it was, yes. Maybe this should be a new discussion topic? The rules around car copying as of 2022?